Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Betts and 1st pick for Boldin

dyounker44

He would want a extended contract upon getting here. We never will develop from within and people wonder why we go no where. We overpaid for Randel El and its showing. I rather us sign Kelly and Sweed and be done with it

Boldin is a bonafide stud WR. Sweed and Kelly are nothing more than potential, studs or busts. I'll take the guaranteed entity anytime.

As much as I love the way Anquan plays the game if you honestly think hes worth Betts and a 1st rounder your somewhat retarded. Think about it, we have been begging for a redzone threat (someone who can run a damn fade) but the the dudes only 6'1 (shorter then cooley). We all love his YAC capability but Moss and ARE are gonna be capable of bigtime YAC in the WCO. We would expect him to be our #1 WR but do you really want your #1 WR having the mentality of a LB consistently seeking contact which brings injuries. Now im not saying I dont want him but not at the price you guys are willing to give up. I would say Bett's, 3rd round and comp pick or ARE and a 2nd but I wouldnt go any further then that. And for all of you who are so anxious to trade Betts because of his poor performance last year you have to take into account the fact that were not payin the guy squat in comparison to other quality backup RB's. Dont forget Arizona is one of the worst managed franchises in all of sports, lets take advantage of that.

There is so much wrong with this logic. Lets begin.

First, you're not retarded if you think this is a good move. Debate101-because someone has a different opinion thank you, doesn't make them any less smarter. You might also want to read the forum rules on that one too. ;)

Second, when you trade for a #1 receiver like Boldin, a 3rd won't do it. Especially when he was drafted in the 2nd round. Also, you can't trade comp picks.

ARE has much more value as a slot receiver, so trading him would be doing damage to us also-whereas Betts is a backup.

Read my post above, the FO has gotten right since Bidwell stepped down from management of the team and let his son be the GM. And many would argue that this has been the worst managed franchise for the last 10 years.

We would be competeing against Philly for Boldin.

They have more room under the cap to pay AQ, and they have a pretty good corner in Lito Shepherd they could throw into any deal. Corners are a lot harder to find than RBs so I would have to give a nod to the Eagles in terms of appeal to Boldin.

Where we have an advantage is at QB. Jason Campbell is likely to be around longer than Donovan McNabb. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I would love to see AQ in a Redskins Uniform. He is definitely worth a 1st round pick as he is better than all of the draftees available at the 21st pick.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I remember what Betts did when he got about 20 carries a game recently, which is nothing. There's a reason we strayed from the split back system after the first few games in '07.

Best to just stop while you are behind.

Obviously you don't remember what happened when Betts got 20 carries a game......because it didn't happen once last season.

The last time 6 times that Betts had 20 carries a game...he averaged:

4.6 ypc

4.4 ypc

5.4 ypc

5.2 ypc

5.4 ypc

4.3 ypc

All better than Portis.

Furthermore, the reason we strayed from a two back system is twofold:

An unbridled man love second only to Brunell.

And we had a coach that was calling double timeouts. Not really a top coach in the league in his second stint.

No sense in arguing about it--you believe that adding a great receiver like Boldin can get us to a Superbowl.

The Cards have Boldin and Fitz. They didn't even make the playoffs. That should clearly demonstrate that isn't the answer.

I believe a real defensive line is five times more important. See the NY Giants.

There is so much wrong with this logic. Lets begin.

First, you're not retarded if you think this is a good move. Debate101-because someone has a different opinion thank you, doesn't make them any less smarter. You might also want to read the forum rules on that one too. ;)

Second, when you trade for a #1 receiver like Boldin, a 3rd won't do it. Especially when he was drafted in the 2nd round. Also, you can't trade comp picks.

ARE has much more value as a slot receiver, so trading him would be doing damage to us also-whereas Betts is a backup.

Read my post above, the FO has gotten right since Bidwell stepped down from management of the team and let his son be the GM. And many would argue that this has been the worst managed franchise for the last 10 years.

Ok where do I start. First you are mentally challenged (let me be more politically correct on your behalf) if you think this would be a smart move. Second, he's not a #1 reciever, hes a #2 behind Fitzgerald (check the depth chart sweet heart) and a POTENTIAL #1 (but since he's only a #2 for ARI they lose value in a trade), 3rd when i mentioned comp pick I was referring to a 2009 comp pick for Boldin performance ( didnt know you were silly enough to question my football I.Q.), 4th name a slot reciever in this league that is worth 10 mil guaranteed (in 06 money), "Also-whereas betts is a backup" check last years superbowl champs and how much depth they had to utilize at the RB position, and I guess Bidwell has gotten it right when he can only sign the best player on his team to a 4 year deal. Good Call.

Ok where do I start. First you are mentally challenged (let me be more politically correct on your behalf) if you think this would be a smart move. Second, he's not a #1 reciever, hes a #2 behind Fitzgerald (check the depth chart sweet heart) and a POTENTIAL #1 (but since he's only a #2 for ARI they lose value in a trade), 3rd when i mentioned comp pick I was referring to a 2009 comp pick for Boldin performance ( didnt know you were silly enough to question my football I.Q.), 4th name a slot reciever in this league that is worth 10 mil guaranteed (in 06 money), "Also-whereas betts is a backup" check last years superbowl champs and how much depth they had to utilize at the RB position, and I guess Bidwell has gotten it right when he can only sign the best player on his team to a 4 year deal. Good Call.

Actually, the Cardinals consider Boldin the better receiver.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Boldin is not a "potential" He is in his 6th season. His potential has flourished as being one of the quickest receivers to 400 receptions in nfl history.

Bidwell's son took over before last season. So I would judge that more in the previous management than current.

You're right on one thing however... Champs do need good depth. However, average to good rbs are very easy to find. Which is what Betts is imo. We have good depth behind him in Cartwright as well as Mason.

holmester, sicne you ignored your fellow member advising you that your "retarded" comment wasn't appropriate, and came back with "mentally challenged" as a response, let me now suggest you make your point without the insult at all. If a poster really does say something truly outlandish, people have a right to get a little colorful with their response. He hasn't and you don't. I suggest you work to learn what flies (and when) on here if you wish to preserve your posting privilege. Listening to more experienced members' advice can help.

Actually, the Cardinals consider Boldin the better receiver.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Boldin is not a "potential" He is in his 6th season. His potential has flourished as being one of the quickest receivers to 400 receptions in nfl history.

Bidwell's son took over before last season. So I would judge that more in the previous management than current.

You're right on one thing however... Champs do need good depth. However, average to good rbs are very easy to find. Which is what Betts is imo. We have good depth behind him in Cartwright as well as Mason.

Profootballtalk.com is written by a former/bitter espn employee with a few sources, he doesnt work for the cards nor does he represent them. Mason looked half decent in a preseason game and if you wanna know how valuable cartwright is look at how many offers he got in free agency.

Profootballtalk.com is written by a former/bitter espn employee with a few sources, he doesnt work for the cards nor does he represent them. Mason looked half decent in a preseason game and if you wanna know how valuable cartwright is look at how many offers he got in free agency.

If you look at my post above, I live in the Phx area, therefore I hear the local sports shows all the time. Boldin is considered the true #1 here. Fitz is considered a true #1, but Boldin is the #1 receiver here. Mainly because of his work ethic and attitude.

Rock was wanting a ridiculous contract, thats why noone wanted him. I think Mason has a shot at getting a #3 rb spot if the position opened.

If you look at my post above, I live in the Phx area, therefore I hear the local sports shows all the time. Boldin is considered the true #1 here. Fitz is considered a true #1, but Boldin is the #1 receiver here. Mainly because of his work ethic and attitude.

Rock was wanting a ridiculous contract, thats why noone wanted him. I think Mason has a shot at getting a #3 rb spot if the position opened.

Understood. But until Boldin makes more the Fitzgerald he's #2.

Best to just stop while you are behind.

Obviously you don't remember what happened when Betts got 20 carries a game......because it didn't happen once last season.

The last time 6 times that Betts had 20 carries a game...he averaged:

4.6 ypc

4.4 ypc

5.4 ypc

5.2 ypc

5.4 ypc

4.3 ypc

All better than Portis.

Furthermore, the reason we strayed from a two back system is twofold:

An unbridled man love second only to Brunell.

And we had a coach that was calling double timeouts. Not really a top coach in the league in his second stint.

No sense in arguing about it--you believe that adding a great receiver like Boldin can get us to a Superbowl.

The Cards have Boldin and Fitz. They didn't even make the playoffs. That should clearly demonstrate that isn't the answer.

I believe a real defensive line is five times more important. See the NY Giants.

First off- find proof that the reason Portis got all the carries over Betts is because of some "man love" that the apparently inept Gibbs had for Portis. If that's going to be the basis of your argument, back it up with something, not just more of your conspiracy theory for your boy.

Second, saying "the Cards have Boldin and Fitz and didn't make the playoffs so obviously that means you don't need them to make it" follows no real logic. That's like me saying "the Vikings had the best rushing attack in the league, the best run defense in the league, and arguably the best RB in Peterson, and they didn't even make the playoffs, so obviously those elements aren't the answer."

The Cardinals don't make the playoffs because of their defense and their lack of a real running game. The Redskins have a very good defense, and a very good running game led by your boy Clinton Portis that you're representing so well in your signature.

And you also conveniently ignored the fact that there are often times plenty of Pro Bowl and All Pro d-line talent to be found in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft.

The bottom line is you just don't want Betts to be traded at any cost because then you'd have to become a Cardinals fan.

the economics of the situation are such that the Redskins are tied to Portis for some time to come and that's a fact that has to be recognized. He is a pro bowl caliber performer when he is close to 100% and is 26 years old.

Betts is 29 years old and carries a much lower cap number. He is a guy that could do well as a starter if Portis gets hurt and misses a series of games, but he is NOT a guy that is going to come in and provide instant offense as a change of pace back.

We saw that last year. Betts comes in and needs reps on the field to warm up.

Those that are holding out hope he is going to be a Michael Turner type player that comes in off the bench and immediately produces runs and catches are apt to continue being disappointed.

That said, I read one poster on here who perhaps in a joke suggested trading Betts, our #1 pick and most of our second day picks as well for Boldin.

Why not just do what Ditka did and trade a team's immediate future for one player who may get hurt or fail to perform at a stellar level? :rolleyes:

A lot of fans still don't understand that it takes a 53 man roster to make things go in the NFL over 16 games. That means not only quality starters but depth as well.

Those who continue to press these 4 or 5 for 1 trades where we then sign a player to a $15M plus bonus don't understand that.

It takes more than 4 or 5 recognizable performers to win in the NFL.

Don't mind seeing Betts in there, but I would not trade away our first round pick, sorry. Certainly not both, Boldin isn't THAT good. I know he's a beast, but I feel like our draft this year is VERY important on both sides of the ball. I hope they find another way.

the economics of the situation are such that the Redskins are tied to Portis for some time to come and that's a fact that has to be recognized. He is a pro bowl caliber performer when he is close to 100% and is 26 years old.

Betts is 29 years old and carries a much lower cap number. He is a guy that could do well as a starter if Portis gets hurt and misses a series of games, but he is NOT a guy that is going to come in and provide instant offense as a change of pace back.

We saw that last year. Betts comes in and needs reps on the field to warm up.

Those that are holding out hope he is going to be a Michael Turner type player that comes in off the bench and immediately produces runs and catches are apt to continue being disappointed.

That said, I read one poster on here who perhaps in a joke suggested trading Betts, our #1 pick and most of our second day picks as well for Boldin.

Why not just do what Ditka did and trade a team's immediate future for one player who may get hurt or fail to perform at a stellar level? :rolleyes:

A lot of fans still don't understand that it takes a 53 man roster to make things go in the NFL over 16 games. That means not only quality starters but depth as well.

Those who continue to press these 4 or 5 for 1 trades where we then sign a player to a $15M plus bonus don't understand that.

It takes more than 4 or 5 recognizable performers to win in the NFL.

but we don't have quality starters at WR. We have no one like Boldin on our team at WR. He is one of the toughest WRs in the NFL. Giving up the farm like Ditka is nuts but thats not what its going to take.

Boldin is not Faster than Fitzy

Boldin ran a 4.70 and a 4.72 at the combine (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FCL/is_7_33/ai_113755043)

Fitzy ran a 4.53 while injured at his combine...his real time is thought to be in the low 4.4's :doh: (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2004/draft/players/46239.html)

fitz is faster but you're using combine numbers from a handful of years ago

Important question for those who like this idea.....

Where do you then get the 1st Round Pick we need to upgrade the DE position, which is a considerably bigger problem than any offensive position at this point?

I don't see us going DE 1st round. The big guys will already be gone, I think that we'll wait till 2nd or 3rd and try to get a good deal.

I would do this if it was our 1st rd pick & Betts for Boldin and their 3rd rd pick.

That would be great IMO. I don't like the talent so much in the first round, but we could get some real value in the 3rd. I seriously doubt arizona would do this though.

Archived