Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Betts and 1st pick for Boldin

dyounker44

Great trade if portis was made of titanium. Sadly he's not and if he went down all of a sudden Betts would be our bread and butter. Too risky

Not to take anything away from Betts, but running backs are a dime a dozen, especially back ups. Stud WRs are rare. If you can parlay a pick and a backup RB for a stud WR, you do that everytime.

Trading Betts bothers me none, the only hesitation would be the pick, but trading a pick for a proven player in his prime is a good move. The Redskins have had a history of trading picks for unproven players or players nearing the end which is why a lot of Redskins fans are against trading picks. Trading picks for proven players is smart.

Hail,

H

I don't think Clinton Portis is able to sustain an entire season without a solid RB behind him. Let's be honest, CP gets knicked up a lot during the season and even though he typically plays hurt because he's an animal, not having a solid option to replace him worries me.

Look at the teams that compete for the Super Bowl, they always have RB's other than the starter who can contribute day-in and day-out. I think without Betts we wouldn't be as deep and solid offensively, even though we would be adding a top-7 wideout.

I would do it, Betts was average this past year and we have Rock who can do what betts done last year plus we can draft a RB somewhere maybe try to find a gem. I would do this trade since Boldin is stil young and he's proven, kinda beats trying to draft a WR and maybe getting another gardner..

i dont like the trade idea. this league is turning into a 2 back league and betts and portis solidify the run game. boldin is a beast, but we can potentially draft a beast at WR at pic 21 or give Mix a shot (who can POTENTIALLY be a beast as well). vinny did say he was high on mix's ability. i would like to see betts stay.

I have to agree with you. I don't know why folks are so quick to get rid of Betts.

I have to agree with you. I don't know why folks are so quick to get rid of Betts.

Yep, pretty ridiculous. Every week there is a thread on how much Betts sucks. In 06, everybody was screaming to resign Betts. Fickle fans my friend, Fickle. Next it will be Jason and then Smoot, then Los. Who knows, maybe everybody here is secretly a former GM. :doh:

i don't understand some redskins fans. Boldin is YOUNG, and already one of the best WR's in the league. If we trade for him, he helps us now and in the future. Betts probably won't be gone with the length of his contract, but even then you are getting a sure thing for a backup RB who struggled last year and an unknown (besides, at #21 its not like guarteed we will pick a superstar, or even a starter at that)

The problem is, if anything happens to Portis, we are screwed. I like Rock, but hes not a starting NFL running back. If Portis suffers an injury(which he has in the past) without a running game, this team is dead in the water. The passing game and JC are not ready to lead this team to victory on their own.

No chance in hell.

While AZ would love a cheap, versatile, potentially elite power running back--which Betts is....this move could leave us vulnerable.

Without Betts.......we have no proven backup if Portis goes down. On top of that, we will have no pass rush.

Imagine Portis out.....no Betts.....and Rock running the ball 20x a game.

Then imagine us taking the field after our 3 and out, and having no pass rush.

Season over.

Boldin is attractive for sure......that is, as long as JC even has time to get him the ball.....and if JC is good and consistent enough to complete the pass.

I would rather take my chances on Mix or Hackett...or a top WR in the early rounds. Combine that with a first round DE, and we have balance.

Have to look at the big picture people.

Not to take anything away from Betts, but running backs are a dime a dozen, especially back ups. Stud WRs are rare. If you can parlay a pick and a backup RB for a stud WR, you do that everytime.

Trading Betts bothers me none, the only hesitation would be the pick, but trading a pick for a proven player in his prime is a good move. The Redskins have had a history of trading picks for unproven players or players nearing the end which is why a lot of Redskins fans are against trading picks. Trading picks for proven players is smart.

Hail,

H

Oh yeah , dime a dozen. What planet do you live on. Betts took over 2 years ago and was second only to LT in yards per game. The running back touches the ball only less than the center and QB. Maybe we should grab another TJ Duckett and over pay him. Dime a dozen my butt. If Boldin went down we have a few STUDS already. If portis goes down, I love my boy Rock but he's a scat back at best. Further more when a D doesnt respect a back up back they put more heat on the QB and recievers so your stud would be double teamed all day. Hey dont get me wrong if we we knew portis would stay healthy it would make sense. Is betts just a back up..... no.... HAIL

No chance in hell.

While AZ would love a cheap, versatile, potentially elite power running back--which Betts is....this move could leave us vulnerable.

Without Betts.......we have no proven backup if Portis goes down. On top of that, we will have no pass rush.

Season over.

Boldin is attractive for sure......that is, as long as JC even has time to get him the ball.....and if JC is good and consistent enough to complete the pass.

I would rather take my chances on Mix or Hackett...or a top WR in the early rounds. Combine that with a first round DE, and we have balance.

:laugh:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :40oz:

Gold. Comic gold.

Where do I even begin?

No proven back up? Betts had one good season behind a fully healthy O-line, and still didn't get half as many TDs as Portis did while playing injured. I say this because Rock has had several 100 yard games, and since you love to extrapolate the one time Betts did anything really well, I can therefore do the same with Rock.

Imagine Betts running the ball 20 times a game given he has only had one good season, 2 years ago, and can only manage to get in the endzone once or twice a season.

No pass rush? All of a sudden we can't draft a DE in the 2nd or 3rd?

Season over? Because of a back-up? More like your schtick needs to be over.

JC won't have time to get the ball to Boldin, but Betts would somehow be able to run on that line? You do realize JC will have better time with a healthy O-line this season? If JC doesn't have enough time to throw, it means we'll have the same O-line situation as last season, where starters are injured. How did Betts do in that situation?

Yes we do have to look at the big picture, instead of constantly looking out for your man-crush.

Seriously, we can't get rid of a back-up, but who has been one of the biggest supporters of trading CP? You have. You are fine with Betts and Rock, but not CP and Rock. Yup, no bias there at all. :laugh: Thanks for the chuckle.

No chance in hell.

Season over.

So we can't win without Betts????:rolleyes:

Get real we do what every team is starting to do running back by committee. A combination of Rock,Mason,Nemo will do just fine as a back up rotation!

No running game we go to the air like Seattle did to us in the playoffs, you see what the WCO teams do when the running game fails= They air it out!

Archived