Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You guys wanted this, now you got it!!

#21Taylor4Ever

I wish we could have traded for Stroud. Buffalo just did, however.

Stroud is worth at least a 3rd round pick, and that would have been a pick well spent.

I'm going to trust Zorn and Vinny. I think they know what they are doing.

Stroud went for "

In exchange, the Bills gave up an undisclosed number of draft picks."

plus Stroud is scheduled to make $16.5 million in base salary over the final three years of his contract.

He has missed 12 games over the last 2 seasons plus Stroud also served a four-game NFL suspension for violating the league's steroids and related substances policy.

I think might be too much for him, IMHO

I am worried that you cannot see the point I've made. Before you post another reply full of insults and nothing constructive, go back and read what I said again.

There's one of you guys in every thread....:doh:

I don't try to be constructive toward your type.

People like you who do nothing but complain and ***** all the time (I refer to you as the "peanut gallery") have done nothing but RUIN this board.

You've made no point. You are just whining that we aren't active enough in FA this year. Next year, you'll be complaining that we are too active.

Just like you stomp your feet to keep our draft picks, but come the season, you'll be complaning that the team has too many green rookies that aren't ready to step up. :laugh:

As I said, the FO can't win.

So...do we want to build through the draft or not? I'm confused. I thought this was the sort of thing we've been asking for.

It is what many on this board have been asking for.

Until it actually happens. :)

Now they want us to sign and trade for a bunch of FAs, to hell with the draft.

At least untilthe draft gets here... then they'll be wondering why the heck that stupid FO gave away all the draft picks. :laugh:

You can set your watch by the peanut gallery on this board. :doh:

Ya there is a difference between binging in FA and being smart in FA and bringin in underrated guys that maybe relatively cheap.

What people want here, is that we dont use FA excessively and build our core thru FA. Use the draft for that and complement that with FA. We have a relatively full draft this year and a couple of signings in the next upcoming weeks may prove that this was a successful offseason

This is true and with this thinking we should give it time before we start getting upset about what we have not done thusfar in the market. There are a lot of players left who can fill holes but the players that has been signed so far has cost their new teams a lot of money...money that we do not have to waste.

It is what many on this board have been asking for.

Until it actually happens. :)

Now they want us to sign and trade for a bunch of FAs, to hell with the draft.

At least untilthe draft gets here... then they'll be wondering why the heck that stupid FO gave away all the draft picks. :laugh:

You can set your watch by the peanut gallery on this board. :doh:

So I've noticed. My stance is stationary. Use that draft to our advantage and skip the hype.

Maybe I'm overreacting a bit

That's about the only thing I agree with in this thread.

This team doesn't need any big starters. We don't need a starting tackle, wr, etc. We need depth. For the money that is being thrown out to a lot of average players out there, you don't pay that kind of money for depth. In 2-3 years, you will find that a lot of these average players that are getting big contracts will be getting released (similar to how Lloyd, Brunell etc are going with us).

Where have you been these past 4 years? Every year we make a big cannonball splash in the player pool, then halfway through the season everyone is screaming "Bust!" after a training camp and preseason where everyone is saying we are going to the Superbowl.

I'd rather draft busts then sign big over-inflated busts.

Your post sounds personal... you taking the exsistence of these players on the Redskins personally? :laugh:

You shouldn't.

And I know I am going to trust an NFL coach's view more than some anomynous internet poster.

You and the other whiners on this board are ****ing, whether you like the term or not.

You are probably part of the same group that ****es even after the Redskins win their game on Sunday afternoon.

There is no pleasing you.

#1 - There is NO more hardcore a Redskins' fan then me, so your comments are not only completely asinine but comical.

#2 - I cannot believe that as long as this thread's been up, you STILL refer to my post as ****ing. Maybe it's ADHD, so I wont poke fun. I wont explain AGAIN why I've posted those comments, but maybe in another hour you'll figure it out.

#3 - You know what they say about those who assume.

Im still waiting for something constructive from you, but maybe I'm trying to get blood from a turnip. You have yet to explain how we fill those voids. All you can say is *****, whine, ****es, and whiners.

I think ES should make another rule for the members of this board:

BEFORE posting your opinions and comments, you must FIRST read and UNDERSTAND what the OP is saying.

You guys come on here and act like I'm saying sign Moss, Suggs, Turner, Kearse, etc, etc and wish for the best. If that's what you got from my post, Im worried about you.

Not even 2 whole weeks ago we were ALL on here wanting guys like Berrian, Smith, possibly Samuels (who just signed for a fairly inexpensive contract), Wilford, etc. Now everyone's saying "chill out", "lay back", "build through the draft", "you're ****ing/whining/blah blah blah."

Its very simple actually. We have two picks where we can possibly find two starters, the 1st and the 2nd round picks. After that we still have 2 positions in which we have major problems. If we draft Sweed and a DE, then we still need OLine and CB.

This thread is not about whining, ****ing, or whatever else that moron said, it's about finding some answers via free agency AND via the draft. It may only be 2 days into the free agent period, but look at how many of our targets are now gone.

Some of you are ridiculous. Everyone complains because we overpay in free agency and don't value our own players as much as we should. Most everyone wants us to keep all the draft picks, build the team through the draft. And now that you all get what you want, and the team isn't trading away picks for players or signing big players to big contracts, you guys complain because you are "bored." No matter what the organization does, some of you are going to cry your eyes out and hold your breathe until your face turns blue. How can you all think your complaints are legitimate criticism when you allow no favoirable outcome?

Some of you are ridiculous. Everyone complains because we overpay in free agency and don't value our own players as much as we should. Most everyone wants us to keep all the draft picks, build the team through the draft. And now that you all get what you want, and the team isn't trading away picks for players or signing big players to big contracts, you guys complain because you are "bored." No matter what the organization does, some of you are going to cry your eyes out and hold your breathe until your face turns blue. How can you all think your complaints are legitimate criticism when you allow no favoirable outcome?

Here lies another guy who didn't read nor understand any of the MANY posts in this thread.

NO ONE said we're bored!

NO ONE said pay large amounts of money for FAs!

NO ONE said trade away picks for FAs!

Because we can't find a receiver and an End in the draft? :doh: Dude, there are a number of quality Ends and Receivers in the draft from what I can tell. I think that the draft will be weak in the areas of quarterbacks, O linemen, and maybe running back, but it looks to be fairly heavy in quality D linemen, DB's, and Receivers. I think that we'll be okay. We've got a pretty full draft ahead of us. **** free agency. It doesn't help you. Youth and depth is what helps you win, not to mention a quality quarterback which I believe we have.

HTTR

I think ES should make another rule for the members of this board:

BEFORE posting your opinions and comments, you must FIRST read and UNDERSTAND what the OP is saying.

You guys come on here and act like I'm saying sign Moss, Suggs, Turner, Kearse, etc, etc and wish for the best. If that's what you got from my post, Im worried about you.

Not even 2 whole weeks ago we were ALL on here wanting guys like Berrian, Smith, possibly Samuels (who just signed for a fairly inexpensive contract), Wilford, etc. Now everyone's saying "chill out", "lay back", "build through the draft", "you're ****ing/whining/blah blah blah."

Its very simple actually. We have two picks where we can possibly find two starters, the 1st and the 2nd round picks. After that we still have 2 positions in which we have major problems. If we draft Sweed and a DE, then we still need OLine and CB.

This thread is not about whining, ****ing, or whatever else that moron said, it's about finding some answers via free agency AND via the draft. It may only be 2 days into the free agent period, but look at how many of our targets are now gone.

just wondering out of the FA DE,WR,CB & OL that has been signed so far, who would you have signed ?

just wondering out of the FA DE,WR,CB & OL that has been signed so far, who would you have signed ?

I would've signed Florence, Wilford, and POSSIBLY Justin Smith. If Odom is available, then I like him too.

We could've signed Florence and Wilford for chump change, Smith obviously got a big contract from the 9ers so he would've been tough. But at the very least I'd have Florence and Wilford in burgundy and gold by now. Two major issues resolved with the stroke of a pen. Then we draft DE and OLine in rounds 1 and 2.

Hmm...A day and a half of free agency has passed, and some people are going into immediate panic mode. Why does this NOT surprise me.

Stay the course, Vinny...let these anxiety-driven fans twitch in front of their monitors and proclaim failure at every turn.

Why does it not suprise me that YET ANOTHER poster didnt read, just posted based on the thread title. :doh:

2 days into free agency and most of the worthwhile FAs are gone.

Because we can't find a receiver and an End in the draft? :doh: Dude, there are a number of quality Ends and Receivers in the draft from what I can tell. I think that the draft will be weak in the areas of quarterbacks, O linemen, and maybe running back, but it looks to be fairly heavy in quality D linemen, DB's, and Receivers. I think that we'll be okay. We've got a pretty full draft ahead of us. **** free agency. It doesn't help you. Youth and depth is what helps you win, not to mention a quality quarterback which I believe we have.

HTTR

Sure we can find a DE and WR in the draft, but we have FOUR AREAS that need to be addressed.

Here lies another guy who didn't read nor understand any of the MANY posts in this thread.

NO ONE said we're bored!

NO ONE said pay large amounts of money for FAs!

NO ONE said trade away picks for FAs!

Uh, no I read them, and that is why I addressed the posters in this thread, and on the board, who have been complaining about how quiet we have been. There have been people in this thread expressing "boredom" or dissatisfaction with us being quiet. What I said was absolutely true, some people on here are going to complain no matter what the FO does.

If you think no one said they were bored, maybe you need to go back and read through this thread, because it was said.

Of course nobody said pay large amounts of money for a FA, way to miss the point. People on here, and elsewhere on the board, have said they don't like us being this quiet, and normally when we aren't we give out big contracts, which is the example I used to back why being quiet is a good thing.

Actually, I have seen a bit of the resentment already that the Skins didn't use a 3rd and 5th for a DT, even to the point where one poster was complaining in ATN that Robertson is the only good one left now, and that meant we had to have him.

If you weren't complaining, than what was the purpose of this thread?

Archived