Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone own a Dodge Charger?

lovetoaster

Should Bonds' asterisk ball be displayed in the hall?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bonds' asterisk ball be displayed in the hall?

• Yes
    • No

I am probably going to buy one today and was just looking for some last minute input. I currently have a POS Chevy Malibu and I have been needing to get rid of it for a while now. Today might be the day.

I found a lightly used Charger (around 10,000 miles) that has an 8 yr., 80,000 mile powertrain warranty since it is a certified used vehicle. And that warranty is a big deal to me after the stuff I have been through with the 'ol Malibu.

It is the size of vehicle I am looking for, it has more than enough power and it gets good gas mileage. The few people that I know that have them love them, but I figured I would throw this out there on the board.

Any thoughts?

I think it's the Charger, but a 17 year old kid I work with bought one.

I get in, asked him where the traction control button is, he asked why, I hit the button, dropped the clutch and smoked the place out with that sick ass 6.0L.

That kid had no idea what that car could do. :)

I would avoid it if your looking at the new ones, consumer reports and JD power said it has poor reliability and poor crash test results without the optional side airbags.

-Grant

The same Consumer Reports that claims the Toyota Rav4 is the most fuel-efficient non-hybrid SUV on the market while completly ignoring that the Jeep Patriot IS better as far as MPG?

The same same consumer reports that compares every vehicle regardless of its intended use to the toyota camry?

I have a Magnum which is basically the wagon version of the Charger. Going on 3 years and my car has been perfect. I love it. The 5.7 hemi is a great option IMO. Lots of space, good looking, RWD American car-what's not to like?

As for the consumer reports/JD power ratings, I'm skeptical. JD powers' ratings do "problems per 100 vehicles." So if one vehicle has a broken sun visor clip and the other has a broken transmission-both vehicles have "1 problem." And consumer reports is on crack. All they do is list their cars in order from Japanese to American. I recently read where the Magnum and the Charger had wildly different reliability ratings-except they are the for the most part the same damn car. For the Magnum, the V-6 had 20 points better reliability than the V-8. For the Charger the V-8 rated 20 points better than the V-6. These are the same engines. I used to love CS but it's kind of hard to put trust in results like that.

I work on and off at a Corvette dealership mainly to help my father out.

About 6 months ago we got in the Super Bee SRT-8 Charger and I took it out to see what it was like. It was a very nice car that was comfortable, looked great, and had a real nice punch. I think it's got a little more than 400 horse (SRT-8) so it could defenitely be a fun car. The car only had around 600 miles on it when I drove it. If it wasn't so expensive I would have loved to have bought it.

120px-SA550140.JPG120px-SA550143.JPG Example pictures from wikipedia, not the one I drove. But it was essentially the same car. It was a great time.

I want a Dodge Magnum, SXT i think is the sport package. I want it sooooo badly. I love the Magnum b/c I used to be an undertaker a t a cemetry way back when, and the Magnum reminds me of a herse. Any dealers have one on the lot maybe a year or two or three old?

I want a Dodge Magnum, SXT i think is the sport package. I want it sooooo badly. I love the Magnum b/c I used to be an undertaker a t a cemetry way back when, and the Magnum reminds me of a herse. Any dealers have one on the lot maybe a year or two or three old?

PM me.

I can help you. My family has a Dodge dealership in Richmond. PM me.

As far as the Charger goes, I have driven several and enjoyed them all. They are a great road trip car! Get a burgundy Hemi R/T with tan leather and you will be pimpin'.

Check our inventory.

I think it's the Charger, but a 17 year old kid I work with bought one.

I get in, asked him where the traction control button is, he asked why, I hit the button, dropped the clutch and smoked the place out with that sick ass 6.0L.

That kid had no idea what that car could do. :)

Sir, I hope you and that individual are like brothers. Otherwise I would be mighty upset if someone were to disrepect my vehicle the way you did.

Though I can't say anything about a Charger since I've never been in one, I would like to add to the convo about the mileage estimates some have mentioned.

As I'm sure most of you know the EPA estimates have changed this year as they are more strict on vehicles that were advertised with an inflated EPA mileage estimate. The new estimates reflect more "real world" driving. Since I'm in the market for a new car as well I found the website www.fueleconomy.gov to be very helpful in my decision. Not only do they have the old vs new EPA estimates, drivers can sign up and add in their own mileage readings as well, so you can see the averages for a number of drivers of a specific car.

The same Consumer Reports that claims the Toyota Rav4 is the most fuel-efficient non-hybrid SUV on the market while completly ignoring that the Jeep Patriot IS better as far as MPG?

The same same consumer reports that compares every vehicle regardless of its intended use to the toyota camry?

According to the website, the RAV4 does in fact get slightly better mileage in EPA estimates as well as reports by real-world drivers (when you do a side-by-side comparison of an '08 Patriot and '08 RAV4 both with 2.4L engines... but when you look at each of them separately the Patriot looks better on paper :whoknows: ). But its noteworthy that the two vehicles come with different engine packages (Patriot comes in 2.0/2.4L and the RAV4 comes 2.4/3.0L) so the averages for all available trims of a model will be skewed anyway.

I personally don't tend to bother with the non-government online "experts". I lost respect when they said the Car of the Year was a first-year model Chrysler 300 that ended up having a great number of problems with the transmission and consumers reporting it pulling to the side at higher speeds. The only way Chrysler can stay in the market is by selling novelty cars with alot of hype (see: PT Cruiser, Prowler, 300, etc).

Dude, you're 28, how far back can way back when be?

Archived