Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You guys wanted this, now you got it!!

#21Taylor4Ever

I think what he's trying to say guys is that NOTHING is happening....last year we had a "quiet" offseason but we still were signing some key players...Smoot and Fletcher...i agree with him, I'd like to see us sign someone of worth right now. No overpaying for a HUGE name just a couple solid signs.

BINGO!

We signed guys like Smoot and Fletcher but didnt go overboard.

I think some people are a bit confused as to what we need. We dont need JUST depth, we actually need a starting DE, another CB, and a #2 WR. We should've at least found a way to get Justin Smith.

Wait it out and we'll be signing leftovers.

Been talking about this for a few days here

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240286

As more time passes and we do NOTHING because we have no money to spend because of the way we've treated the cap in the previous years people are going to come around to the fact we are currently in CAP HELL. We can not make any moves without hurting ourselves in future years and we are sitting by watching our competition get better. The signing of Zorn makes more sense to me now then it did in January. The front office knew they were going to be stuck doing nothing this season and I'd bet next as well so they hired an unknown head coach to act as a fall guy. With the unknown coach you've got a fall guy in place so that when we are out of cap hell the next coach won't be dealing with these problems. If the unknown coach fails then you blame shift from the real problem of the team screwing up the cap for years to the idea that the coach was no good. Manipulation of the fans at its best

I know. :laugh:

The F.O. can't win with them. The whiners on this board just simply want to complain no matter what Cerrato does.

We're whining because we want the holes addressed? LOL!

And you're right about the F.O and winning....if we dont address DE, CB, and WR via free agency or with #21 and that 2nd rounder, we wont win.

Whiners he says. :applause:

When we sign a depth player or two, they're not going to know what to complain about. :laugh:

If we only sign a depth player or two, Im 100% certain YOU will join in on the complaining. :D

We dont need depth MORE then we need a starting DE, #2 WR, CB, and OLinemen. We may be able to get Sweet @ 21 or possibly something in round 2 for OLine or DE.

We dont need to get crazy with free agents, but we definitely need some "Fletcher and Smoot" type of signings before the draft.

BINGO!

We signed guys like Smoot and Fletcher but didnt go overboard.

I think some people are a bit confused as to what we need. We dont need JUST depth, we actually need a starting DE, another CB, and a #2 WR. We should've at least found a way to get Justin Smith.

Wait it out and we'll be signing leftovers.

As I posted earleir, last year Fletcher & Smoot wern't signed till the 3rd & 4th of March.

and is Justin Smith worth a six-year, $45 million contract that included $20 million in guarantees ??

As I posted earleir, last year Fletcher & Smoot wern't signed till the 3rd & 4th of March.

and is Justin Smith worth a six-year, $45 million contract that included $20 million in guarantees ??

Take a peek at those guys that remain. Do you see any "Fletcher-like" guys @ DE?

And Smith is a hard one to judge. He had a down year last season, but has been pretty fierce every year since he was drafted.

Maybe we find a way to trade for Roy Williams and we can draft a DE @21.

We're whining because we want the holes addressed? LOL!

And you're right about the F.O and winning....if we dont address DE, CB, and WR via free agency or with #21 and that 2nd rounder, we wont win.

Whiners he says. :applause:

So says you with all your coaching experience and time in the NFL? :rolleyes:

Look at your post I quoted... you are ****ing about the draft, and it hasn't even happened yet. :laugh:

As I said.... WHINERS!

I hate the fact that when we go after a big name player people say "Oh here we go again, the Redskins trying to buy a Super Bowl" but, when the Eagles signed Samuel everyone is ok with it, their not trying to buy one! Some people just get on my nerves!

We need to be active and at least fill some holes, I wanted Berrian personally and he just signed a 6 year deal with the Vikings, this blows, chances of us gettin' a Moss or someone that big is highly unlikely, maybe we can fill a lb position with Briggs who knows!

Great points made by the OP, but this thread definitely shows how people simply cant critical think or understand the OP. They just bash based on the title of the thread.

He made NO POINTS... he just complained that we aren't doing anything in FA.

Which is what I thought everybody wanted. Be careful what you wish for, "genius".

It may be best for one year of silence to scale back the bloated payroll and slow up the signings to let our payroll naturally fall under the cap. I'd like to see us sign or draft at least one WR that's 6'1" or taller and draft some D, but we don't need to be diving in head first signing ridiculous contracts for the purpose of outbidding everyone else because we know no one else will offer that much

So says you with all your coaching experience and time in the NFL? :rolleyes:

Look at your post I quoted... you are ****ing about the draft, and it hasn't even happened yet. :laugh:

As I said.... WHINERS!

You dont have to be an NFL coach to know that Daniels is a horrible DE, ARE is not a #2 WR, or that Springs and Smoot will not last long enough to where we dont need another CB.

And there's no ****ing anywhere in my posts, so just keep that term to yourself.

I guess putting whiners in ALL CAPS makes it so. Nope....sure doesnt.

Which is what I thought everybody wanted. Be careful what you wish for, "genius".

Ya there is a difference between binging in FA and being smart in FA and bringin in underrated guys that maybe relatively cheap.

What people want here, is that we dont use FA excessively and build our core thru FA. Use the draft for that and complement that with FA. We have a relatively full draft this year and a couple of signings in the next upcoming weeks may prove that this was a successful offseason

I am worried that you cannot see the point I've made. Before you post another reply full of insults and nothing constructive, go back and read what I said again.

There's one of you guys in every thread....:doh:

Take a peek at those guys that remain. Do you see any "Fletcher-like" guys @ DE?

And Smith is a hard one to judge. He had a down year last season, but has been pretty fierce every year since he was drafted.

Maybe we find a way to trade for Roy Williams and we can draft a DE @21.

was there anyone WORTH pursuing who would demand a big contract? - I wouldn't have minded an upgrade at DE with Smith, but not for the amount he signed for.

You dont have to be an NFL coach to know that Daniels is a horrible DE, ARE is not a #2 WR, or that Springs and Smoot will not last long enough to where we dont need another CB.

And there's no ****ing anywhere in my posts, so just keep that term to yourself.

I guess putting whiners in ALL CAPS makes it so. Nope....sure doesnt.

Your post sounds personal... you taking the exsistence of these players on the Redskins personally? :laugh:

You shouldn't.

And I know I am going to trust an NFL coach's view more than some anomynous internet poster.

You and the other whiners on this board are ****ing, whether you like the term or not.

You are probably part of the same group that ****es even after the Redskins win their game on Sunday afternoon.

There is no pleasing you.

Archived