Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

in memory of our #21, Sean Taylor (new tattoo)

skinslove<3

Hmmm hope family members will be honored in the same degree as someone you NEVER knew.

Chicks never had butterflies, cherries, dice, dolphins, etc as friends or hell even pets either, yet they still get those tattoos.

It's her choice what she puts on there. More people will know Sean than her uncle or grandma or whoever else passed away. Also, I'm sure those that know her and knew whatever deceased relative already know their feelings on the matter.

Who's to say if a member of her family was gunned down she wouldn't get the tattoo? That's a bit different than dying of natural causes or hell, even cancer. Not to say that it's taken easier, but it's definitely a different situation.

That being said, I'm not a fan of tattoos myself but who are we to tell someone they shouldn't have gotten a particular tattoo, especially when it's somebody we NEVER knew. (ya like how I did that?)

I think there's a definite reason that tattoo fads skip generations. One impressionable generation sees their grandfathers' faded, sagging, blue black blobs covering their arms and think "What the heck was grandpa thinking? God help me, I'm never going to do that to my skin." So tats skip a generation, a new impressionable generation grows up oblivious to the long term look of tattoos, and inks away. Then, 30 years from now their grandchildren will see the faded blobs and thank them for the warning. :2cents:

So you're saying that grandpa's also skip generations and go missing (along with their tattoos) for 30 years?

I am working on getting a tattoo to honor my Dad...I will post that at some point...actually applied to LA Ink to get it done because of their skill and not the tv thing.

HAIL!

my father passed away when i was in 5th grade. i have not come up with something that i like to get for him yet. it's going to be on my back, but it has to be perfect, cause its for my daddy. i like that you are still trying to figure out what you want to get done. we should share later.

His eyes didn't come out so well (kinda has an asian look) but I like the choice of tattoo, the placing is a lil weird for a portrait but it's not mine so good looks

thanks. it's not massive or anything. and like i said, im a girl, i wouldn't want it on my neck, or my chest, or my back. if you looked at me with clothes on you wouldn't be able to tell i even had any. it's also small, which is why his eyes arent 100%, i love it, and you can critize all you want, but it's done. it's on my body, and im damn proud of it.

Chicks never had butterflies, cherries, dice, dolphins, etc as friends or hell even pets either, yet they still get those tattoos.

It's her choice what she puts on there. More people will know Sean than her uncle or grandma or whoever else passed away. Also, I'm sure those that know her and knew whatever deceased relative already know their feelings on the matter.

Who's to say if a member of her family was gunned down she wouldn't get the tattoo? That's a bit different than dying of natural causes or hell, even cancer. Not to say that it's taken easier, but it's definitely a different situation.

That being said, I'm not a fan of tattoos myself but who are we to tell someone they shouldn't have gotten a particular tattoo, especially when it's somebody we NEVER knew. (ya like how I did that?)

you sure do have a lot to say in this matter, and i appreciate it. that's the thing, do we question why people get the redskins hall of famers tattooed on their body? should we question why people got a 21 tattoo? if i had just gotten a 21 on my ankle would you all still be giving me the same stuff? you dont have to be a fan of tattoos to appreciate art. :2cents: it's how me, at 24, i like to express myself. it's also a way i can memorialize someone that meant a lot to me.

You can't just make up your own rules in your threads. :laugh:

well this is ES, of course you can't do that. no matter what, someone has to hate on what you do, have negative feedback, and attitude. im not questioning whether i should've shared or not. honestly though, this is me and my life. i thought most would appreciate what i did.

who else wants to step up? im not looking to argue but come on....who knew a "memorial" for sean would bring out so much negativity.

well it skips generations, and my mom asks why i get them. its a way that i express myself. it doesnt change me, or my goals. i have a BS degree in Psychology, and have plans to go to grad school. those who judge and question why i got ink, it's me. it's what i do, and im sorry that you disagree with what i have chosen to do.

long term, screw long term. when im older, i have a memory. i put a lot of thought into this, and im glad and proud that i got it done. i didnt ask for judgments, or why i did it.

sean impacted my life in a huge way. maybe more so than others....they can hate it or love it. but, im me. im amy, im skinslove. im a die hard skins fan.

i hurt from seans death.

the end.

Amy, in retrospect, I'm sorry I used your thread to open a general discussion about tattoos. What is clear is that you, like many others, were greatly affected by Sean's untimely death. And you, like many others, dealt with his death in their own way. I respect that. I didn't mean to cause you any more grief or ill-will.

Peace.

Dan

Amy, in retrospect, I'm sorry I used your thread to open a general discussion about tattoos. What is clear is that you, like many others, were greatly affected by Sean's untimely death. And you, like many others, dealt with his death in their own way. I respect that. I didn't mean to cause you any more grief or ill-will.

Peace.

Dan

no it's fine. people have to say something. im not calling you out, or want to close the thread because im getting this. this helps people understand eachother a lot more. it's a tattoo, it's ink, it's permanent and forever. some people like them and some dont. it's my generation and art, and im glad that i did it. im not upset by what people have posted, it is what it is. this wasn't to get "attention" either. i just thought that i would share with my redskins community, my other family. were good Dan T. thanks for the comments. HTTR.

my father passed away when i was in 5th grade. i have not come up with something that i like to get for him yet. it's going to be on my back, but it has to be perfect, cause its for my daddy. i like that you are still trying to figure out what you want to get done. we should share later.

My Dad was killed in November 2006. I have a basic design for mine that I might post soon. We should share at some point. I am also planning on getting mine on my back. It is not easy to come up with because it is the most important piece of art that I will ever create.

HAIL!!!

Nice likeness of ST. He will be missed.

Who was the artist that performed the tat? He is good stills it seemsm

one of my best friends tom. he does amazing work. he knew how much it meant to me and promised me that he would.

My Dad was killed in November 2006. I have a basic design for mine that I might post soon. We should share at some point. I am also planning on getting mine on my back. It is not easy to come up with because it is the most important piece of art that I will ever create.

HAIL!!!

exactly what i was thinking also. it's the most important.

What is the point? One is to deter kids like this. . .

My comment was I hope she'll like the tattoo 30 years from now, because the hard reality is that tattoos are permanent. I didn't say she shouldn't have done it, or that it doesn't look good.

I just wonder whether people think long term when they decide to get tattoos.

Hey Dan, I know you already made your peace with this topic, but I felt I needed to point something out about the tattoo culture that I think alot of people have missed the boat on.

When you read your above post, I am going to bet that there are alot of things that you have had the chance to do in life, but didn't because you worried about the long term effects. While there is certainly nothing wrong with a little caution in life, you can't let possible life long memories go down the drain, because you are worried about what the long term effect might be on your life.

Like I said before, I have 4 tattoos, and all of them have a story behind it. When I am old, and my grandkids ask what the ugly faded thing on my back, arms or shoulder is, I have a great story to tell them. If I would have had the same outlook on the future as some of the negative nellies on this board have, I would be terrified of walking out my front door.

I know what the inevitable comeback to my outlook will be, and I can assure you that I have definitely made some dumb decisions in my lifetime. But I learned from them, and they made me the person I am today. Sitting here today, at 38 years of age, I can honestly tell you that I have led a pretty cool life. I have 18 + years in the Air Force, and plan on doing 6 more before I retire. In the time I have been in the military, I have had the opportunity to live all over the world. Every new place I go, I try to experience something different. When I was young, and new in the military, I made a promise to myself to take advantage of every last second of this opportunity I was given. As a result, I have done things that most people only read about. Swimming in a hot spring, while it was snowing like crazy in Montana. Skiing and Snowboarding some of the most incredible mountains in this country while there as well. I partied my ass off in Butte Montana, on St. Patricks Day, because I was off work, and it seemed like a good time. Believe me, it was. I have also celebrated OktoberFest in Germany. I have also explored ancient Turk ruins while living in Turkey, swam around some of them too in the Med. Been to Middle Eastern shopping bazaars and bardered with shopkeepers over stuff that I had no need for, but thought that I should buy, in case I never got back there. I did wind up going back, but it was one less thing I had to check off my list the next time. One of the most treasured memories I will ever have was a trip I did to Bosnia. I met some of the most incredible people there, because I threw caution to the wind, and walked down into one of the villages near where we were operating, and had a cup of coffee with a local. Turned out to be the Mayor of the village. The village turned out to be the site of the worst massacre in Europe since WW2. Potocari. I learned alot that day, and now I can say I am better person for it. Had I worried about the future, I can assure you that I would have never walked away from the confines of my unit. But I felt that it was going to be cool, and it was.

Around 6 years ago, a friend of mine introduced me to the sport of endurance running. I thought he was crazy for even thinking about doing that kind of stuff. But it wasn't until he put it to me in a different way that it made sense why people do these sort of things. When I asked him about what happens if you can't finish one of these runs, which are like marathon distance (26.2 miles) or longer (50.2 miles), and he replied, "Hmm, didn't think about it like that. I guess I only worry about the next step I am taking and l let the race take care of itself." It made too much sense, not only for this, but for life as well. When you worry about what the outcome will be, you wind up missing out on the race. Basically, if you are so worried about the entire race, 50 miles, you will give yourself an ulcer. That is too far to go. But when you look at it by just thinking about the spot where your foot lands next, it really isn't so intimidating.

Sorry for being so longwinded, it is just that this is a topic that really strikes a chord with me. I applaud the OP for expressing the way ST affected her life. It did that for alot of people. I bet that tattoo will be a great reminder to her, for the rest of her life, that even when it is raining and cold out, you can still go out and give it 100%.

"The only way to find the limits of the possible, is by going beyond them into the impossible" Arthur Clarke.

Hey Dan, I know you already made your peace with this topic, but I felt I needed to point something out about the tattoo culture that I think alot of people have missed the boat on.

When you read your above post, I am going to bet that there are alot of things that you have had the chance to do in life, but didn't because you worried about the long term effects. While there is certainly nothing wrong with a little caution in life, you can't let possible life long memories go down the drain, because you are worried about what the long term effect might be on your life.

Like I said before, I have 4 tattoos, and all of them have a story behind it. When I am old, and my grandkids ask what the ugly faded thing on my back, arms or shoulder is, I have a great story to tell them. If I would have had the same outlook on the future as some of the negative nellies on this board have, I would be terrified of walking out my front door.

I know what the inevitable comeback to my outlook will be, and I can assure you that I have definitely made some dumb decisions in my lifetime. But I learned from them, and they made me the person I am today. Sitting here today, at 38 years of age, I can honestly tell you that I have led a pretty cool life. I have 18 + years in the Air Force, and plan on doing 6 more before I retire. In the time I have been in the military, I have had the opportunity to live all over the world. Every new place I go, I try to experience something different. When I was young, and new in the military, I made a promise to myself to take advantage of every last second of this opportunity I was given. As a result, I have done things that most people only read about. Swimming in a hot spring, while it was snowing like crazy in Montana. Skiing and Snowboarding some of the most incredible mountains in this country while there as well. I partied my ass off in Butte Montana, on St. Patricks Day, because I was off work, and it seemed like a good time. Believe me, it was. I have also celebrated OktoberFest in Germany. I have also explored ancient Turk ruins while living in Turkey, swam around some of them too in the Med. Been to Middle Eastern shopping bazaars and bardered with shopkeepers over stuff that I had no need for, but thought that I should buy, in case I never got back there. I did wind up going back, but it was one less thing I had to check off my list the next time. One of the most treasured memories I will ever have was a trip I did to Bosnia. I met some of the most incredible people there, because I threw caution to the wind, and walked down into one of the villages near where we were operating, and had a cup of coffee with a local. Turned out to be the Mayor of the village. The village turned out to be the site of the worst massacre in Europe since WW2. Potocari. I learned alot that day, and now I can say I am better person for it. Had I worried about the future, I can assure you that I would have never walked away from the confines of my unit. But I felt that it was going to be cool, and it was.

Around 6 years ago, a friend of mine introduced me to the sport of endurance running. I thought he was crazy for even thinking about doing that kind of stuff. But it wasn't until he put it to me in a different way that it made sense why people do these sort of things. When I asked him about what happens if you can't finish one of these runs, which are like marathon distance (26.2 miles) or longer (50.2 miles), and he replied, "Hmm, didn't think about it like that. I guess I only worry about the next step I am taking and l let the race take care of itself." It made too much sense, not only for this, but for life as well. When you worry about what the outcome will be, you wind up missing out on the race. Basically, if you are so worried about the entire race, 50 miles, you will give yourself an ulcer. That is too far to go. But when you look at it by just thinking about the spot where your foot lands next, it really isn't so intimidating.

Sorry for being so longwinded, it is just that this is a topic that really strikes a chord with me. I applaud the OP for expressing the way ST affected her life. It did that for alot of people. I bet that tattoo will be a great reminder to her, for the rest of her life, that even when it is raining and cold out, you can still go out and give it 100%.

"The only way to find the limits of the possible, is by going beyond them into the impossible" Arthur Clarke.

thank you for understanding me, and tattoos. i couldn't have written what you wrote any better. it's true, and there are stories behind them. when something affects your life as much as sean did mine, i wanted to honor him and have that story with me for life. he death has made me a better person, living life to the fullest, take risks and chances, and overall do "amy".

:notworthygreat post. thank you.:point2sky

Congrats, it looks awesome. :)

thank you very much.

24/7.

At least he can't "really" hurt anyone up there :D

:) im sure he is having a blast up there. can you imagine everyone up there playing football together? what a game to see. miss him though:(

Archived