Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You guys wanted this, now you got it!!

#21Taylor4Ever

Im not saying I wanted us to go buckwild in free agency, but this is friggin ridiculous! Everyone in our division is making some noise(outside the defending SB champs) and we're just sitting around twiddling our thumbs. Now I've never been a fan of "buying a sb ring", but I'm also not a fan of not filling any holes. Maybe I'm overreacting a bit, but by the time Vinny lets the market settle, ALL the worthwhile players will be in new homes and new teams and we'll be going into the 08-09 season with ARE as our #2 WR and Phillip Daniels as our starting DE.

I am literally shocked that the ONLY moves we've made are signing Collins and Suisham(who all but cost us the playoff game versus the Sea****s).

Are we really looking at the highlight of the free agency period being Javon Walker and his 1.5 knees? And now I hear rumors of a Lito for Fitz deal.

Maybe this is just the case of High Life talking(dont talk **** it's only $4.99/6 pack), but I am a bit worried that our FO thinks the way to fix our OLine, DE, CB, WR issues lay at pick #21 and so on.

I know right. So many people saying to build through the draft, and when we do, they complain about players in their first year not being pro bowl status. Then, when we decide not to be active in free agency, people complain about us not being active, and teams are gonna surpass us, talent wise. It's ridiculous.

What happened in the past when we went out and tried to buy a title? It backfired. Stop whining just because you want to see redskin breaking news. No one out there deserves the money they are getting. This is a chance to build our team and grow with the draft and have money in the future to reward our own for playing well. Look at the past 5 super bowl champions and tell me if ANY one of them went crazy in free agency.

It's only been one day and you are desperate already, come on.

Before the beginning of the season, I made a list of priorities for this season and which would be the best ways to fill the holes.

1. Defensive End (young starter)

2. Wide Receiver (#2/#3 receiver)

3. Backup O-lineman (young, through draft)

4. Backup CB (nickel back until Rogers comes back)

5. Penetrating DT (draft or cheap FA)

Therefore, considering we have our first three picks we could definitely fill three of these needs through the draft and the other two through cheap, young free agents (Hackett, or a backup CB (I wouldn't have paid $12 guaranteed for Florence)).

I think our approach has been really good so far and you got to remember it's only been one day in FA!

I agree, made a similiar post like this yesterday. They go from the ultra-aggressive in FA to non-existent in 1 year?

People get a clue, you need free agents to fix up holes and fill depth. We are not asking them to go out and spend and fire up redskins 1 to get the top line guys, but maybe 1 or 2 semi level pros

What would we pay the FA's with? Burgers from Johnny Rockets?

Vinny will go bargain shopping in a few weeks when the other teams have paid outlandish prices for mediocre players(sound familiar?). He might throw in a 6th or 7th round pick for some decent trades also.

We have just been too accustomed to drooling at the start of free agency. kinda like the Pavlovian Response condition. We will respond this way for 2-3 more years and not know why.

I agree, made a similiar post like this yesterday. They go from the ultra-aggressive in FA to non-existent in 1 year?

People get a clue, you need free agents to fix up holes and fill depth. We are not asking them to go out and spend and fire up redskins 1 to get the top line guys, but maybe 1 or 2 semi level pros

out of the FA's that has been signed. who would you have wanted ?

I like the approach so far as well. I do have to admit that this site is not as exciting when the team isn't bringing in big names and getting everyone excited.

If they eventually go out and bring in one or two reasonably priced guys I will be happy. Backup QB appears to be their number one priority so far and they executed. I am betting the team thinks the draft is deep in defensive lineman and can fill some needed positions on day one of the draft. Interior linemen can be found with 3rd round and lower picks.

I also like that they have not given up the bank to bring in C. Johnson. Our biggest problem is the play of our QB. If we can get another #2/#3 WR and JC steps his game up we will win some games next year.

I like that the team is going to use the draft to address the line. The FA Dline players are going to command big money that we could use elsewhere.

Like some of you I am impatient and want to see some action. I just have to keep hitting myself in the head and remember to stick to the plan.

Exactly what holes need to be filled with starters? We are looking for depth with maybe an additional starting wideout. I don't get why people are complaining about not going after big-name-so-and-so, especially when their price tags are going to be astronomical, and then watch them fail as they so often have in the past.

i agree i didnt want to throw HUGE money around but throwing non at all??? we got Fletcher last year on the first or second day. With To in dallas, Plex in NY and possibly Fitz in Philly, we are gonna be so screwed. Our secondary is suffering right now. Old Springs, majorly hurt Carlos, always banged up Smoot, questionable starter in Reed. Landry can't play all 4 DB positions.

You are right i DO want to see some redskins breaking news. but just because it happens on day 1 or 2 doesnt mean we have to break the bank.

LB - DeMerriro Williams - Atlanta

S - Michael Huff - Oakland (trade)

DT - DWayne Robertson (trade)

the above the we REALLY need to take a big consideration into getting with the possibilty of Fitz and Walker now in the NFC East. If we don't get some help on D we are gonna be screwed. Personally if we don't i hope we get our asses handed to us so the FO can see how ONCE AGAIN we screwed up in free agency!!

The first days in the FA period are not the fill holes period

I think what he's trying to say guys is that NOTHING is happening....last year we had a "quiet" offseason but we still were signing some key players...Smoot and Fletcher...i agree with him, I'd like to see us sign someone of worth right now. No overpaying for a HUGE name just a couple solid signs.

This was to be expected and there is still a slim chance we go after Stroud. Doesn't really bother me. I think Zorn wants to see what he has to work with and start putting his stamp on the team. Big personnel changes are possible heading into the 2009-2010 season. We should have some decent cap room by then.

out of the FA's that has been signed. who would you have wanted ?

Ernest Wilford

Kawika Mitchell

Drayton Florence

Marcus Stroudt (trade)

Shaun Rogers (trade)

Corey Williams (trade)

we were 9-7 last year with a TON of injuries and still made the playoffs. we are a few positions away from being a threat. we aren't THAT far off. its not like we need to rebuild the entire team.

I know right. So many people saying to build through the draft, and when we do, they complain about players in their first year not being pro bowl status. Then, when we decide not to be active in free agency, people complain about us not being active, and teams are gonna surpass us, talent wise. It's ridiculous.

I know. :laugh:

The F.O. can't win with them. The whiners on this board just simply want to complain no matter what Cerrato does.

I think what he's trying to say guys is that NOTHING is happening....last year we had a "quiet" offseason but we still were signing some key players...Smoot and Fletcher...i agree with him, I'd like to see us sign someone of worth right now. No overpaying for a HUGE name just a couple solid signs.

Flecther was sign Mar 3rd last year & Smoot Mar 4th. They waited a few days last year and got a few good ones

I guess people want the team to pick someone so that they can complain about them getting him and to call Vinny a liar but I happen to like his strategy.If you notice, there have not been a lot of activity this year in the FA market and it is probably because the talent is not there . Vinny said he was not going to rush to overpay players that aren't worth it and that is exactly what he is doing.

I think that he will make a move or two but I think that he will do it at the right time.

Archived