Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

in memory of our #21, Sean Taylor (new tattoo)

skinslove<3

It looks nice.

How will you feel about it 25 years from now? 30 years from now?

There is always someone like you on here.

I personally do not understand the allure of tattoos. But I don't begrudge others who do.

But I do think that anyone who gets any tattoo should ask themselves the above question before needle touches skin, because tats aren't like wallpaper you can change whenever you want. Short of a medical procedure, you're stuck with it for life. I think it makes sense to think long-range when contemplating a tattoo. How will you feel about that picture 30 years from now? Cause you'll be stuck with it.

Sorry to rain on the tattoo parade.

That is some nice ink. The negative posters should back off. It isn't your skin, so don't worry about it. Do you stand in front of people's homes and tell them how to plant their flower beds, or what color to paint their house? So it will make you happy? Chill out and appreciate the fact that someone felt so strongly about something that they would be willing to wear it on their skin for life. I have four tattoos, and all of them have meaning for me. They most definitely don't mean a thing to anyone else, and that is cool. But if someone were to tell me that I shouldn't have got them, I would have to laugh in their face.

Its funny how tributes or how someone is honoring someone can turn into people downing it or saying "I wouldnt do that". What is your point in saying all that? Do you think she is going to regret it now and go get it removed?

This person has put themselves out there to show them how much they appreciated Sean's life and legacy that he left here. I honor her for that and choose NOT to discuss whether or not I would have done that and bring down HER thread.

Way to go Amy. That tattoo looks good and youre the **** for getting it!!

Its funny how tributes or how someone is honoring someone can turn into people downing it or saying "I wouldnt do that". What is your point in saying all that?

What is the point? One is to deter kids like this. . .

niceeeee.i like it.great decision to get it done....as much as i am not really all into tats,i myslef have been thinking of getting a ST one when i turn 18

My comment was I hope she'll like the tattoo 30 years from now, because the hard reality is that tattoos are permanent. I didn't say she shouldn't have done it, or that it doesn't look good.

I just wonder whether people think long term when they decide to get tattoos.

Yeah, because tattoos are a very very bad thing. :rolleyes:

They don't. They need you to fill them in on this little known fact. :laugh:

Seriously, I'm just giving you a hard time. ;) To each his own. :2cents:

Its funny how tributes or how someone is honoring someone can turn into people downing it or saying "I wouldnt do that". What is your point in saying all that? Do you think she is going to regret it now and go get it removed?

This person has put themselves out there to show them how much they appreciated Sean's life and legacy that he left here. I honor her for that and choose NOT to discuss whether or not I would have done that and bring down HER thread.

:applause: Good post as usual Big Mike

Yeah, because tattoos are a very very bad thing. :rolleyes:

They don't. They need you to fill them in on this little known fact. :laugh:

Seriously, I'm just giving you a hard time. ;) To each his own. :2cents:

I think there's a definite reason that tattoo fads skip generations. One impressionable generation sees their grandfathers' faded, sagging, blue black blobs covering their arms and think "What the heck was grandpa thinking? God help me, I'm never going to do that to my skin." So tats skip a generation, a new impressionable generation grows up oblivious to the long term look of tattoos, and inks away. Then, 30 years from now their grandchildren will see the faded blobs and thank them for the warning. :2cents:

I think there's a definite reason that tattoo fads skip generations. One impressionable generation sees their grandfathers' faded, sagging, blue black blobs covering their arms and think "What the heck was grandpa thinking? God help me, I'm never going to do that to my skin." So tats skip a generation, a new impressionable generation grows up oblivious to the long term look of tattoos, and inks away. Then, 30 years from now their grandchildren will see the faded blobs and thank them for the warning. :2cents:

It's not your ankle. So what are you so worried about it for??

Yeah thats cool...Im a tattoo artist and trying 2 come up with something is hard.

U picked nice piece 2 have done!

thank you

Just because he didn't know US doesn't mean we didn't know him. He was the Star of our team, the one guy we counted on to bring us joy in the form of football bliss.

This act by Amy was intended to honor someone who she considered to be a great man. A loving father, passionate teammate, and source of inspiration to us all.

We loved Sean. For many fans, Redskins football is a way of life, the only thing that gets us out of bed in the morning. If you can't understand that, then turn in your fan card.

:logo:

PS I liked Sean A LOT more than I like some of my family members :laugh:

your post really meant a lot to me. everyone always has something to say. i did it cause i care. he impacted my life in a great deal.

Come on guys, lighten up. She asked for only positive feedback. She made a personal decision and is happy with it. That’s all that matters.

thanks again. everyone has to hate on something

That is some nice ink. The negative posters should back off. It isn't your skin, so don't worry about it. Do you stand in front of people's homes and tell them how to plant their flower beds, or what color to paint their house? So it will make you happy? Chill out and appreciate the fact that someone felt so strongly about something that they would be willing to wear it on their skin for life. I have four tattoos, and all of them have meaning for me. They most definitely don't mean a thing to anyone else, and that is cool. But if someone were to tell me that I shouldn't have got them, I would have to laugh in their face.
Wow, you truly are an "extreme skin". Beautiful tatoo, hope you enjoy showing that off!

:Dthank you

thank you:)

My comment was I hope she'll like the tattoo 30 years from now, because the hard reality is that tattoos are permanent. I didn't say she shouldn't have done it, or that it doesn't look good.

well it skips generations, and my mom asks why i get them. its a way that i express myself. it doesnt change me, or my goals. i have a BS degree in Psychology, and have plans to go to grad school. those who judge and question why i got ink, it's me. it's what i do, and im sorry that you disagree with what i have chosen to do.

long term, screw long term. when im older, i have a memory. i put a lot of thought into this, and im glad and proud that i got it done. i didnt ask for judgments, or why i did it.

sean impacted my life in a huge way. maybe more so than others....they can hate it or love it. but, im me. im amy, im skinslove. im a die hard skins fan.

i hurt from seans death.

the end.

Hey, I've never met you, but I just wanted to tell you that your tattoo is very well done! Many of us took Sean's death quite hard...he was an inspirational player and epitomized true Redskins spirit.

While I'm not one for tattoos, I applaud your decision to channel your grief into something you found meaningful. I also commend you on being willing to make yourself vulnerable to criticism by posting the pictures. I hope getting this tattoo was a cathartic experience for you and you will be able to find a little more peace with your new memorial.

Archived