Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I wrong for not being sad Saunders is gone?

DWinzit

I know it means a new playbook, scheme etc...But seriously I never bought into Saunders complicated system and I never felt the team did.

I am excited to see the WCO in DC!

I am thrilled continuity was kept on the defensive side. I can only hope the CB's will be asked to play closer to the line and a more consistent aggressive style is implemented.

I dont think his scheme worked anywhere as of yet. He didnt call plays in St. Lou when he was there. KC never really went anywhere. We looked better then we did when Gibbs was calling the plays> and Gibbs still call some plays and we looked stale when we really needed to make moves.

Although we made it to the post season, it wont be a big loss unless JC cant catch on to the (NEW) system

give JC a wristband ala Palmer and Brady for year 1 under Zorn and it will go smoother.

Interesting point. Been a while since we've seen a Redskin with one of those wrist bands.

One might think it's because Gibbs is old school and against them, but I don't recall any Spurrier guys wearing them.

I always loved Sonny and Sam talking about how lame they are and if a player was wearing one in their day they would yank it off after a tackle. :)

As much as I wanted to see Jason's progress in the Saunders offense after one full year, I think we've seen around the league that an offense doesn't have to be complicated in order to be successful. Saunders should make good things happen in St. Louis, while I'm confident we should see big things from Jason in the WCO.

So no, I'm not really sad afterall from Saunders' departure.

I dont think his scheme worked anywhere as of yet. He didnt call plays in St. Lou when he was there. KC never really went anywhere. We looked better then we did when Gibbs was calling the plays> and Gibbs still call some plays and we looked stale when we really needed to make moves.

Although we made it to the post season, it wont be a big loss unless JC cant catch on to the (NEW) system

Naw man, KC was rediculous when he was calling the plays. Do you remember Priest Holmes and Tony Gonzalez. They were absolutely rediculous for a couple of years.

Actually, I wanted to see J.C.'s progression continue under Saunders offense next year.... especially after seeing what T.C. did over the last four games of the regular season.... Like it or not, a complicated offensive playbook does take time to learn and execute. Yeah... Yeah... blast me if you need to.

Even if the new W.C. offensive scheme fits J.C.'s skill set, unfortunately - I don't think we will see very effective results on the field until the end of the 2008 season or begining of 2009....

I'm hoping for great results as early as possible, but totally switching your offensive scheme will unfortunately take some time.... Simply put...

Again, I'm hoping and believe the change will eventually be good! But we play in a very tough division & results will simply take time! - Hopefully sooner than later.

Here's to hoping that I'm incorrect w/ the time it takes to see significant offensive improvement:cheers:

Everyone is glad hes gone now, but when TC stepped in everyone was saying "Look how good Saunders offense is with a QB that knows the whole play book"

Exactly...we were averaging 26 points per game when Collins took over, and we were actually BUILDING on halftime leads with ease. Let's face it, Collins knew the scheme much better, and had a much quicker release than JC did. If Campbell could have learned Saunders' offense as well as Collins, and if his release was a little quicker, he and the offense would have made Collins' four-game performance look like a mere warm-up.

With all that given, though, I'm not sad Saunders is gone...I'm not sad Williams is gone, really.

Everyone is glad hes gone now, but when TC stepped in everyone was saying "Look how good Saunders offense is with a QB that knows the whole play book"
i was glad he did well, however i knew something like the Seahawks game would happen, against a pass rush it doesn't matter how well you know a playbook when you are a zombie in the pocket...he is a decent number 2 thats all

Like many others here, I have long been of the mind set that Collins should have been our day one starter, and that Joe Gibbs should stayed far away from Saunders' turf.

Gibbs was an offensive genius once upon a time and I completely respect everything he accomplished. I loved watching Gibbs manage a game in his first stint. He was ruthless. I still remember Glanville talking about how Gibbs or the 'Skins reached in and pulled the Falcons' soul out.

But those days changed. Gibbs hired Saunders to run the show and then constantly prevented him from doing what he wanted to do - which, as we saw in KC, was awesome. I mean, record-setting awesome.

I'm not at all happy Saunders is gone. I thought a third year in this system, and with the hand-cuffs gone, and with everyone having seen exactly what the offense could do, in DC, with Collins - all led to a very positive 2008. I really thought we could dominate some teams next season. And maybe we still will. I'm excited for Zorn and happy he is on-board. But Saunders was the real deal for me. It's sad to see him go to St. Louis, especially since he's going to have some great success there. :\

Archived