Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kffl=Associated Press:UPDATED AGAIN!Zorn shortens playbook and Campbell's Mechanics..

michael_33

Redskins | Team focusing on draft this year

Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:25:12 -0700

The Associated Press reports Washington Redskins executive vice president Vinny Cerrato said the team is focusing on acquiring players this year via the NFL Draft. Cerrato said in past years the team has acquired players through free agency and trades, but this year they are looking to acquire players in the draft. The team has realized that trading their draft picks the past few years has cost them because they have had few young players to develop in their system.
(They know what their doing) :)

I actually have faith that this team is being smart and trying to make the best decisions for the team...

Their just checking their options and seeing what the prices (or setting them...lol) :applause:just in case they don't like what's available at #21....

Man, :point2sky I can't wait till Saturday!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW :cheers:

Redskins | Team expected to continue pursuing C. Johnson

Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:53:44 -0700

Jason La Canfora and Jason Reid, of The Washington Post, report the Washington Redskins are expected to continue pursuing Cincinnati Bengals WR Chad Johnson or another top wide receiver up until the team makes their first-round pick in this year's NFL Draft Saturday, April 26. Acquiring Johnson has been a high priority for the team and they are prepared to guarantee him around $21 million as part of a new deal, according to league sources.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Redskins | Campbell making mechanical adjustments

Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:49:25 -0700

Jason Reid, of The Washington Post, reports Washington Redskins QB Jason Campbell is making mechanical adjustments in his throwing motion that have helped him during the team's voluntary offseason workout program. Campbell credits head coach Jim Zorn with helping him make these adjustments. Zorn said he has compressed Campbell's stance to give him the opportunity to move laterally quicker than he has in the past.

Redskins | Zorn to introduce shortened playbook

Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:45:39 -0700

Jason Reid, of The Washington Post, reports Washington Redskins head coach Jim Zorn plans to give offensive players a shortened playbook at the start of the team's minicamp May 2. "It'll only be the stuff that we can afford to put in those first five practices. And then in the [offseason training activities], we start installing all along the way, trying to give everybody all the experiences that we might need. When we start training camp, as we start again, they'll have a good base of our offense." Zorn said he would like to be further along offensively before minicamp, but he has been busy preparing for the NFL Draft.

Ummm, isn't this the time of year when GMs lie through their teeth all day, to anyone who will listen?

I'm actually fine with it, but don't tell me to take some AP snippet as gospel that there won't be a dunderheaded trade in the next few days.

Ummm, isn't this the time of year when GMs lie through their teeth all day, to anyone who will listen?

I'm actually fine with it, but don't tell me to take some AP snippet as gospel that there won't be a dunderheaded trade in the next few days.

could be!

but until that magic moment...the fact is nothing of any magnitude has been done during the off-season vis the roster.

He is an exciting player but they already offered what could equal 2 first rounders. He just isn't worth that and they're going to up the ante.

Which I dont really have a problem with..But I've expressed my views on that in the other threads on Ocho Cinco.:)

could be!

but until that magic moment...the fact is nothing of any magnitude has been done during the off-season vis the roster.

a lot of folks would do well to realize this.

Of course, many of them are happiest when they're whining... but still.

Why is it that only young fans under the age of 20 thinks its smart to trade away multiple high draft picks to get a 30 year old receiver. Chad Johnson is talented, he is one of the best to play the game, but selling our future for a player who will be done in 5 years is flat out stupid. Say we do break the bank to get this fool here and things don't go the way he wants, who's to say he want do the exact same thing to us that he's doing to the Bengals. The Bengals are being smart, giving a trade to a player that is whining to get of town would set a horrible precedent for them and every team in the league and the Redskins need to quit fueling the fire. The Bears did the right thing with Lance Briggs and where's he playing. The Bengals need to stick to there guns, once the season roles around I gurantee Chad Johnson is on the field. No way he gives up that much money and his EGO is way to big not to play.

I think the point that has some people miffed is that they're saying one thing and doing another.

These trade proposals/inquiries are real and that goes against trying to get younger by focusing on the draft.

So, I guess because they said that they are focused on the draft means that they aren't supposed to look at trade options? That seems awfully myopic, particularly if they don't think they can get the player that they feel they need in the draft.

Jason

I think Cinnci is waiting to see if the Skins will give up even more on draft day. Like two firsts outright. Maybe more. I'm sure Vinny would be able to justify it with his ridiculous draft value chart.

Vinny? This deal has Dan Snyder's fingerprints all over it. The Boss wants this deal and that's why I think that Vinny has offered more for Chad Johnson than he typically would offer.

So, I guess because they said that they are focused on the draft means that they aren't supposed to look at trade options? That seems awfully myopic, particularly if they don't think they can get the player that they feel they need in the draft.

Jason

What it boils down to is that so many people on this site are only going to be happy if things are done THEIR way.

Sort of like how 3 year olds act.

What it boils down to is that so many people on this site are only going to be happy if things are done THEIR way.

It is not that, we just have seen the other way for several years and are tired of it. Trading multiple picks for overrated and over aged players has not worked.

Yeah I've noticed that too. People blow a gasket as soon as the team does something that is not in line with how they'd do things. Could we at least wait for everything to play out before grab torches and pitchforks? :2cents:

Picking up on another point in the thread, I'm interested to see how the apparent shift in Campbell's mechanics translates to the field. I was excited about Zorn being able to work with #17, but also trying to stay grounded about just how much impact Zorn can make in a year while also serving as head coach.

I think dumbing down and shortening it enough to actually practice the stuff during a 5 day period are two different things. Don't let that get in the way of your crappy comments, though. Keep em coming, sunshine.

Thanks for the flashback.

It's like some of you don't remember when you make an incorrect argument the first time. You just repeat next time like the past didn't happen.

Your position is the same BS that we were fed when we were running 5% of the Saunders playbook. That was only because it was preseason, yada yada yada. Funny thing though, the playbook never expanded. The truth is that Saunders had to dumb down his playbook--a playbook which looked a lot more extensive and well run once Collins entered the game.

It's a dumbing down. You can try to feed the same line that was fed when Saunders did it. But a reasonably intelligent person would be able to spot the BS line the second time it was used.

Thanks for the flashback.

It's like some of you don't remember when you make an incorrect argument the first time. You just repeat next time like the past didn't happen.

Your position is the same BS that we were fed when we were running 5% of the Saunders playbook. That was only because it was preseason, yada yada yada. Funny thing though, the playbook never expanded. The truth is that Saunders had to dumb down his playbook--a playbook which looked a lot more extensive and well run once Collins entered the game.

It's a dumbing down. You can try to feed the same line that was fed when Saunders did it. But a reasonably intelligent person would be able to spot the BS line the second time it was used.

What the hell are you yapping about? I don't believe I've ever gotten into it with you about the Saunders playbook. Not that that has any bearing on this scenario, in which Zorn specifically says he wants to be able to work on the playbook in those 5 days and he'll integrate more later on.

You're way off base here. Not even close.

Archived