Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kffl=Associated Press:UPDATED AGAIN!Zorn shortens playbook and Campbell's Mechanics..

michael_33

Why is it that only young fans under the age of 20 thinks its smart to trade away multiple high draft picks to get a 30 year old receiver.

actually in a recent poll it was the opposite...most of the ones who wanted chad were above 24 yrs. of age

I think dumbing down and shortening it enough to actually practice the stuff during a 5 day period are two different things. Don't let that get in the way of your crappy comments, though. Keep em coming, sunshine.

I actually agree with his statement (for once)...JC has been in a similar offense while at auburn. If he can't figure out this much in 7-8 years (no matter the offense) then it can get bad and less likely of a future QB for us.

First, we thought it was Saunders playbook, now it's Zorn's that's too complicated....what do you do then?

Maybe getting Henne if he drops isn't such a bad idea like someone suggested in another thread topic? :2cents:

I think the point that has some people miffed is that they're saying one thing and doing another.

These trade proposals/inquiries are real and that goes against trying to get younger by focusing on the draft.

Both R.Williams and A.Boldin are young.Not to mention that they are both 10 times better than any WR coming out of this draft.

Be fair please. I think you'll be eating crow this year, as the WCO fits Campbell's past experience much better (see Auburn's Sugar Bowl victory). This will be Campbell's year to break out.

If this is so, then why is he making a "QBs for Dummies" Playbook for Campbell (since he did run this offense 4 years at Auburn)?

That's the same BULL that Saunders said and it never happened.

Do you have a memory? Will you buy it the second time around?

So what exactly are you suggesting here?

That Zorn's "dumbing down the playbook" but should instead be dumping it all on the offense and Campbell at one time?

If this is so, then why is he making a "QBs for Dummies" Playbook for Campbell (since he did run this offense 4 years at Auburn)?
He didn't. He ran it one year at Auburn, his last year, his best year, when he won SEC Offensive Player of the Year.

And who says it's "QB's for Dummies?"

The entire offense, particularly the WRs and QBs, are changing systems and getting the basics down of the new offense in a shortened workout session. This has no bearing on how things will be during training camp or as the season unfolds.

He didn't. He ran it one year at Auburn, his last year, his best year, when he won SEC Offensive Player of the Year.

And who says it's "QB's for Dummies?"

The entire offense, particularly the WRs and QBs, are changing systems and getting the basics down of the new offense in a shortened workout session. This has no bearing on how things will be during training camp or as the season unfolds.

yeah i suppose i didn't read it all the way throught...but still he ran this for his best year at Auburn so it shouldn't have to be simplified...correct? and also...

WR's should know how to run every pattern at this point in the NFL. If they can't (no matter the offense) then they have no business being in this league :2cents:

Some of you guys love being just unnecessarily negative. I guess you find a negative in every situation so that if something doesn't work, then you at least didn't get all worked up about it. I think that's pretty sad to tell the truth.

Regardless, just because Zorn is working on a simpler playbook for Minicamps doesn't mean he's dumbing it down for the season, or indicating that JC is not good enough. If you haven't looked at your calendars is April 24. The season starts in 3 - 4 months, training camp is about 3 months away. The team just started working out at the facilities a few weeks ago. Zorn just started meeting some of the players 2 months ago. My point is, do you really expect everyone to have the full playbook memorized and ready to execute already? Most of them haven't even begun to grasp even the basics of the WCO, and you expect them to go into the advanced portion of the playbook right off the bat? Ridiculous!

I want to see some of you teach. "Good morning class. I'm giving you all 30 minutes to read War & Peace all the way through and then we're going to have a test on it, this counts for 60% of your grade. Clock starts ... now!".

Get a grip you guys.

I think press report #1 and #2 are contradictory.

I really have been convinced we must be really trying to get CJ. Unfortunately we are. I just dont like the idea of bringing in a guy who is such a malcontent, for that kind of price. To give up as much as we would give up to get him, we should be getting someone who has no question marks whatsoever. Cincy isnt interested in a fair deal forhim.

You guys need to farking chill. If the team identified WR as a major need it only makes sense that we entertain the possibility of acquiring a finished product at that position.

WRs tend to take a long time to develop and if we're going to look at drafting one in the first round we may as well move the pick for a vet at the position.

Also, take the numbers and picks being thrown around in the media with a grain of salt. Most of them are planted by the teams themselves to drive up the value.

You can't tell me that the Bengals would turn down an offer of two 1st rounders. Seriously, the guy is 30 years old and a malcontent that wants to get out of dodge.

Would I rather hold onto the pick and draft an offensive lineman in the first? Sure, but there's also no denying that we're in need of a physical WR to complement Moss and Randle El.

Archived