Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You guys wanted this, now you got it!!

#21Taylor4Ever

There wasn't really anybody really worth getting.

Seriously though, look at the guys who made noise. The Browns, the Lions, the Vikings, the 49ers, the Bills, and the Jets. Are they really ... really franchises you want us to model after? See, cause I'm kinda more partial towards in organization like the Colts, where they find gems EVERYWHERE in the draft, and are always young, with the occasional free agent here and there.

That's just me though ...

Is this your thread or not? lol...And my post dealt with the idea that many of us weren't "getting" the point of this thread...which was started by you...so explain to me again exactly why I should NOT "single you out"?

I feel like a teacher. :laugh: You attempted to say that I was the ONLY person with these views, therefor you were trying to imply that everyone in this thread agreed with you and I was flying solo. ONLY = SINGLE = single me out. Get it?

All you did was prove my point again (that you "diminished any free agents that could still be signed after this weekend as pretty much mediocre and of little value."). I didn't need you to do that, but thanks just the same.

If you cant see the remaining FAs are less valuable then those already signed, I cant help you anymore.

Yeah, I guess I misread how you were "worried" that the "our FO thinks the way to fix our OLine, DE, CB, WR issues" can be thru the draft...or how you felt it would be impossible for us to find a #2 receiver or a starting DE in the first two rounds. Remember? You said that if we didn't address these areas in free agency, Randle El would be our #2 receiver and Daniels would be our starting DE. Any of that ring a bell? Any of it at all?

I can honestly say now that you are completely confused. YOU said I made a statement that we will not help our team through the draft at all, which I obviously did not say. I said that we have two major picks in rounds 1 and 2 that will help us right away, therefor we should try to help ourselves via free agency. :doh: How can you continue to be so confused?

Yeah, calling Suisham our "weak-legged kicker" isn't ridiculing him in the slightest.

It's the truth. Move on.

The idea in your deluded mind that by signing Collins we have somehow delayed signing anyone else is ludicrious.

And secondly, if you weren't ridiculing their signing, you wouldn't have said you were "literally shocked" at their signings...you would have said you were happy. Unless of course you were NOT happy...in which case you WERE ridiculing the Skins' FO for re-signing two players you felt should NOT have been signed and doing so before other players you felt SHOULD have been signed.

Man you're stupid. Hahahaha! We concentrated our initial moves on our back up QB and our weak legged kicker, so yes, while we were doing that other teams were signing players we could've used. I mean seriously man, do you really think Collins is more important then a DE or a #2 WR? Wake up kiddo.

I can go back and literally count the number of posts that were calling you out and compare them to the number of posts that agreed with you, and I'd bet you a billion dollars my statement about the MAJORITY was dead-on accurate. I may even do it just to shut your dumb ass up.

When you get that number, report back to me. You'd bet an entire billion dollars huh? That definitely makes your comment more valid. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hmm...show me the post in which I argued against that. I'll wait.

You've been arguing with me for the past 2 hours or so...lol, and since my point was FA + Draft = success, you don't have to wait any longer.

You should apologize for acting like a 12 year old girl experiencing her first period when people disagree with you instead.

Online insults are just that. I just chalk this one up to you being from Cali, either that or you're just running out of thoughtless posts.

At what point did I say I didn't like the way the thread started "does things"? I'm just unwilling to allow ANY poster to start a thread with extremes and ****ing, and then start playing the victim or insulting everyone as not being smart enough to understand his "point". Too many around here do this...

I'm sorry if you feel there are numerous ways of interpreting "This is ridiculous!! we're just sitting around twiddling our thumbs!! We're not filling any holes, and will NOT fill any!! All the worthwhile players will be gone!! And it bothers me that Vinny thinks we can fill holes thru the draft!!". I don't.

You did not say that you don't like the way the OP "does things" verbatim...my statement was in response to the following comment you made and to a greater degree the overall attitude you have portrayed in this thread.

"You should apologize for acting like a 12 year old girl experiencing her first period when people disagree with you instead."

You then seem to suggest that you are unwilling to allow a poster to deviate from your ideals as if you are somehow the authority on what others should think and express. In addition, I feel that the quote attributed to you above is insulting not to mention that you yourself used the talking point that people who did not agree with your perspective lacked intelligence in the following excerpt:

"There is no way anyone of any intelligence could interpret it any other way. "

As I stated previously, I do not agree with everything the OP said in reference to the assertion that we will not fill holes through the draft (if he did say this) but I cannot underscore the fact that it is a fallacy to think that we can rely on the draft alone to fill the gaps that we have at this time.

I feel like a teacher. :laugh: You attempted to say that I was the ONLY person with these views, therefor you were trying to imply that everyone in this thread agreed with you and I was flying solo. ONLY = SINGLE = single me out. Get it?

Where in the world did I even SLIGHTLY convey that opinion? Seriously...don't paraphrase me, quote me. Show me. Hell, show everyone where I said you were alone in your thoughts and viewpoints and were "flying solo". Again, I'll wait.

If you can't quote me, then drop it as a lost argument.

If you cant see the remaining FAs are less valuable then those already signed, I cant help you anymore.

Notice I did not say "less valuable"...what was it I said? Oh yeah: "mediocre and of little value". "Less valuable" means there needs to be someone for that player to be compared to. "Of little value" means that player needs no one to be compared to...their low value speaks for itself.

Since reading comprehension isn't your strong point, allow me to make an example:

Smoot=less value than Samuels, but still a valuable addition to the roster.

Ade Jimoh=little value, regardless of who he's compared to.

I can honestly say now that you are completely confused. YOU said I made a statement that we will not help our team through the draft at all, which I obviously did not say. I said that we have two major picks in rounds 1 and 2 that will help us right away, therefor we should try to help ourselves via free agency. :doh: How can you continue to be so confused?

In your original post (which, if you had been paying attention, was what I was referring to in these last several responses), you said, and I quote:

"I am a bit worried that our FO thinks the way to fix our OLine, DE, CB, WR issues lay at pick #21 and so on."

Later, you said "I said that we have two major picks in rounds 1 and 2 that will help us right away."

Anyone see these two statements as contradictory? I know I do. (and I know you do not lol).

"Pick #21 and so on" is the draft. So you're worried--excuse me, a "bit" worred--that anyone in the Skins' FO thinks our holes can be address in the draft. And to be more precise, pick #21 is in the first round...so you were indeed saying you were worried that Vinny felt he could fill any of the holes in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Are you able to follow it now?

It's the truth. Move on.

You ridicule one of our re-signed players right after saying you never ridiculed our resigned players lol :doh:...No wonder you're confused by my posts. You can't even keep your own thoughts straight.

Man you're stupid. Hahahaha! We concentrated our initial moves on our back up QB and our weak legged kicker, so yes, while we were doing that other teams were signing players we could've used. I mean seriously man, do you really think Collins is more important then a DE or a #2 WR? Wake up kiddo.

Please don't tell me that you think Vinny and Snyder didn't plan ANYTHING concerning the players already on our team until 12:01 Thursday night. Or that Snyder and Vinny can in no way multi-task and handle several issues simultaneously. I mean, I'm guessing you can't...but you HAVE to know that others can, right?

When you get that number, report back to me. You'd bet an entire billion dollars huh? That definitely makes your comment more valid. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No, it's just a take off on a Seinfeld bit, to be honest lol...but here are the numbers:

27 posters who used the words "complaining", "****ing", "calm down", "chill out", "whining", and numerous other synonyms. These are not the posters who merely disagreed with you...they are the ones that felt you were, shall we say, "overreacting". You said there were "2 or 3", I believe. Your gift of perception is amazing, I must tell ya.

The number who agreed with you and felt you were NOT overreacting was--drumroll, please--eight.

Let me know if you need the names as well...I have them, but felt it more appropriate to leave them out of our debate. But if you doubt me and want me to include them, I'll be happy to once again prove you wrong.

You've been arguing with me for the past 2 hours or so...lol, and since my point was FA + Draft = success, you don't have to wait any longer.

Wow...yet another variation of "you're right". Bravo! :applause:

Online insults are just that. I just chalk this one up to you being from Cali, either that or you're just running out of thoughtless posts.

Nah, just following suit. I saw all the insults you leveled at me and others, so I felt you probably enjoyed that type of retort.

Where in the world did I even SLIGHTLY convey that opinion? Seriously...don't paraphrase me, quote me. Show me. Hell, show everyone where I said you were alone in your thoughts and viewpoints and were "flying solo". Again, I'll wait.

If you can't quote me, then drop it as a lost argument.

If you dont remember what you've said, then why should I go back and retrace your foolishness? You said, in not so many words, that EVERYONE here was in agreement with you, yet my point has always been fa+ draft = success. Based on that equation alone this entire bit of foolishness on your part could've been avoided. Instead you went on and on and on about something you were supposedley in agreement with all along. You are one hell of a slowcoach buddy.

Notice I did not say "less valuable"...what was it I said? Oh yeah: "mediocre and of little value". "Less valuable" means there needs to be someone for that player to be compared to. "Of little value" means that player needs no one to be compared to...their low value speaks for itself.

Since reading comprehension isn't your strong point, allow me to make an example:

Smoot=less value than Samuels, but still a valuable addition to the roster.

Ade Jimoh=little value, regardless of who he's compared to.

And how does this go against my original statement? Oh yeah, it doesnt. :laugh: I say again, we're in day 2 of free agency and most of our "targets" are already signed. I think its pretty obvious that those remaining are less valuable then those signed. How on earth can you think you made a point on something so elementary?

In your original post (which, if you had been paying attention, was what I was referring to in these last several responses), you said, and I quote:

"I am a bit worried that our FO thinks the way to fix our OLine, DE, CB, WR issues lay at pick #21 and so on."

Later, you said "I said that we have two major picks in rounds 1 and 2 that will help us right away."

Anyone see these two statements as contradictory? I know I do. (and I know you do not lol).

"Pick #21 and so on" is the draft. So you're worried--excuse me, a "bit" worred--that anyone in the Skins' FO thinks our holes can be address in the draft. And to be more precise, pick #21 is in the first round...so you were indeed saying you were worried that Vinny felt he could fill any of the holes in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Are you able to follow it now?

The question is, DO YOU FOLLOW IT NOW? Haha! I clearly just posted FOUR areas of weakness, I then went onto say that we can answer TWO of the FOUR areas in the draft, but we should fill the other TWO via free agency. So, in case you missed it....2 + 2 = 4!!!! Go get a juice box!!

You ridicule one of our re-signed players right after saying you never ridiculed our resigned players lol :doh:...No wonder you're confused by my posts. You can't even keep your own thoughts straight.

Dude. Now I know what it's like to talk to a rock. I am ridiculing the fact that our FO thinks it's more important to extend a guy who can't even kick into the endzone. This is not ridicule, this is factual knowledge to anyone who actually watched the Skins play. Oh right..."Califan" or w/e that means. More confusion I suppose.

Please don't tell me that you think Vinny and Snyder didn't plan ANYTHING concerning the players already on our team until 12:01 Thursday night. Or that Snyder and Vinny can in no way multi-task and handle several issues simultaneously. I mean, I'm guessing you can't...but you HAVE to know that others can, right?

This quote of yours is a sign that you're mixed up again. I can honestly say that this IN NO WAY fits into our little debate, if you can even call it that. I feel like Obama VS. Clinton here. :doh:

No, it's just a take off on a Seinfeld bit, to be honest lol...but here are the numbers:

27 posters who used the words "complaining", "****ing", "calm down", "chill out", "whining", and numerous other synonyms. These are not the posters who merely disagreed with you...they are the ones that felt you were, shall we say, "overreacting". You said there were "2 or 3", I believe. Your gift of perception is amazing, I must tell ya.

The number who agreed with you and felt you were NOT overreacting was--drumroll, please--eight.

Let me know if you need the names as well...I have them, but felt it more appropriate to leave them out of our debate. But if you doubt me and want me to include them, I'll be happy to once again prove you wrong.

And each of those "27" posters quoted my words and directed those comments to me? No they didn't. There are people in this thread dying for a major FA signing, so Im pretty sure those posts were directed at them. My point is pretty hard to debate, since it's how teams normally win SBs.

Wow...yet another variation of "you're right". Bravo! :applause:

I've already agreed with you saying I'm right. Since you know that, maybe you should stop this parade of stupidity.

Nah, just following suit. I saw all the insults you leveled at me and others, so I felt you probably enjoyed that type of retort.

So you're a follower now? I find that hard to believe since I've tried to "lead you to water" for hours, yet you still walk around dazed and confused.

You did not say that you don't like the way the OP "does things" verbatim...my statement was in response to the following comment you made and to a greater degree the overall attitude you have portrayed in this thread.

"You should apologize for acting like a 12 year old girl experiencing her first period when people disagree with you instead."

When I said I never mentioned not liking the way the OP "does things", I was referring to how he writes his opening post on a thread he creates to get the convo started.

You then seem to suggest that you are unwilling to allow a poster to deviate from your ideals as if you are somehow the authority on what others should think and express.

Hmm...the authority on what others should think and how they should express themselves. You mean like when I said the following:

"there's no ****ing anywhere in my posts, so just keep that term to yourself."

"I guess putting whiners in ALL CAPS makes it so. Nope....sure doesnt."

"Before you post another reply full of insults and nothing constructive..."

"your comments are not only completely asinine but comical."

"Im still waiting for something constructive from you"

"Here lies another guy who didn't read nor understand any of the MANY posts in this thread."

"You should probably take your own advice. Be constructive or go home!"

"I didnt think it was possible, but you actually continued to post without being constructive."

"Good night Oh' Wisdomless One."

"nothing constructive, asinine and very lame attempts at humor."

"Just read the first initial post and comment on what I'm saying or move along."

There are literally dozens upon dozens more quotes I could post, but you get the point. I don't really think the person who said these quotes was an open-minded fellow gladly accepting any and all variations of expression of people's viewpoints. In fact, I would hazard a guess to say that someone responding in this manner over and over again to numerous people would start to get the same type of response back.

In addition, I feel that the quote attributed to you above is insulting not to mention that you yourself used the talking point that people who did not agree with your perspective lacked intelligence in the following excerpt:

"There is no way anyone of any intelligence could interpret it any other way. "

The best way to prove me wrong is to show me an intelligent way how the quotes I commented on COULD be intelligently interpreted another way. If you can, please do so. If you can't, maybe I'm right. Maybe.

As I stated previously, I do not agree with everything the OP said in reference to the assertion that we will not fill holes through the draft (if he did say this) but I cannot underscore the fact that it is a fallacy to think that we can rely on the draft alone to fill the gaps that we have at this time.

I'm not worried that we WILL only rely on the draft...as someone else said, if it gets to be a week or two into free agency and we haven't have any attempt to even bring someone in, THEN I'll start wondering about the FO's approach. But the thing is, I'm not just thinking about this season...I'm thinking about the next 3-4 seasons. Holding back now may benefit us in ways unknown and too numerous to mention down the road. We seem unwilling to accept that as a possibility, though.

However, the OP is worried. Or at least he was in his initial post. He doesn't think we will--or even can--get anyone of any real worth in free agency unless we act NOW!!! (emphasis is mine lol). To me (and to at least 26 others), that way of thinking is too exaggerated to have much merit, and comes across more as complaining. He believes we weren't doing anything, at all, in free agency (NO front office EVER enters free agency "twidding their thumbs"...they do a helluva lot more than the OP wants to believe or give them credit for).

When I said I never mentioned not liking the way the OP "does things", I was referring to how he writes his opening post on a thread he creates to get the convo started.

Hmm...the authority on what others should think and how they should express themselves. You mean like when I said the following:

"there's no ****ing anywhere in my posts, so just keep that term to yourself."

"I guess putting whiners in ALL CAPS makes it so. Nope....sure doesnt."

"Before you post another reply full of insults and nothing constructive..."

"your comments are not only completely asinine but comical."

"Im still waiting for something constructive from you"

"Here lies another guy who didn't read nor understand any of the MANY posts in this thread."

"You should probably take your own advice. Be constructive or go home!"

"I didnt think it was possible, but you actually continued to post without being constructive."

"Good night Oh' Wisdomless One."

"nothing constructive, asinine and very lame attempts at humor."

"Just read the first initial post and comment on what I'm saying or move along."

There are literally dozens upon dozens more quotes I could post, but you get the point. I don't really think the person who said these quotes was an open-minded fellow gladly accepting any and all variations of expression of people's viewpoints. In fact, I would hazard a guess to say that someone responding in this manner over and over again to numerous people would start to get the same type of response back.

The best way to prove me wrong is to show me an intelligent way how the quotes I commented on COULD be intelligently interpreted another way. If you can, please do so. If you can't, maybe I'm right. Maybe.

I'm not worried that we WILL only rely on the draft...as someone else said, if it gets to be a week or two into free agency and we haven't have any attempt to even bring someone in, THEN I'll start wondering about the FO's approach. But the thing is, I'm not just thinking about this season...I'm thinking about the next 3-4 seasons. Holding back now may benefit us in ways unknown and too numerous to mention down the road. We seem unwilling to accept that as a possibility, though.

However, the OP is worried. Or at least he was in his initial post. He doesn't think we will--or even can--get anyone of any real worth in free agency unless we act NOW!!! (emphasis is mine lol). To me (and to at least 26 others), that way of thinking is too exaggerated to have much merit, and comes across more as complaining. He believes we weren't doing anything, at all, in free agency (NO front office EVER enters free agency "twidding their thumbs"...they do a helluva lot more than the OP wants to believe or give them credit for).

I have made my point, some have agreed and a few have not. There's really no need to continue this pissing contest, since it's obvious our slow friend Califan only believes his word is the law. It's impossible to argue with someone who wears blinders.

And each of those "27" posters quoted my words and directed those comments to me? No they didn't. There are people in this thread dying for a major FA signing, so Im pretty sure those posts were directed at them. My point is pretty hard to debate, since it's how teams normally win SBs.

Ok, this is the only comment of yours I feel like responding to because the rest of your twaddle is boring me...

No, they did not all quote your words and use your name in their post. But guess what...this is YOUR thread, and we were responding to YOUR viewpoint. Just because there may have been a handful of people who held the same viewpoint doesn't mean you're not included when someone says something like "People always find something to ***** about". You may want to believe that person wasn't referring to you simply because they didn't quote your post lol...but it's obvious to everyone that they did.

And you know what's funny? Or ironic? Or both? lol...YOU kept responding to these people yourself. The same people you are NOW trying to say "they may not have been talking to or about me" :laugh:...you sure as hell felt they were talking about you when you responded to them lol.

And now that I think about it, if you're even unwilling to acknowledge something as obvious as that, you'll never acknowledge anything. So, it's been fun, well for awhile before the boredom set in.

I have made my point, some have agreed and a few have not. There's really no need to continue this pissing contest, since it's obvious our slow friend Califan only believes his word is the law. It's impossible to argue with someone who wears blinders.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: This is coming from someone who thinks he is 100000% right and this thread is not debatable but yet still created a thread to start a debate! Son time to take off your blinders instead!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: This is coming from someone who thinks he is 100000% right and this thread is not debatable but yet still created a thread to start a debate! Son time to take off your blinders instead!

In case you missed it, son, this thread was started to hear your guys' opinions. But instead of that, for the most part, I've received useless information from Califan and some other moron who decided he was being outsmarted. Califan knows it also, he's just too confused to quit talking nonsense.

I've said since my first post that IN MY OPINION we're not handling our issues correctly. If that's me saying I'm right and everyone else is wrong, well, I cant help you see the light.

Ok, this is the only comment of yours I feel like responding to because the rest of your twaddle is boring me...

No, they did not all quote your words and use your name in their post. But guess what...this is YOUR thread, and we were responding to YOUR viewpoint. Just because there may have been a handful of people who held the same viewpoint doesn't mean you're not included when someone says something like "People always find something to ***** about". You may want to believe that person wasn't referring to you simply because they didn't quote your post lol...but it's obvious to everyone that they did.

And you know what's funny? Or ironic? Or both? lol...YOU kept responding to these people yourself. The same people you are NOW trying to say "they may not have been talking to or about me" :laugh:...you sure as hell felt they were talking about you when you responded to them lol.

And now that I think about it, if you're even unwilling to acknowledge something as obvious as that, you'll never acknowledge anything. So, it's been fun, well for awhile before the boredom set in.

Yes it has been fun. You've definitely given me a chuckle or two.

Seems like to me we have gotten some pretty good players in the draft. Jason Cambell, Leron Landry, Chris Cooley and Sean Taylor to name a few over the last few years. We have all our draft picks except the 4th round. Let's see who we can draft then mayber pick up a couple of FA.

Seems like to me we have gotten some pretty good players in the draft. Jason Cambell, Leron Landry, Chris Cooley and Sean Taylor to name a few over the last few years. We have all our draft picks except the 4th round. Let's see who we can draft then mayber pick up a couple of FA.

You are correct, we have drafted some pretty good players over the past few years. I just think we should snatch up some of these FAs while we can. Wilford, Smith....or maybe we just trade a 3rd for Jason Taylor, draft Sweed, then get a CB in round 2.

Either way man, I think you must exhaust ALL possiblities in order to win.

In case you missed it, son, this thread was started to hear your guys' opinions. But instead of that, for the most part, I've received useless information from Califan and some other moron who decided he was being outsmarted. Califan knows it also, he's just too confused to quit talking nonsense.

I've said since my first post that IN MY OPINION we're not handling our issues correctly. If that's me saying I'm right and everyone else is wrong, well, I cant help you see the light.

And you have an amazing ability to tapdance your way around intelligent responses.

And yes....I am right.

Sounds like to me you are right and need to see the light instead.

You keep on harping on your are right and anyone who has said otherwise was put on your short list. You OPINION is better then someone who thought you were just a little overreacting like this was end of the world and that since we didn't spend $40 mil for example in FA means we have been sitting on our asses and not taking advantage of the FA.

If you have $3000 in your pocket but really like that Pioneer Pro series 60' Plasma TV going for $7500 - guess what you are going to do WAIT until you can afford something in your price range.

Does it even make logical business sense to blow up your money in the FA (even if you had it) rather then just to wait and still be able to pick up players that will make the team a whole rather than some money hungry player who probably wouldn't give a damn to begin with - have you forgotten AA, BL.

You also have to keep in mind that the draft is still coming - what we can't do in the FA hopefully we can in the draft. You are making it seem like we need to go to the SB this year.

I will be just happy to see the team go in a more positive direction for a change. JG use to build his team with FA and trades. That was his style but that doesn't work for everyone else.

Not even 2 whole weeks ago we were ALL on here wanting guys like Berrian, Smith, possibly Samuels (who just signed for a fairly inexpensive contract), Wilford, etc. Now everyone's saying "chill out", "lay back", "build through the draft", "you're ****ing/whining/blah blah blah."

Berrian- Soft and not a #1 wideout. Wayyyyy overpaid with $16 million guaranteed

Smith- Overpaid/ Never wanted him because his play has regressed

Samuels- Too much money on a player I feel is overrated. IMO Lito is as good as he is.

Wilford- Not a bad option but do you really think he fits the bill of a potential #1 or even a very solid #2??

I'm not saying this in hindsight, but just telling you what I and a sizable part of Skins nation felt as well. Personally I was not interested in any of the players that signed so far AT the price they signed for. Briggs was the only one I thought we should consider getting back in the ballgame on considering how much his demands dropped.

Califan007, you have seemingly obfuscated this situation with your latest response addressed to me. I don't really have an interest in commenting on someone else's posts given that the subject of our exchanges has been what you have posted.

So you are holding Califan responsible for being rude, but not the OP, who has referred to other posters as stupid, unintelligent, morons, etc.? If you are going to hold someone accountable for stepping over the line, you should all accountable who do it.

At least Califan has given quotes to explain his reasoning, which is probably why no mod has stepped in.

I think all of you have gone off topic for a few pages now and should just give it a rest. Of course I also think we should wait more than 2 days before declaring our FA opportunities are over. But hey, that's just me.:D

No need to rush. We need more cap room and patients is the way to get it so that when someone great does come around we can get them. But overpaying for average or slightly above, creates a mediocre team with a large payroll. Snyder has alway shown a willingness to spend.

Maybe he learned something from all the interviews he conducted, that we didn't. Maybe he will look for value this time. So that later we have the room to overpay.

Guest SuicideShark

I hope we pulll off some real talent in the draft......This is like watching your siblings opening presents on christmas, only santa forgot about you.

Archived