Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You guys wanted this, now you got it!!

#21Taylor4Ever

"You dont know me, you dont understand me! Wearing my sisters pants doesn't make me gay, it makes me dark and tragic"! :laugh: :laugh:

Freaking emo's...

Eff emo's. They are the reason I can't buy jeans anymore because every pair of jeans are nut huggers.

Eff emo's. They are the reason I can't buy jeans anymore because every pair of jeans are nut huggers.

No joke. Remember the good old days of baggy JNCO jeans?

I'm also gettin tired of the jeans that have holes in them on purpose. All Emo kids are is a blatant rip off of goth and metrosexuals. "We don't want to conform, so we're going to dress alike and act alike!"

Like I've always said, some people aren't happy unless they are miserable.

...We made the playoffs last season and I am looking forward to at least that this season.

And in order to get through the first round of the playoffs, we need to fill the goddamn holes!

Wake up people! Just because you think everything is just a move or two away doesn't make it so. We have four major areas of issue that we must address if we plan on being a SB contender.

I'm satisfied. I don't see the Colts and Pats (two of the most dominant modern franchises) or even the Bolts out signing away.

Let's chill out and wait on draft day.

LOL! You're right. The 18-1 Pats just went out and got Moss, Stallworth, Welker, and Adalius Thomas.

No...they didn't make any noise last season. :laugh:

And in order to get through the first round of the playoffs, we need to fill the goddamn holes!

Wake up people! Just because you think everything is just a move or two away doesn't make it so. We have four major areas of issue that we must address if we plan on being a SB contender.

What out of that post made you think that I did not want to fill any holes?

You disect every post that you think is disagreeing with yours and spit fire at the poster. I, for one, am not going to argue back and forth with you about the same things over and over again.

There are enough players left via free agency and the draft still awaits to fill voids on our team.

But the guys that are being signed right now won't get that done. That's the point. I don't think this crop of FAs is all that great. I'd rather pass on the "big names," save some money, see what the draft yields, and then pick up a couple pieces as they come available through cuts (depending of course) or trades.

You're kidding yourself if you think we could have built a SB team for this year with the free agents available when we are going into a new season with a first year head coach. This season will be a building season. Get some pieces of the puzzle in the draft and spend wisely on free agents. If a trade for a dominant player (WR) opens up, take a look.

But brace yourself for a building year this year and maybe if we're smart, we'll build a team that will be a perennial contender again.

Spending on the guys who have been available this year would have been throwing money away, in my opinion.

So far, this has been Vinny's best offseason.

Hail,

H

But the guys that are being signed right now won't get that done. That's the point. I don't think this crop of FAs is all that great. I'd rather pass on the "big names," save some money, see what the draft yields, and then pick up a couple pieces as they come available through cuts (depending of course) or trades.

You're kidding yourself if you think we could have built a SB team for this year with the free agents available when we are going into a new season with a first year head coach. This season will be a building season. Get some pieces of the puzzle in the draft and spend wisely on free agents. If a trade for a dominant player (WR) opens up, take a look.

But brace yourself for a building year this year and maybe if we're smart, we'll build a team that will be a perennial contender again.

Spending on the guys who have been available this year would have been throwing money away, in my opinion.

So far, this has been Vinny's best offseason.

Hail,

H

Agree with everything in yr post except one thing: advise witholding judgment on Vinny. He hasn't done that much yet. While I find him agreeable, if not very interesting, I hope he succeeds for obvious reasons. Let's see how it all plays out leading up to training camp before jumping to conclusions one way or the other.

Hail Skinz1...you da man!

Agree with everything in yr post except one thing: advise witholding judgment on Vinny. He hasn't done that much yet. While I find him agreeable, if not very interesting, I hope he succeeds for obvious reasons. Let's see how it all plays out leading up to training camp before jumping to conclusions one way or the other.

Hail Skinz1...you da man!

Hence, the "so far" disclaimer! :cheers:

Hail,

H

I don't like the laid back approach, but I understand it. The Redskins have everyone signed on offense and defense so that it would appear that our needs aren't much. CB is still a concern. But when you look at it, Smoot and Springs played very well last year. Carlos Rogers played better than expected until his knee injury. Lee Torrence played his heart out in the nickel. The entire D line did magnificent and our linebackers played well too.

Doughty played as well as you could hope for after Sean's murder. By the time Reed's career is over, we'll be comparing him to John Lynch.

On offense, we have everything we need. Cooley, Moss, Randle El, Portis, and an offensive line that will be together again with the additions that were missing last year, Jansen and THomas. There's been speculation about a big WR for the WCO. Maybe Ceratto is looking to the draft. There's several big WRs that would compliment the players we have on offense.

Ho ho hum. Talk to me when you can actually address a point, instead of using lame sarcastic attempts and insults to disguise the fact you are trying to pass assumptions off as fact.

How are my standards low when I am saying a team coming off of a winning season with a playoff appearance, only has a couple holes to fill, and that can be done in the draft. Suddenly the Skins are doing what many complainers, including you, wanted. But now that isn't good enough, we still won't be good because we are relying on draft picks. It isn't even about the team anymore, it's whatever guys like you can come up with to keep complaining.

And seeing as you said in the post I quoted that the team won't be competitive, and that anyone who thinks this team will be is nuts, I guess that was your way of saying we will have to wait until the roster is set and training camp begins. Yeah, and I'm the nitwit with only primary school education. Get over yourself, and don't assume someone has low education or is unintelligent simply because they don't agree with you.

Where did I say I was tolerant of mediocrity? I'll wait. How is a team coming off of a playoff season, and retaining all but one of its starters a bad approach, or settling for mediocrity? It isn't. It is simply you spouting off your warped and biased opinion of this team simply because you are dissatisifed with Dan and the FO.

If you aren't willing to be hopeful in this team now that they are taking the build through the draft approach so many wanted, then there is probably nothing the team can do to win your support, which is pathetic. The game of football was meant to be enjoyed, not be some bullseye target you use to vent out life's frustrations. (If you are going to make assumptions about my character and intelligence, I will make this assumption about you).

oh pls.....you haven't made a convincing arument your entire life...let alone on this thread. I'm smart enough to realize two things that apparently escape you:

- this team has had 15 years of dismal, non-Championship results. Some might call that a pattern.

- the incipient season hasn't started.....all the facts/decisions aren't in yet. best to withhold final judgment.

More fundamantally, I don't gloss over with the ease you generate the obvious problems that exist at CB and LB...let alone losing the best player on the team. I also don't favor the simplistic black/white thinking that characterizes your posts. Building throught the draft is a good thing and long past due for this team....it is a strategy that takes time. It is one element of a personnel strategy, coupled to a coaching scheme, buttressed by a financial plan. All three have to work in synchronicity to realize sustained, positive results. I dearly hope the team has figured this out, that Vinny has figured this out, and that he has the will and empowerment to see it through.

we have experienced far too many "we're almost there off-seasons." that kinda strikes one as a bit dullish after a point.

and, you betcha, I am venting frustrations about this team.

the game is meant to be enjoyed.....hope we get to the point that we are enjoying another SB....sooner rather than later.

oh pls.....you haven't made a convincing arument your entire life...let alone on this thread. I'm smart enough to realize two things that apparently escape you:

- this team has had 15 years of dismal, non-Championship results. Some might call that a pattern.

- the incipient season hasn't started.....all the facts/decisions aren't in yet. best to withhold final judgment.

More fundamantally, I don't gloss over with the ease you generate the obvious problems that exist at CB and LB...let alone losing the best player on the team. I also don't favor the simplistic black/white thinking that characterizes your posts. Building throught the draft is a good thing and long past due for this team....it is a strategy that takes time. It is one element of a personnel strategy, coupled to a coaching scheme, buttressed by a financial plan. All three have to work in synchronicity to realize sustained, positive results. I dearly hope the team has figured this out, that Vinny has figured this out, and that he has the will and empowerment to see it through.

we have experienced far too many "we're almost there off-seasons." that kinda strikes one as a bit dullish after a point.

and, you betcha, I am venting frustrations about this team.

the game is meant to be enjoyed.....hope we get to the point that we are enjoying another SB....sooner rather than later.

Yeah, I haven't made a convincing argument my whole life. I guess the thread I have linked in my sig isn't evidence to the contrary, nor are the posters who have agreed with my responses to you. Like I said, address actual points instead of name calling, or move on.

This team has been in the postseason 2 of the last 3 years. Tell me, before 2006, how many championships did the Colts win? We are building off of a good roster with a lot of good starters, but intead of looking at the potential, you'd rather just keep complaining about how we haven't won a Superbowl yet. Like I said, some people complain just to complain.

The season hasn't started yet, you are right on that. So why did you then earlier state this team won't be competitive and anyone who thinks they will be is nuts? If its best to withhold final judgment, why didn't you?

Yeah, my thinking is black and white:rolleyes: Good job on providing zero examples of that.

And I know building through the draft takes time, and it has to synchronize with the other offseason activities and team philosophy. That is football 101. However, I believe, like I have stated in this thread and others, that we are only a few pieces away, and that the draft should help us fill those needs. I also said the draft won't be enough to fill every single need, but freaking out about us being quiet only a few days into free agency doesn't make sense. How is that bnlack and white?

Tell me how already labeling this team as having "no chance at being competitive" isn't a simplisic black and white apporoach.

You have every right to vent frustrations about this team, but doesn't your favorite football team deserve just criticism, instead of predictions of doom only 3 days in to free agency?

And here's the part of the original post of yours to which I first responded, looks like you were indeed making predictions instead of waiting to see what we do. Practice what you preach.

Anyone who thinks this team will be competitive into the playoffs with all the change going on is nuts IMO. I wish the FO would be honest with the fans about this. Or...if they really think this team is on the cusp of a Championship....say so.

LOL! You're right. The 18-1 Pats just went out and got Moss, Stallworth, Welker, and Adalius Thomas.

No...they didn't make any noise last season. :laugh:

:jerk:

That was the first splurge the Pats have had since Belichick took over in 2000.

And did they get a Super Bowl ring out of it?

Didn't think so.

__

I agree, made a similiar post like this yesterday. They go from the ultra-aggressive in FA to non-existent in 1 year?

People get a clue, you need free agents to fix up holes and fill depth. We are not asking them to go out and spend and fire up redskins 1 to get the top line guys, but maybe 1 or 2 semi level pros

Semi Level pros don't sign until the market has been set by the top free agents. Teams will then sign the 2nd tier FA's

Relax.

:jerk:

That was the first splurge the Pats have had since Belichick took over in 2000.

And did they get a Super Bowl ring out of it?

Didn't think so.

__

No SB win, no. But **** man...18-1 and they signed all those studs(except for Stallworth). Maybe it was the free agent cameraman who made the most impact. :nutkick:

No SB win, no. But **** man...18-1 and they signed all those studs(except for Stallworth). Maybe it was the free agent cameraman who made the most impact. :nutkick:

OK, but now they are losing players left and right and haven't made any real moves so far besides signing their own linebacker. Do you think they will make another run like last year while not keeping any of their existing players?

I do think it's smart that we tend to our own FA's such as Collins et al in order to ensure that we at least retain part of what we had during our run last year.

And yes, I DO agree that we have some holes but where we disagree is that we should be desperate by signing all the "good" FA's in the first 3 days. I think we can afford to bid our time just a bit, at least until the market settles so we don't pay out the ass for guys that could be future busts as they have in the past for us.

OK, but now they are losing players left and right and haven't made any real moves so far besides signing their own linebacker. Do you think they will make another run like last year while not keeping any of their existing players?

I do think it's smart that we tend to our own FA's such as Collins et al in order to ensure that we at least retain part of what we had during our run last year.

And yes, I DO agree that we have some holes but where we disagree is that we should be desperate by signing all the "good" FA's in the first 3 days. I think we can afford to bid our time just a bit, at least until the market settles so we don't pay out the ass for guys that could be future busts as they have in the past for us.

I believe they're close to re-signing Moss as we speak:

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Patriots are close to re-signing free agent Randy Moss.

Mar. 2 - 7:19 pm et

Stallworth was a bust, so let Cleveland have him. Colvin failed a physical.

I also agree that Collins was somewhat important, and I say somewhat because Saunders and his offense is gone.

Yeah, I haven't made a convincing argument my whole life. I guess the thread I have linked in my sig isn't evidence to the contrary, nor are the posters who have agreed with my responses to you. Like I said, address actual points instead of name calling, or move on.

I just gave it 3 stars because apparently all those who read it weren't that impressed. Haha! Prior to my vote, it had rec'd ZERO votes. At least I got a whopping 1 star rating for this 250+ reply beast of a thread!

:cheers:

- I don't care who agrees with you or disagrees. especially people I don't know. I care about the quality of the arguments you make. you know where I stand on that.

This team has been in the postseason 2 of the last 3 years. Tell me, before 2006, how many championships did the Colts win? We are building off of a good roster with a lot of good starters, but intead of looking at the potential, you'd rather just keep complaining about how we haven't won a Superbowl yet. Like I said, some people complain just to complain.

- I'm not complaining. I see it for what it is. You have a nasty tendancy to absorb a lot of details into broad generalizations. "We have a lot of good starters." And how many are injured? How many are gone? How many have demonstrated consistent top flight performance? How many are less than 30? There are all kinds of uncertainties here that you blithely sweep under the rug. It's been like this since I can recall post 1992. When was the last time we had a secondary that finished the season with the same starters as started the first game? How many QBs have we suffered through? How many head coaches?! We've been in this neverland of being better than average but never good enough. one season its fix the secondary. next season it's fix the wideouts. next season it's fix the o-line. next season it's find a pass rusher. always struggling. pray tell...when will it all be synchronized? more importantly, why hasn't it been after all these years? the goal should be to reduce key weaknesses to a few cap driven points on the roster (can't buy perfection at every position). how come we never seem able to achieve this? why is it we seem to have problems on BOTH sides of the ball...every off season? what other teams do, btw, is irrelevant. it's what our team does that matters. and our team has never congealed into a fixed identity with a stable corps of key players.

you know...during the first Gibbs run I had this faith that the players would always accomplish what needed to be done. Wilbur would make the crushing tackle, Dexter/Charles would make the key sack, Art or Gary would break lose, beyond the marker, to move the chains while the clock was winding down. Obviously it didn't happen every time...but it happened enough that the faith was well placed. can you tell me with a straight face that you have this kind of religion for the current group? I sure don't. they leave you hangin by a thread ALL THE TIME. they have not demonstrated the sort of consistent competence that warrants the sort of faith old time Skins' fans remember, however faded that memory may be, all too well.

The season hasn't started yet, you are right on that. So why did you then earlier state this team won't be competitive and anyone who thinks they will be is nuts? If its best to withhold final judgment, why didn't you?

- I listed all the reasons and review many of them again below for your benefit. you have scrupulously avoided refuting them. there is also the matter of grasping reality - this team has struggled to get into the playoffs. it has never been, in recent memory, a well oiled machine that dominates teams. it has consistently struggled in most of its victories. it has never "come together". it's been patchwork year after year. as noted below, until the talent is upgraded we are looking at the same thing again. the patterns have been there for several years. Zorn is going to have to take what Gibbs started and work it further. Cerrato is going to have to restock with youth and find a core of key players who become our "triplets" (so to speak). we don't have that game in and game out. we have players who win one game and then lose the next with idiot fumbles, untimley INTS or raunchy pass coverage.

Yeah, my thinking is black and white:rolleyes: Good job on providing zero examples of that.

- "we're a couple pieces away". because you say so? you're ignoring all the weaknesses and blindly asserting that we're knockin at football heaven's door. and you haven't even seen how the players are going to take to the new offense yet!

And I know building through the draft takes time, and it has to synchronize with the other offseason activities and team philosophy. That is football 101. However, I believe, like I have stated in this thread and others, that we are only a few pieces away, and that the draft should help us fill those needs. I also said the draft won't be enough to fill every single need, but freaking out about us being quiet only a few days into free agency doesn't make sense. How is that bnlack and white?

- who's freaking out? I see a team that backed itself into a corner financially and is now having to retool its roster due to age, injury and change in scheme. this is gonna take more than one year. I truly hope Caerrato is savvy enough to shape a plan and stick to it. That we aren't spending money whole hog right now doesn't mean much to me. The team was forced by circumstances anyway. Once I see the roster on opening day I'll have a good idea of where he's headed. but for now.....the roster hasn't been improved. we are where we have been for the last 15 years - figuring out how to fill numerous holes rather than peak & tweak.

Tell me how already labeling this team as having "no chance at being competitive" isn't a simplisic black and white apporoach.

You have every right to vent frustrations about this team, but doesn't your favorite football team deserve just criticism, instead of predictions of doom only 3 days in to free agency?

- this gets tiresome....they have done nothing to get better thus far. that is the point. but it is early and that is why I have stated June may open a different path. you chose not to address many of the issues I have brought up.....speaking of attention to detail...so let us revisit in no particular order of precedence:

1) A first time coach has never won a SB unless handed a previous SB winner. Our first time coach hasn't even been a coordinator! I happen to like the guy and wish him well. nevertheless, common sense suggests this season will have a learning curve for him as well. uncertainty.

2) A new system is being installed. This always takes time to absorb. we don't even know whether we have the right players for the system yet. Clearly, the coach thinks some tweaking is needed. uncertainty.

3) Our starting left CB suffered a serious injury. He won't magically recover by training camp. His backup is slightly above average. The secondary depth is suspect. The elite corner has issues with the team, is aging, and was beaten at times last season. The future all-Pro is gone forever: he Rookie now second year hope is still learning the ropes (just like Sean did). It will take time to rebuild the secondary...and we don't even know how Blache intends to use them - like Williams or change the formula. uncertainty.

4) The o-line has suffered serious injuries the last 3 years. It isn't getting any younger. The center of the line last season struggled in pass protection at times....the pocket collapsed quickly. the o-line this season and previous seasons couldn't "exercise its will" at the goaline and too frequently in short yardage situations. while the offensive schme may change....you still need an o-line that can get that 1-3 yards by brute force. heyer may have promise, but he was beaten like a drum in pass protection more than once. Jansen is a pretty beaten up individual. thomas has been seriously injured twice now. uncertainty.

5) The d-line improved last season. but we still don't have DTs who muster a consistent pass rush, the DEs play sprint and drift when it comes to pass rush (i.e., inconsistent), carter improved against the run but still gets out muscled. uncertainty.

6) McIntosh will not be full speed until well into the season if he follows a course common to knee injuries. We don't know if Blades is a full timer or not. We don't know if washington will return to form. uncertainty.

7) Our QB has to learn yet another system. uncertainty.

8) To date...we don't have a dominant #1 receiver. We have very athletic, fast, hamstring prone, smallish receivers with the exception of Cooley. uncertainty.

- No. This isn't grade school. It's a busness with a lot of well paid players. The only standrd in the NFL is winning....more specifically, winning the SB. As one athlete in a different sport aptly put it: "second place is for the first loser."

And here's the part of the original post of yours to which I first responded, looks like you were indeed making predictions instead of waiting to see what we do. Practice what you preach.

- my meaning was very clear....this team has not been competitive into the playoffs. They got their arses whooped in Seattle this past season. again......good team...not competitive with the best. not SB material. perhaps we have a problem with semantics here....when I say competitive...I mean able to play toe to toe with the best: win or lose. in my book, this team hasn't been at that elevated station for the last 15 years. at best...they have struggled to even reach the playoffs. they have been good...at times....but never competitive with the top teams. they obviously need to improve the roster to reach beyond the whooping they received last season. until they do so...they aren't competitive with the top tieer teams in my book. that is exactly what I mean. if you believe they are SB material...more power to you. I see them, for a whole variety of reasons not the least of which is all the change (despite the "continuity"), in a rebuild/retooling year. If I am wrong...what a wonderful position for me to be in!

That you are optimistic is a good thing. That you think we are a few pieces away is a good thing, I guess, though I personally believe you are setting yourself up for a grand disappointment. I prefer to wait and see. I have seen enough horse manure from this team over the last 15 years not to approach things with a bit more restraint. I'll buy into the magic once the tricks are actually performed. until then.....

fansince62:

I refuted your "opinions" with my own opinions of where this team is at. I said I felt this team was only a few pieces away, you don't agree, that is fine. However, I am not the one dealing in absolutes like "anyone who thinks this team will be competitive is nuts." Nothing you say about what you meant to say changes the fact you were already pegging this team as uncompetitive before any major moves have been made, and then went on to claim you weren't making predictions. Too bad you can't just own up to, instead of inserting more opinion to didge the question.

The argument really boils down to me believing the team can be competitive, especially with the addition of a few key pieces, and you already claiming they won't be. I don't really care about your opinion on the previous teams, they don't have much to do with this argumwent anyways, as we are talking about the current team. New coaches mean new philosophies, which means we don't know how much or how little this team will represent the teams of old. What we do have is a team that made the playoffs, and you can cry all you want that we had to fight to get to the playoffs as if that somehow makes the season invalid, by rallying together and winning convincingly 4 games in a row against treams that were in the playoff hunt as well, including the Giants in their home. I don't really care how we get to the playoffs, because recent history shows any team in the playoffs has a real chance at making the Superbowl. The fact you are so willing to bash the team for previous mistakes, instead of just looking at the team we have now, shows to me that no matter what happens you are going to find a way to complain.

But keep going with the pathetic "we haven't won a Superbowl recently" argument. Pretend it somehow validates every complaint you have. By this flawed logic, the Seahawks suck, though you didn't hesitate to praise them in comparison to us in the playoff game. The Colts sucked until 2006, the Chargers suck, the Titans suck, etc etc., because they haven't won a Superbowl either. Oh, and I guess the franchises that have never won a Superbowl all suck then too. Of course we all want a Superbowl win, but acting like that is the only measure of a team's greatness is dealing in yet another absolute, and generally the only people who deal in absolutes are the ones who only have biased opinions to offer and can;'t back them up when cornered.

All you want to do is point out negatives and uncertainties with the team, but all those other teams who have turned things around in one year, they all get the benefit of the doubt, but your own team doesn't. Nice. How many people thought we would make the playoffs after the '04 season, or the '06 season? How many thought we could pull 5 in a row, and then 4 in a row in '07? Not many, and I'd bet the farm you were one of the vocal leaders in why we were going to fail those times as well. The Superbowl champion Giants had a lot of uncertainties as well.

I'm glad you finally listed the reasons for your doubt though, but do you really need to pretend you said ALL those things in this thread? The original post of your to which I responded was devoid of any of the reasons/uncertainties you listed. Maybe next time try actually listing them, instead of simply declaring in your post that anyone who thinks the team can be competitive is nuts. Now let's go over your uncertaainties:

1) Yes Zorn is a new coach, I seem to remember Gibbs being a first time head coach and winning a Superbowl (well, I don't actually remember it cuz I was just born, but you get what I'm saying). He didn't inherit a Superbowl winner.

2) New systems do take time, unless your personell is suited to that system. I believe we have the right guys for the WCO, save for a big-bodied WR. That can be filled in the draft or still in free agency. A lot of those teams who implement new systems take awhile because the rosters are more or less scrapped and new players are acquired. We have retained the majority of our roster. I'm not saying the transition will be easy, but I believe the team won't struggle greatly enough in the new system that it will cost them many games. We have the talent.

3) I know Carlos is injured, and for all your whining about me somehow missing your "points" you certainly haven't bothered to read anything I've said in this thread. I even told you we had 4 major areas to address, and that CB was one of them because Los is hurt up. However, we do have Springs and Smoot, and Los will be back at some point in the season. So finding a nickle CB is key, and that can be done in the draft, or in free agency once the market settles. The injury-proneness of our CBs is worrisome, but Smoot and Springs are not garbage at all. Heck, JLC even reported the Eagles were expressing interet in Springs. He may not be around for many years, but he still has good ones left in him, IMO. His performance on the field in '07 backs that up.

4) The O-line has suffered serious injuries in '07. They had none in '06. In '05 the only injury was Thomas near the end of the season because Betts rolled over his leg. I've also stated in this thread we need O-line depth, but that is what the later rounds of the draft are for. But can you wait until April, until after the draft, before announcing this team as being unable to compete this coming season? No, you can't. You can put forth more opinion to divert from this, but I already showed your quote where you claimed it. Just because you later claimed it wasn't true, that we have to wait until June 1st for cuts, doesn't mean you weren't already pronouncing the '08 season as over.

5) Yeah, the D-line does need an addition. But I guess Cerrato constantly mentioning wanting to add a big, 3 technique DT means we won't add to the D-line all of a sudden. A lot of people said we wouldn't be top 10 D in '07 unless we drafted a DE. How right were they?

6) McIntosh's injury is a concern, especially considering the level he played at this past season. However, his timetable, per Tyer, isn't as long as Carlos. Washington should be better this year, when he is healthy he is top notch. Fletcher showed this past season he isn't slowing down soon, and with Washington there, all we need is a LBer with system familiarity to step in until McIntosh is ready to play. Godfrey stepped up well in Rocky's abscence, as well as Blades at times. This type of LBer can bve found in free agency still.

7) Our QB has to learn another system, however he ran a version of the system in college and had his best year ever in it. The QB spot was a little uncertain to begin with, but if if the head coach has confidence in Campbell, then I will to until JC proves otherwise. I am willing to give the benfit of the doubt in this area, but that is because I am a fan who enjoys his team, rather than a fan who comes on to the team site just to apparently complain.

8) Yes, we don't have a dominant #1 WR for the WCO. What makes you think we won't find that receiver?

The funny thing is, you point out all these uncertainties, then use them as reasons why we won't be competitive next year. You never once bothered to consider what this team might do to address those areas, instead assuming the worst, that we won't do anything, and we have somehow backed ouyrselves into a corner financially, eventhough we had the same amount of cap space last year.

You have this year's Superbowl winner as direct evidence as to why you shouldn't count this team out, but you'd rather just assume the worst of our team, eventhough they are making changes many have clamored for in the past, including you. The Giants had a new system on D, and did struggle with at first before turning things around. They had an excellent draft, but had a change in philosophy on O because of Tiki retiring. We have a new offensive system, but are staying the same, relatively, on D. We are looking to the draft to fill several holes. The Giants were coming off a playoff season in which they snuck in by winning the last couple games. We are doing the same this year. The Giants can succeed, but under similar circumstances, we have no chance and anyone who thinks so is nuts. Whatever.

I don't know if it's just me, but I am seeing way too many "Let's get (Fill in the name of some big name WR)" posts in this forum. Haven't we been trying that approach for 5-6 years? It hasn't worked and I am so happy that we have tried a new technique. It's absolutely rediculous how many people bash Dan Snyder for wanting to play fantasy football, but when we try a more conservative approach, everyone freaks out about how overly-cautious we are being.

Let's be honest, this team has not seriously competed in the NFC for almost a decade, and every offseason, we sign the huge name FA's and have rediculous expectations and when people realize that this is not a video game or fantasy football, that chemistry actually matters, everyone feels that we should go out and buy some more players. It's time for a different approach and it dizzies me when people are freaking out about whether or not we will trade for Chad or sign Randy Moss. Have you not learned? Look at all the premiere franchises in the NFL, the Colts, the Patriots, the Chargers. Have you heard anything from them in the free agency period over the past three or four years? NO! Besides the 07 FA period for the Patriots, every really sucessful team builds through the draft. And don't say that acquiring Randy Moss was a marquee pickup. They got him for a fourth rounder. Look at all the players that they discover in the draft. Never do they go on spending splurges, and every year we see them in the playoffs while we are watching at home. It's time for a change and I am happy to see that the Redskins organization has realized it.

I just gave it 3 stars because apparently all those who read it weren't that impressed. Haha! Prior to my vote, it had rec'd ZERO votes. At least I got a whopping 1 star rating for this 250+ reply beast of a thread!

:cheers:

The star rating system wasn't installed when I created that thread.

And it doesn't matter about impressing people, if you read my first post in the link you will see I was dead on with all but one point. I saw the talent we had accrued, and I believed in their potential. I simply pointed it out because the guy I was arguing with says I have never made a convincing argument in my life. I also pointed out there were several posters who responded in agreement to my responses to him.

1 star is the lowest you can go. :silly:

Archived