Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eating Meat.

DTN Redskin

Just curious considering all the fire that has gone on in California recently regarding their cattle. Does anyone question, refrain, or feel guilty for eating meat? It's just one of those things we just do without thinking about. But thinking about it may give you new perspective on it.

What are everyone's thoughts about eating meat? I cannot deny that I've been thinking about it more than ever. Thanks in advance.

My take on eating meat is that our bodies' are made to digest meat. I knew a couple of all out vegans in high school, and they do not look healthy. Ever since then I have felt no guilt when eating meat. I do, however, try and eat every ounce of meat that is served to me...

I don't really enjoy just a slab of meat like a steak or chicken breast, but I'll eat it in a dish, like steak tacos, for example. I'd much rather eat fish. I know some vegans who look perfectly healthy, actually, one is a personal trainer and is training to be in the UFC. It is what it is.

I don't really enjoy just a slab of meat like a steak or chicken breast, but I'll eat it in a dish, like steak tacos, for example. I'd much rather eat fish. I know some vegans who look perfectly healthy, actually, one is a personal trainer and is training to be in the UFC. It is what it is.

While it is possible to maintain a healthy lifestyle being vegan, it is much more difficult to get the vitamins and nutrients required from meat than other sources of food. Give your trainer credit...

Just curious considering all the fire that has gone on in California recently regarding their cattle. Does anyone question, refrain, or feel guilty for eating meat? It's just one of those things we just do without thinking about. But thinking about it may give you new perspective on it.

What are everyone's thoughts about eating meat? I cannot deny that I've been thinking about it more than ever. Thanks in advance.

Purchase your meat from an Amish market or local butcher. Kind of feel like having a steak for dinner now that you said something.

I've been thinking about it a lot too recently. So my plan tonight is to eat a big, thick, juicy, Angus ribeye steak. Yummy.

i'm vegetarian, and I don't have any problem with people eating meat. Shoot, I have more of a problem with vegans and how they look unhealthy and are more than likely total hipsters who whine all day. If you don't eat meat, you gotta at least eat dairy. I just never understood eating dairy as being cruelty to animals.

Research conducted and explained in the book "The China Study" demonstrates that above animal-based foods in excess of 10% of total calories makes the human body more liable to be unhealthy in a wide variety of ways.

The people who say that vegetarians or vegans appear unhealthy are most likely looking at a poor specimen of humanity or someone whose education regarding diet and nutrition is quite limited.

I always laugh when I hear people make the inference that "all plant" diets lead to poor health and weakness. Ever seen an elephant, rhino, or a water buffalo? Yep, lots of weakness there on those "all plant" diets.

One certainly has to guard against malnutrition, and work a bit harder to select plant foods (like quinoa, amaranth, beans) that have a larger amount of protein.

That said, it doesnt bother me to see anyone else eat meat, or to have a small amount occaisonally for a special treat or event. I eat that way for health reasons, not because I jus wuv da furry lil animals soooo much. If you think about what history tells us, that would appear to be the way people lived prior to the mid 1900's (ie mostly plant based with meat thrown in a couple of times per week).

I live in California and I havent thought twice about at all. There are always risks involved after something like this happens but I am not going to change my life completely around for a "if".

San Diego has pretty much returned to normal from the fires. Some houses are still not rebuilt but we have rebounded.

My take on eating meat is that our bodies' are made to digest meat. I knew a couple of all out vegans in high school, and they do not look healthy. Ever since then I have felt no guilt when eating meat. I do, however, try and eat every ounce of meat that is served to me...

My take is that we are meant to eat meat but no where near the amount of meat we are currently eating. Americans often eat meat twice a day, every day, and sometimes more than that. The meat they eat is also loaded with drugs (because factory farms keep their cattle in so much filth they have to load them with drugs to prevent them from dying too early) and hormones.

Nature never intended this. The healthiest people I know all cut down on the meat consumption.

i'm vegetarian, and I don't have any problem with people eating meat. Shoot, I have more of a problem with vegans and how they look unhealthy and are more than likely total hipsters who whine all day. If you don't eat meat, you gotta at least eat dairy. I just never understood eating dairy as being cruelty to animals.

Dairy and meat are both viewed as cruel by some because of factory farming. They treat animals horribly and get away with all sorts of crap because the government refuses to regulate them properly.

Read up about the egg industry.

Just for the record prepare yourself for some jokes because of the subject of this thread :)

Just don't expect too much originality. :)

Don't eat alot of red meat these days, (stuff is a bit pricey out here), but definitely enjoy a good steak or roast from time to time. Eat plenty of chicken, turkey, and some fish and pork. Dairy is easy. Drink Skim milk and usually it's part of the protein drinks I have twice a day. Not too many eggs, but when I do, it's the egg substitute stuff, (that healthy diet thing).

the reason people think dairy is cruelty because of the conditions the cows live in.they are pumped with hormones tricking their bodies into thinking that it must constantly produce milk.thats just one argument against it.and no im not a crazy peta person

You can buy "Certified Humane Raised & Handled" meat and dairy at a nearby grocer:

http://www.certifiedhumane.org/where.asp

The Certified Humane Raised & Handled Label is a consumer certification and labeling program.When you see the Certified Humane Raised & Handled label it means that an egg, dairy, meat or poultry product has been produced with the welfare of the farm animal in mind. Food products that carry the label are certified to have come from facilities that meet precise, objective standards for farm animal treatment.[/Quote]

Why is this a good thing? Because less stress on the animal means better tasting food on your dinner plate.

The quality of the meat, poultry, egg and dairy products depends, at least in part, on the quality of care farm animals receive. The Certified Humane Raised & Handled program lets consumers choose products from businesses that are providing humane conditions for the animals in their care.[/Quote]

I got back from Bolivia and they eat llama there a very special animal to their culture, and it was good :)

Archived