Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBA Dunk Contest...

Kosher Ham

NBA is three quarters of meaningless ball and one quarter that matters. Not sure NBA is exciting as the Jordan years, it is what it is.

Not in the playoffs :D .

But in the regular season for the most part yes.

--------

Oh come on, baseball is sooo boring. Half the game is spent watching the pitcher wind up, the batter get ready and throwing to first to prevent a steal...

Baseball gets good in the playoffs just like the NBA except there is nothing like the last few seconds of a close rivalry or playoff basketball game waiting for your elite player to make his move and shot. Arenas said it best "the moves I make, are my DNA". Football as we all know, is what's up. One play can change a game.

well no crap. But u have to play all 4 quarters. no lead is safe in the NBA. the wizards give up a lead of 23 to the warriors. it happens all the time. you have to play all 4 quarters to win

NBA is back when we have stars.

Lebron and Kobe don't equal guys like Magic, Bird, Jordan. Sorry.

In 10 years Kobe and LeBron will be compared to those guys and if LeBron wins rings it'll be valid comparisons.

Think, he is only 22 and averages 31 7 and 7.

But I mean those are probably the three best players ever so yeah.

well i'd rather watch any MLB game or college game over alot of NBA games unless i happen to see a maryland player playing. we all have our preferences.

See below...

i like all sports, but i'd wather watch college basketball over NBA. i like to watch players pass more i guess.

You already answered. But MLB is more exciting than any NBA game about 5 times per year. College basketball is great but the lack of talent is sometimes frustating. Talent isn't the main problem in the NBA, although it does lack sometimes, when guys like Hansborough (sp?) etc., are so overhyped and get drafted.

No stars ? Kobe, LeBron, Nash, Garnett, Wade, Shaq, Hamilton, Arenas, Dirk, Bosh, Davis, Carter, Kidd, Duncan, Howard, Iverson, Anthony, Yao, Green, etc.

Don't get me wrong there will never be another Dream Team (for me, because I loved those original players). But there are plenty of players in todays NBA that are stars and great players in their own right and could compete on the court with those guys.

BTW - 2K, I will give you an answer but I needed to get to these first.

he deserves to win but this dunk was alright
Hopefully it's a setup for next year ... I want to see that mini-basket at the top of the backboard.

Dwight Howard's performance tonight was just insane ... jumping behind the backboard and tapping it to himself off the backboard were two of the most impressive dunks I've seen, and the Superman just looked incredibly cool.

Gerald Green's cupcake dunk was pretty cool, but he should have kept going with that ... first, you blow out the candle; next, you grab the cupake and take a bite on the way down; third, you hold a lighter in your left hand and try to light the candle; for the big finale, you jump through three flaming rings holding a cupcake and after it ignites on the way up, you leave it sitting on the rim. :wish:

See below...

You already answered. But MLB is more exciting than any NBA game about 5 times per year. College basketball is great but the lack of talent is sometimes frustating. Talent isn't the main problem in the NBA, although it does lack sometimes, when guys like Hansborough (sp?) etc., are so overhyped and get drafted.

baseball was my first love as a sport and i'll always love watching it. every season, i try to get into the NBA, but for some reason, i just can't. i even tried joining a fantasy league this season, but that's not helping either. don't get me wrong though, if there's nothing else on, i'll be watching some NBA, but it's just not my first choice.

NBA haters are so off point it's not even funny. They just repeat whatever bull**** they hear and hardly any of it is grounded in any sort of reality. It's one thing to just not like basketball. It's another thing to say you don't like the NBA for a bunch of bull**** reasons.

But whatever, I think the NBA is awesome. More talent then EVER. I'll enjoy watching it by myself.

The last dunk was even better. taps it to himself in the air...

Are you kidding. That was sweet.

Yeah that dunk should have been called the "Pinball". That was incredible how he tapped it off the board and then dunked it with his other hand. And the Superman dunk was aweseome too. But my only problem with it was, is that really considered a "dunk"? I mean, like you said, he "threw" it in and didn't actually dunk it. And I also loved the Green dunk where he blew out the candle. Wow. The creativity in this contest was second to none. Very enjoyable stuff. And im not one that usually watches the All Star festivities.

And the Superman dunk was aweseome too. But my only problem with it was, is that really considered a "dunk"? I mean, like you said, he "threw" it in and didn't actually dunk it.

What do you classify that as? The man got high enough to throw the ball downward into the basket a from few feet away. I mean, it essentially met all the qualifications of a dunk without having his hand actually touch the rim.

What do you classify that as? The man got high enough to throw the ball downward into the basket a from few feet away. I mean, it essentially met all the qualifications of a dunk without having his hand actually touch the rim.

No, man. I think you took my comment the wrong way. The dunk was INSANE! I loved it. Thought it was definitely one of the best moments ever in the dunk contest. I was just asking if that is really considered a "dunk", since like you said, he never even touched the rim.

Slam dunk champ means nothing when all is said and done. Same as a Pro-Bowl MVP.

I think Pro Bowl MVP probably means more, actually. At least that guy played in some kind of game to get his title.

The NFL equivalent of the slam dunk contest would be a Diving Uncontested Into The End Zone contest. Or maybe a Returning A Kickoff For A Touchdown With Nobody Else On The Field contest. Or a Lambeau Leap Competition.

Even Punt, Pass & Kick requires at least three skills.

Dunk contest = Home Run Derby with far fewer pitches. It requires lots of talent, but then again, so does bagpiping.

But people seem to like it... :whoknows:

Archived