Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Betts and 1st pick for Boldin

dyounker44

BMitch and Smokin' were talking about this on 980 today. They were referencing the JLC article and BMitch thought it should be Betts and a 4th. Smokin' thought it would take a higher pick and I agree.

If we sign Hackett, the Boldin deal isn't going to happen. Not sure why the Cards would even consider trading a guy with such a reasonable contract. Although, at some point he will be demanding much more.

:2cents:

Talent? He has put up incredible numbers when he has played, but he has missed games in his career. He'd want a huge contract to at the age of 27 soon to be 28 in October (beginning of the season). I'd rather take my chances on signing Hackett a year younger and at the fraction of the cost and keep Betts and our 1st round pick.

He would want a extended contract upon getting here. We never will develop from within and people wonder why we go no where. We overpaid for Randel El and its showing. I rather us sign Kelly and Sweed and be done with it
Uhhh what?

1- Randel El isn't overpaid at this point. 10 mil guaranteed for what he's proven to offer even in the #2 spot or especially once he gets moved to the slot are worth it, and it's an added bonus when you factor in his character in the locker room.

2- Boldin is likely going to better than either Kelly or Sweed, especially within the next 3 years. You're severely underrating just how good Boldin is, he's a reciever who runs like a FB with the ball in his hands but has the juke moves of a RB in the open field. A total one man wrecking crew and YAC machine.

If the Cardinals seriously would take our 1st and Betts you damn sure pull the trigger on that in a heartbeat, that'd be a HUGE trade for the Skins, on the level of Champ for Portis. The offensive weapons would be set for years, the only thing needed would be to draft youth for the o-line at the guard positions.

BMitch and Smokin' were talking about this on 980 today. They were referencing the JLC article and BMitch thought it should be Betts and a 4th. Smokin' thought it would take a higher pick and I agree.

And once again BMitch looks like an idiot. Betts and a 4th? A 4th? That'd be nice if it were possible sure, but the Cardinals aren't that dumb.

Well, if Boldin is really up for grabs, then Iggles will probably make a run. I believe they were offering Lito Sheppard and a 1st Rounder for Fitzy, they would probably make a very similar deal, maybe Lito and a 2nd rounder. That is the benchmark we would need to beat. Betts and a 1st might do it, but from what I've read, the Cards like Lito and want to add to their defense.

With that in mind, we don't really have any tradable defenders that would fit with their scheme, but we do have Randle EL who played with Whisenhunt before. I think that could be a good fit with what they are trying to do offensively. Plus, with Bryant Johnson leaving in FA and Boldin going in the trade, they could immediately fill a hole at the WR position while saving themselves cap space, adding a first rounder and vital tool to the HC's imagination in the trick play section of the offense.

1st rounder plus Randle El and maybe a 2009 late round pick would be enough to beat our Philly's offer.

I would so do that. In a heartbeat. Edgerrin James is slacking, and Betts could get a big chance to shine.

Betts+2nd Rounder+Late Pick or Pick Next Year? I would rather do that, but if Zona jumped on Betts + 1st rounder, I would GET ON THAT.

For those of you saying we need Betts if Portis goes down, we have no idea what Mason is capable of...

Boldin is 27, BETTER than Fitz, and faster than him too... PERFECT 1st RECIEVER

You fans are funny.What did betts do last year?please tell me.Week 3 i seem to remember he couldnt get in from the 2 yrd line i bet any other running back could.He is not a tough runner.U telling me u would not trade for boldin.Tell me this lets say we use our first and get limas sweed a shot.Is it a guarentee he will do good?No boldin has already proven he is good.And STOP WITH MIX im tired of hearing that.We cannot keep using practice squad players to start.Any other franchise fans would be happy with this.Yall are funny

I would so do that. In a heartbeat. Edgerrin James is slacking, and Betts could get a big chance to shine.

Betts+2nd Rounder+Late Pick or Pick Next Year? I would rather do that, but if Zona jumped on Betts + 1st rounder, I would GET ON THAT.

For those of you saying we need Betts if Portis goes down, we have no idea what Mason is capable of...

Boldin is 27, BETTER than Fitz, and faster than him too... PERFECT 1st RECIEVER

Boldin is not Faster than Fitzy

Boldin ran a 4.70 and a 4.72 at the combine (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FCL/is_7_33/ai_113755043)

Fitzy ran a 4.53 while injured at his combine...his real time is thought to be in the low 4.4's :doh: (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2004/draft/players/46239.html)

Boldin is not Faster than Fitzy

Boldin ran a 4.70 and a 4.72 at the combine (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FCL/is_7_33/ai_113755043)

Fitzy ran a 4.53 while injured at his combine...his real time is thought to be in the low 4.4's :doh: (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2004/draft/players/46239.html)

I remember Boldin got blasted for his 40 time during the combine which caused his draft stock to drop, resulting in him getting drafted in the 2nd round.....We see how that panned out, 31 other teams kicked themselves for banking so much on 40 time

Archived