Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBA Dunk Contest...

Kosher Ham

I think Pro Bowl MVP probably means more, actually. At least that guy played in some kind of game to get his title.

The NFL equivalent of the slam dunk contest would be a Diving Uncontested Into The End Zone contest. Or maybe a Returning A Kickoff For A Touchdown With Nobody Else On The Field contest. Or a Lambeau Leap Competition.

Even Punt, Pass & Kick requires at least three skills.

Dunk contest = Home Run Derby with far fewer pitches. It requires lots of talent, but then again, so does bagpiping.

But people seem to like it... :whoknows:

Name a single Pro Bowl moment or Pro Bowl MVP that anyone remembers? I know I can't name a single Pro Bowl MVP and the only Pro Bowl moment I remember is ST blowing up the punter.

People have tons of memories when it comes to the dunk contest. From Jordan taking off from the foul line to little Spud Webb's 360 to Dwight Howard's sticker dunk last year. There's more to it then just running into the endzone. It's a display of athleticism combined with imagination. It makes people go wow. The Pro Bowl just makes people go to sleep.

Name a single Pro Bowl moment or Pro Bowl MVP that anyone remembers? I know I can't name a single Pro Bowl MVP and the only Pro Bowl moment I remember is ST blowing up the punter.

People have tons of memories when it comes to the dunk contest. From Jordan taking off from the foul line to little Spud Webb's 360 to Dwight Howard's sticker dunk last year. There's more to it then just running into the endzone. It's a display of athleticism combined with imagination. It makes people go wow. The Pro Bowl just makes people go to sleep.

So what you're saying is, the Pro Bowl really isn't anything like the dunk contest.

Nice to see that we agree. Thanks for that. Did you read my post? :whoknows:

By the way, you're giving short shrift to the awesome concept that is the NFL Running Uncontested Into The Endzone Contest. You can do flips across the goal line, leap over tables, throw a long pass to yourself, bounce the ball off the upright, or tip-toe down the sideline while blindfolded. Of course, a real test of skill would be to see who can dive uncontested into the end zone from the 5 yard line.

You could even balance a cupcake on the orange pylon and blow it out as you dive across the corner of the goal line. Or swipe out the pylon with the ball, blow out the candle as it falls to the ground, catch the cupcake in one hand and just get the nose of the ball across the plane as you fall out of bounds with nobody around you.

If that makes you "go to sleep," you need to get a friend to drive you to the narcolepsy clinic.

Pro Bowl is a joke.

The NBA dunk contest is a staple of All Star Weekend. People remember the dunks by JRich, Vince, the battles between MJ and Nique

Actually, the dunk contest in recent years had became boring to most people. Same repeated dunks. No creativity. Last night wasn't like that. It was really enjoyable to watch. But I still think all the all star festivities are mostly a joke. Same with the Pro Bowl. And even the MLB All Star game. These days I rarely watch much of them, if at all.

So what you're saying is, the Pro Bowl really isn't anything like the dunk contest.

Nice to see that we agree. Thanks for that. Did you read my post? :whoknows:

Reading comprehension is your friend. You said the Pro Bowl is better. I'm saying it's not.

And your diving into the endzone fantasy game is lame.

Reading comprehension is your friend. You said the Pro Bowl is better. I'm saying it's not.

Apparently, reading comprehension is not your friend. ;)

Here's the quote:

Slam dunk champ means nothing when all is said and done. Same as a Pro-Bowl MVP.

I think Pro Bowl MVP probably means more, actually. At least that guy played in some kind of game to get his title.

Nowhere did anyone claim that the Pro Bowl is "better." All I said was that you do have to actually play a game to win the (relatively meaningless) Pro Bowl MVP award. And that's true. It takes more than a half-second of action to win Pro Bowl MVP.

And your diving into the endzone fantasy game is lame.

I agree. That was the point. Surely you picked up on the fact that it wasn't a serious suggestion.

Out of curiosity, why do you think it's lame? I have my own list of reasons, which were the entire point. But I'm interested in hearing yours first.

There's no room in a man's sport for pink cupcakes, by the way. :D

Archived