Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC News: Bush pupet Stabbed to death on Palestinian TV

heyholetsgogrant

I gather you have not watched popular cartoons, children shows or anime. Other sources for violence are videos on Youtube, and some adult comedy shows (Akhbar? the Dead Terrorist comes to mind).

The direction of the violence may be what is causing some people here to be upset, not the fact that violence bathes children all over the planet.

I see a difference. First, this program is directed at very young children. Second, it is violence directed at a very real and specific person.

Imagine Mr. Rogers explaining to pre-kindergarteners how you're supposed to stab Muslims for the good of society.

Do any of you realize that we are basically at war with Palestine? We give free weapons to their enemies to fight them. Now think about how many children are in the position the puppet(if real) was in. Do you think 5 or 6 year old kids understand that we are in the ME to liberate and free the lot of them.

I know it's a little more complex than that, but basically we are at war with them and have been for a long long time.

I thought their anger, loathing, and reaction to the Mouhamad bomb hat cartoon was way over the line. This is the same issue in reverse.

I disagree. The political cartoon had a point, a message behind it to think about.

This program is pure hate-propaganda designed to appeal to children.

No different than having SA members come to class in 1938 to show everyone how to spot a Jew and what to do with one if you found him.

~Bang

Are these the same people that flipped out over simple cartoons published in Denmark?

While not defending that program for a second, I think nothing they were doing to an image of GW Bush could be construed as blasphemy.

For some people there is an important difference. Not for me. But I'm not getting excited by either incident.

:2cents:

While not defending that program for a second, I think nothing they were doing to an image of GW Bush could be construed as blasphemy.

For some people there is an important difference. Not for me. But I'm not getting excited by either incident.

:2cents:

I agree it probably isnt the same as blasphemy but the message sent out was meant to be as disrespectful as the Muhammed comic strip.

I see a difference. First, this program is directed at very young children. Second, it is violence directed at a very real and specific person.

Imagine Mr. Rogers explaining to pre-kindergarteners how you're supposed to stab Muslims for the good of society.

okay, as I stated in my original post, folks appear to be getting upset over the direction of the violence, not the fact that most youth programs/culture contain violence. So, I acknowledged that there was a difference, but I guess I just didn't embrace that it was horrible and deplorable that anyone would be teaching their kids that it was fun to stab a particular POTUS.

Personally, I would say that the focus is an improvement in the sense that they are not just flashing up the Death to Americans sign, or hanging Uncle Sam, or burning US flags. If they are just angry at Bush the person, I am cool with that.

Note -I know you military folks won't like the last sentence. I respect that, although (now) being non-military, I can see the man, and mentally split the POTUS and CIC roles. Sorry if that ability is beyond your grasp, or if I offended you personally somehow, but don't get yourself so smothered in CIC and my comments as to interpret that as a personal attack on you, or the military in general. I appreciate the service given to the country by all servicepeople. M'kay?

Archived