Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You guys wanted this, now you got it!!

#21Taylor4Ever

The star rating system wasn't installed when I created that thread.

And it doesn't matter about impressing people, if you read my first post in the link you will see I was dead on with all but one point. I saw the talent we had accrued, and I believed in their potential. I simply pointed it out because the guy I was arguing with says I have never made a convincing argument in my life. I also pointed out there were several posters who responded in agreement to my responses to him.

1 star is the lowest you can go. :silly:

Right, right. No star rating huh? Haha! Looks like a big fat ZERO rating to me. :D

I think what some people need to realize is, NONE OF US are professionals. Everything we post on here is based on our own opinions, so there are no "dead on" points in any of our threads. Each person has their own thoughts and views, and outside actual stats, nothing any of us say is written in stone.

I think once we get past these "God complexes", some of these threads will have less bickering and more constructive reponses.

Right, right. No star rating huh? Haha! Looks like a big fat ZERO rating to me. :D

I think what some people need to realize is, NONE OF US are professionals. Everything we post on here is based on our own opinions, so there are no "dead on" points in any of our threads. Each person has their own thoughts and views, and outside actual stats, nothing any of us say is written in stone.

I think once we get past these "God complexes", some of these threads will have less bickering and more constructive reponses.

Yeah, actually my post was so good, nobody thought 5 stars was even enough to accurately show just how good the thread was.:D

I agree with you you though, that none of us really know anything for sure. That is why I can't stand it when people deal in absolutes, especially when they are negative like "the team will never win" or "there is no way we improve." I just don't understand saying absolute negatives like that. I mean, why even root for the team if you are so convinced they are going to lose? You know? i think the best thing any of us can do is to use actual facts to back up our arguments, and use straight-forward statistics. So many on here just post opinion and don't back it up with any fact-based reasoning, or when they do, they purposely skew statistics to reflect only their viewpoint.

Sadly, I think so long as this mesage board is connected to redskins.com, the God complexes, chicken littles/"realists", and drive-by posters will persist. The problem is, the ones with something to complain about are going to make themselves heard. The ones with something of actual benefit to contribute get flooded by the volumous and repetitive whiners. What a lot of the "non-benefitful contributors" don't realize is that after a few posts pulling the same antics, they become known by the rest of the board, and typically get called out on it when they pull the antics again. IMO, the mods should consider upping the word count requirement for new threads, so at least the threads themselves have a better shot of encouraging debate as they will consist of more than just the typical "should we get him" and other one-sentence threads that don't contribute much of anything.

I read through quite a bit and forgive me if I am wrong, but it seems like the OP is wanting the team to sign a free agent or two. Nothing wrong with that, but remember this is just the start to free agency.

The very start of free agency, everyone wants those big dollars, and the market needs to set itself. Friday, the first day, Saturday and Sunday will see teams set the market for free agents.

After the first few days, the market settles down and you can find talent at reasonable prices. Fletcher was not signed the first day or two of free agency, and neither was SMoot.

So to the opening poster, let's practice some patience and see what is going to happen. There is no way this team was going to guarantee 15-20 million dollars when they simply dont' have that kind of cap space. Sure you can blame the front office past failures for the predicament we are in now. But to me your wasting both time and energy on a fruitless endeavor. There is nothing that can be done to change the past, you simply have to deal with the present.

And the present situation calls for patience and fiscal responsibility.

Because most of these guys are like women. They can't make up their mind for ****. They say one thing and then ***** and moan when you do what they said they wanted. The Front Office is being smart. They aren't overpaying on FAs like they have in the past and they are holding onto their draft picks like a smart team would.

OH MY GOD WE GOT TOO MANY HOLES TO FILL!!! QUICK, GIVE THIS MEDIOCRE PLAYER WHO'S A FREE AGENT VAST SUMS OF MONEY TO COME IN SO WE CAN COMPLAIN SOME MORE ABOUT WHY OUR FRONT OFFICE BROUGHT HIM ANYWAYS.

Moral: SHUT THE **** UP!

elk..."feeling" like the team is a few pieces away...especially when you don't even know how it will adapt to the new offense is no argument. it's what I have been trying to point out all along: it doesn't amount to a cogent set of fcats lined up in a reasonable manner at all. I can point to injuries, aging, new system, etc., all facts. you point to "I think so and so will do just fine at position X." Your argument is entirely based on speculation. No facts whatsoever.

Our maybe Vinny has his eyes set on some real talent in the draft!!

How many guys have had to restructure the contracts to make cap room for us?

I don't know maybe we are bulding through the draft now and I can see only two fa's this year and thats about it.(wr and or lineman)

The man speaketh the truth! :cheers:

Hail,

H

I haven't had the time to read all the posts in this incredibly long thread, but I am glad to see there are others out there who agree that this teams needs to take this drastic "non-approach" to FA ... to help balance out all the bad moves we have made in the past.

Hail to em!

Whats this guy talking about. Other than Assanti Samuels going to Philly, The Moss rumor of him going to Dallas, which after this weekend we know is not going to happen. What exactly did our NFC east div do this week end ? Giants no moves, Dallas is loaded in draft picks{2 first rders plus } no moves, we sign Collins,Albright, and Philly makes the biggest splash with Samuels instead of a WR for McNabb. To me this isnt exactly fireworks. Did I miss something off the FA ticker? :2cents:

i'm a little nervous at the inactivity but is very welcomed and refreshing.

plus, you don't want to give a first time coach all these guys off the street who haven't been here. zorn needs to work on our roster that went to the playoffs last year (remember?) he doesn't need the distraction, and hype of big FA's coming here. I applaud Vinny C's and his approach.

elk..."feeling" like the team is a few pieces away...especially when you don't even know how it will adapt to the new offense is no argument. it's what I have been trying to point out all along: it doesn't amount to a cogent set of fcats lined up in a reasonable manner at all. I can point to injuries, aging, new system, etc., all facts. you point to "I think so and so will do just fine at position X." Your argument is entirely based on speculation. No facts whatsoever.

And saying the team won't be competitive based off your opinion/feeling of the team's status, is an argument? Your statement about anyone who thinks this team will be competitive is nuts, that was a cogent set of facts? Now all of a sudden, all my points are just "I think so" and all your opinions are somehow valid, and not based off of "I think so's"? Both our opinions on the matter are based off of our perceptions of the team's current status. Just because you think you are right, doesn't mean my opinions are any less valid than yours. I have given reasoning for my opinion, and I have responded to your reasoning as well, but I guess that doesn't matter because you obviously aren't going to consider any of it. Your "facts" about injuries, age, and a new system are known by all. I have shown you facts about other teams in similar positions being succesful, I have even pointed out we are coming off of a playoff season, and are maintaining the majority of our roster. But I guess those don't qualify as facts either. Nope, in your mind the only things that qualify as facts are those that support your argument.

My perception of the team's status is based off of fact and informed opinion. Tell me what part of your earlier quote "anyone who thinks this team will be competitive is nuts" is based in fact. It's pure speculation, and a stupid absolute. But go ahead and pretend that "uncertainties" automatically mean this team won't be competitive. This lame tactic of yours isn't surprising though. All you have been doing is dodging points and resorting to character assassination in order to avoid the fact you got called out on a stupid statement and then later tried to act like it didn't happen. It's about as lame as putting a response in here, signing off, and then signing back on later in hopes I didn't respond asnd you got the last word.

A lot of people thought the Giants had too many uncertainties, wouldn't be competitive, how right were they? My point is any team has a chance any year. But I get it, you'd rather cry and moan about any little thing, and deal in absolutes, rather than risk showing any optimism and you looking bad if the team falters. You have decided to go the safe route, and be constantly negative about the team, cuz if you are wrong you still win because your favorite team won. The fact you wouldn't even admit you were wrong when you said you weren't making predictions, shows me that.

And since when does using "in my opinion" suddenly invalidate someone's argument? So long as the opinion is based on facts, instead of some stupid absolute, why is it invalid? You want to actually explain how me saying the team can be competitive is only opinion, while you saying they can't be competitive is fact? This kind of stunt doesn't surprise me coming from someone who is so hypocritical they say "anyone who thinks we will be competitive is nuts" and then later claim they weren'tt making predictions, that we have to wait and see before judging the team. How's about next time you refrain from dealing in your negative absolutes, and then you won't get called on it.

All I can say is we made the playoffs with what we had and therefore a few things in the draft and maybe 1 relativly big FA CB etc.. after market cools off is all we need. BUILD THROUGH DRAFT for LONG TERM..

This is a smart person and I totally agree!

The best moves so far has been the non moves by the Redskins. Generation Ipod aka the Maddenites needs to get a grip.

On defense the only spots you can argue addressing in free agency are Phillip Daniels who plays solid with injuries but we all believe the spot will be addressed in the first round. Safety to play along side Laron but if we go the draft route and a kid from the U is there we might continue batting 1000% on franchise safeties to the chagrin of others.

I, well a couple of us, predicted over a month ago that Samuels was Philly bound so the big name corner to replace Springs/ Rogers was off the table.

We have done well lately when it comes to picking players with our 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders. (when we have them)

Well earlier we mentioned how at least last season we were making a couple solid signs while we remain "quiet" to which we were responded with "Those didn't happen till March 3 and 4". Well guess what? It's March 3 and I'm willing to bet we don't sign anyone today and probably not tomorrow. For me this is a little TOO quiet of an offseason. I'd like to see us sign SOME sort of depth.

Im not saying I wanted us to go buckwild in free agency, but this is friggin ridiculous! Everyone in our division is making some noise(outside the defending SB champs) and we're just sitting around twiddling our thumbs. Now I've never been a fan of "buying a sb ring", but I'm also not a fan of not filling any holes. Maybe I'm overreacting a bit, but by the time Vinny lets the market settle, ALL the worthwhile players will be in new homes and new teams and we'll be going into the 08-09 season with ARE as our #2 WR and Phillip Daniels as our starting DE.

I am literally shocked that the ONLY moves we've made are signing Collins and Suisham(who all but cost us the playoff game versus the Sea****s).

Are we really looking at the highlight of the free agency period being Javon Walker and his 1.5 knees? And now I hear rumors of a Lito for Fitz deal.

Maybe this is just the case of High Life talking(dont talk **** it's only $4.99/6 pack), but I am a bit worried that our FO thinks the way to fix our OLine, DE, CB, WR issues lay at pick #21 and so on.

What are you talking about??? The Eagles signed ONE player. The Cowboys have done absolutely nothing. The Giants have LOST 4 or 5 players. I don't see what the big deal is.

This could possibly be the worst crop of free agents I've ever seen. Who do you want us to sign?? Antawn Odom? D.J. Hackett? David Carr? Why waste money on average players when we are already in salary cap trouble? The people making the important decisions are drinking Dom Perrigon and your drinking High Life. There is a reason for that.............

What are you talking about??? The Eagles signed ONE player. The Cowboys have done absolutely nothing. The Giants have LOST 4 or 5 players. I don't see what the big deal is.

This could possibly be the worst crop of free agents I've ever seen. Who do you want us to sign?? Antawn Odom? D.J. Hackett? David Carr? Why waste money on average players when we are already in salary cap trouble? The people making the important decisions are drinking Dom Perrigon and your drinking High Life. There is a reason for that.............

The Eagles signed the best CB in free agency, AND they've placed Lito on the trading block. Point is, they're trying to fill holes and make moves.

The Giants are the defending SB champs.

The Cowboys at least talked to Javon Walker and Moss' agent.

And I said nothing about signing Hackett or Carr, but Justin Smith would've made sense, even Wilford works for us in the WCO.

And I drink High Life because it's $4.99/6 pack. :laugh:

I am literally shocked that the ONLY moves we've made are signing Collins and Suisham(who all but cost us the playoff game versus the Sea****s).

QUOTE]

Seriously? You mean an electric current ran through your body because we've only re-signed two guys? That's amazing! I could see if you were just shocked, but literally shocked?!?! You must be some kind of super hero!

For the record I got just what I wanted from the coaching search and I'm getting it now in FA as well! This is a great time to be a fan of the Redskins! Young hungry coach who speaks his mind and seems like a great guy and a reasonable approach to FA which indicates a thoughtful draft process as well!

QUOTE]

Seriously? You mean an electric current ran through your body because we've only re-signed two guys? That's amazing! I could see if you were just shocked, but literally shocked?!?! You must be some kind of super hero!

For the record I got just what I wanted from the coaching search and I'm getting it now in FA as well! This is a great time to be a fan of the Redskins! Young hungry coach who speaks his mind and seems like a great guy and a reasonable approach to FA which indicates a thoughtful draft process as well!

THIS is how you quote someone. :laugh:

But yeah....an electric current ran through my body as the 49ers signed Smith....OUR GUY!

Archived