Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kffl=Associated Press:UPDATED AGAIN!Zorn shortens playbook and Campbell's Mechanics..

michael_33

That's the same BULL that Saunders said and it never happened.

Do you have a memory? Will you buy it the second time around?

ever hear of Joe Gibbs who didn't let him do anything and had a love affair with Collins. All the man cared about was his system and TC. What OC tells the coach in the midst of a 3-6 season to bring in another veteran show he can show him how the system works. Gibbs knew he need to get the kid work before he played.

Why is it that only young fans under the age of 20 thinks its smart to trade away multiple high draft picks to get a 30 year old receiver.
Play Madden online with the Redskins 2 or 3 times, then play with the Bengals 2 or 3 times. Let me know when you're done and I'll be happy to answer your question. :)

Thanks for the flashback.

It's like some of you don't remember when you make an incorrect argument the first time. You just repeat next time like the past didn't happen.

Your position is the same BS that we were fed when we were running 5% of the Saunders playbook. That was only because it was preseason, yada yada yada. Funny thing though, the playbook never expanded. The truth is that Saunders had to dumb down his playbook--a playbook which looked a lot more extensive and well run once Collins entered the game.

It's a dumbing down. You can try to feed the same line that was fed when Saunders did it. But a reasonably intelligent person would be able to spot the BS line the second time it was used.

So it has nothing to do with the fact that Collins was in Al Saunder's hip pocket on the sideline in KC for more than five years? I would think a reasonably intelligent person would be able to spot the fact that any NFL caliber QB can learn an offense forwards and backwards in that amount of time. Campbell only had 15 total games in that offense. Be fair please. I think you'll be eating crow this year, as the WCO fits Campbell's past experience much better (see Auburn's Sugar Bowl victory). This will be Campbell's year to break out.

Question for you SMG. How much good does it have to have a great 600+ page playbook when you can only practice 50 pages a day? Is it better to have 600 pages that no one can learn is less than 2-4 years, or is it better to have 100-200 pages that you can learn in the offseason and preseason? I remember the olden days when I was in school, I did better with a smaller amount to digest at a time then being told "here is the book, test is in 2 weeks" Maybe you are different, but I think for most people the better way to learn well is in smaller doses over a period of time, then add more on. It is nice to have all of the info at the beginning so that you can move a bit more at your own pace, but when you are dealing with a large group of people, smaller, more easily digested chunks are better. Plus, if you are doing smaller amounts at a time for a class, people have a better opportunity to ask questions and fully understand the material than if they are overwhelmed by a huge amount at once.

Do a few things, do them well, and it will work much better than having hundreds of options and not being able to do any of them.

Thanks for the flashback.

It's like some of you don't remember when you make an incorrect argument the first time. You just repeat next time like the past didn't happen.

Your position is the same BS that we were fed when we were running 5% of the Saunders playbook. That was only because it was preseason, yada yada yada. Funny thing though, the playbook never expanded. The truth is that Saunders had to dumb down his playbook--a playbook which looked a lot more extensive and well run once Collins entered the game.

It's a dumbing down. You can try to feed the same line that was fed when Saunders did it. But a reasonably intelligent person would be able to spot the BS line the second time it was used.

I think the point that has some people miffed is that they're saying one thing and doing another.

These trade proposals/inquiries are real and that goes against trying to get younger by focusing on the draft.

you do know we have 8 other picks right :doh:

That makes sense. Because Saunders said he would do it, but didn't, the same thing is going to happen with Zorn. Because obviously A+B=C. Thanks for clarifying. I'm glad you already know what is going on and Training Camp/Preseason Games haven't even happened yet. I might as well just hibernate the rest of the season. Because this has already happened, and I know exactly what's going to happen: Mark Brunell is going to throw a pick against the Bengals, and Portis is going to injure his shoulder while tackling the defender causing him to go on IR at some point in the Season. We'll probably get blown out by the Colts, and Gregg Williams is going to alienate the entire defense. I've seen this all before, thanks for reminding me of that.

What's to buy? It's perfectly reasonable to assume what Zorn said is the truth. He's installing a completely new offense and he wants to be able to physically work on it in those 5 days. You expect him to plop the whole book down and have everybody memorize it? You figure he'll just draw plays out of a hat and see if everybody knows their assignments? Give me a break.

Whether or not Saunders installed more of his playbook is irrelevant here.

Look, you can read into the statement and have it mean whatever you want, it doesn't mean the statement actually means what you want it to. You've lost all objectivity somewhere along the way. Maybe you're so fragile that you have to lash out at every little thing because your little psyche is afraid to get it's feelers hurt, I dunno. But it gets tiresome reading a post of yours when they're slanted negative 99% of the time. Especially when it's a tiny little statement like the one here.

That makes sense. Because Saunders said he would do it, but didn't, the same thing is going to happen with Zorn. Because obviously A+B=C. Thanks for clarifying. I'm glad you already know what is going on and Training Camp/Preseason Games haven't even happened yet. I might as well just hibernate the rest of the season. Because this has already happened, and I know exactly what's going to happen: Mark Brunell is going to throw a pick against the Bengals, and Portis is going to injure his shoulder while tackling the defender causing him to go on IR at some point in the Season. We'll probably get blown out by the Colts, and Gregg Williams is going to alienate the entire defense. I've seen this all before, thanks for reminding me of that.

:laugh:

Damn it! I guess just wake me up when the seasons over so I can find out what's going to happen in '09. Thanks for ruining the season for me SMG.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Some people still need to learn that lesson.

Funny how I don't remember Jason Garrett having to dumb down his playbook when he became OC in Dallas last season. And I don't remember Kevin Gilbride having to dumb down his playbook when he became the OC in NY a couple seasons ago. And Norv Turner didn't have to dumb down his offense in San Diego last year. Guess that only happens to Redskins OCs.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Some people still need to learn that lesson.

Funny how I don't remember Jason Garrett having to dumb down his playbook when he became OC in Dallas last season. And I don't remember Kevin Gilbride having to dumb down his playbook when he became the OC in NY a couple seasons ago. And Norv Turner didn't have to dumb down his offense in San Diego last year. Guess that only happens to Redskins OCs.

... Its not the same coaching staff. You can't be this thick. When Gibbs got hired did you think he was going to run it exactly like Spurrier did before him? You can't just say well Saunders did x so that must be what is going to happen with Zorn.

You can't just say well Saunders did x so that must be what is going to happen with Zorn.

No, but I can be think enough to spot the logical explanation:

Saunders had to dumb down his playbook for the QB who was running it. Now Zorn is having to do the same thing.

But neither of them is going to say that. They are going to say what Zorn just said and Saunders said last off-season about the 5% thing.

Again, none of the other new OCs have to do that. So I guess that is an endemic problem with being a new Redskins OC....... or maybe it's the QB running it.

Saunders had to dumb down his playbook for the QB who was running it. Now Zorn is having to do the same thing.

But neither of them is going to say that. They are going to say what Zorn just said and Saunders said last off-season about the 5% thing.

Again, none of the other new OCs have to do that. So I guess that is an endemic problem with being a new Redskins OC....... or maybe it's the QB running it.

"Zorn said he would like to be further along offensively before minicamp, but he has been busy preparing for the NFL Draft."

So you think that is just a lie and really the blame for giving the entire offense a shortened playbook is the QB. I'd tend to believe Zorn is being truthfull when he says he hasnt had a chance to create the entire playbook yet because of the draft and that it is his first head coaching job. But continue on with your assumptions.

Oh and by the way Saunders even stated the system would take a year to learn when Brunell, a 10+ year veteran, was the starting qb. But I'm sure he was just preparing himself for when JC took over. Also the dumbing down had more to do with the entire offense not just the QB, failing to grasp the entire thing. There were even comments from guys like Cooley...

I think the point that has some people miffed is that they're saying one thing and doing another.

These trade proposals/inquiries are real and that goes against trying to get younger by focusing on the draft.

So how does using one pick this yr, and one pick next yr equate to us not trying to get younger in the draft? We still would have 8 picks this yr?

I'm sure we'll agree that for our needs there won't be a player worth the #21 pick in the draft, so we can either trade it for a proven player or we can attempt to trade back into the early second where we'd get more bang for our buck so to speak on our pick, or we reach and draft the player that we like at that spot...So I don't see how Vinny and the FO doing their due diligence means that they aren't committed to getting younger through the draft...People need to relax...

Teams do not give players the entire playbook this time of year. They give a little now, then little by little they install the rest. This is not unusual or a dumbing down of anything.

Zorn is still building the playbook.

The players are learning the language of the WCO, building a vocabulary and understanding the principals that the offense is built on.

Just because it was mentioned by Zorn doesn't mean it's news, it's a part of the process this time of year.

You are correct. But no one ever said JC was a brain surgeon. If he doesn't cut it this season, he is toast.

He may just turn out to be yet another, overpaid, bad use of judgement. Ala Arch, Lloyd, etc.

If a team not only changes the playbook but an entire scheme, you have to start with the basics and build up. The players not only have different verbiage but also different timing as when to expect the pass.

We must not forget that we are changing JC's and the WR's/TEs entire world here. Plus, JC is trying to change his mechanics. It's smart to give a little at a time. But, I do agree that a poor year for JC could point to bad times for him.

Please don't listen to Generation Ipod or the Maddenites about overpaying for a 30 something WR who isnt the final piece to making us a SuperBowl calibre team.

The day the team and others stop worrying about players who can sell jerseys or make you laugh because of their antics and get players who can consistently make a difference every down we'll be on the right path.

Please don't listen to Generation Ipod or the Maddenites about overpaying for a 30 something WR who isnt the final piece to making us a SuperBowl calibre team.

The day the team and others stop worrying about players who can sell jerseys or make you laugh because of their antics and get players who can consistently make a difference every down we'll be on the right path.

Sad, but more true than I'd like to admit.

So how does using one pick this yr, and one pick next yr equate to us not trying to get younger in the draft? We still would have 8 picks this yr?

I'm sure we'll agree that for our needs there won't be a player worth the #21 pick in the draft, so we can either trade it for a proven player or we can attempt to trade back into the early second where we'd get more bang for our buck so to speak on our pick, or we reach and draft the player that we like at that spot...So I don't see how Vinny and the FO doing their due diligence means that they aren't committed to getting younger through the draft...People need to relax...

We would hope for CJ to have a season similar to what he's accustomed to. I don't know what the escalator clause was in the trade proposal but let's be conservative let's say the pick ends up being a second round pick.

That's a first-round pick this year and a second round pick next year to plug a 30 year old WR in an offense that doesn't even exist yet.

In the draft the odds are that the higher the pick, the greater chance of success. Just because we have nine picks this year doesn't mean that they will all make the team. In fact it's almost a certainty that all the players we draft won't make the roster.

I haven't been ****ing about it, but I can see how other people can be annoyed. It's displaying the same instant gratification that has black-eyed the Snyder era.

Archived