Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Albert the Skins need you.....

Samuels

Looks like Albert has elevated himself in the combine, he was already pretty high up there. May be out of our reach.

If some teams views him has a LT he will likely go before #21. If someone likes the other tackle prospects better he might be available at #21. He would be a huge upgrade for our run game. We seriously need a mauler to run behind in short yardage and in the redzone we truly lack that ability to finish. Alan Faneca would be a bigtime upgrade but he will cost alot and is 31.

I just get this feeling thru some recent articules that the redskins seem content with our average o-line despite its age. They will look to add depth later in the draft if thats the case i hope they look hard at Andrew Crummey another local MD player who looks like a good prospect. Some say he can play center but i personally never reviewed a game with him at center.

Doesn't matter how great he looks at the combine, unless somebody wants him as a Tackle. The greatest guard in the world won't go before #21. Of coarse I could be wrong. TEs seem to go higher now adays.

Actually a stud OG can go pretty high. Hutchinson went #16 i believe and Albert has the ability to play LT he has spot started at LT 4-5 games and performed very well. He could have been a top 5 pick if he played LT his whole career he is very athletic and a supreme passblocker. D'brickshaw Ferguson went #2 overall and being a UVA fan, Albert is alot better o-lineman.

absolutely, long de from uva said he's the best guard he's ever seen blocking in space. he can also play tackle, even if we have to trade up we need to get this guy. our o-line is very good when healthy. problem is they haven't been very healthy the last 3 years. and the odds of staying so go down as you get older. we need to start getting replacements now. it's long over due. and this draft is widely thought of as the deepest in line talent in a long time. if we play if right we can get 2 guards and a left tackle, possibly a center then we can watch them mature. it's time.heyer is our rt of the future.

Are the #3/4/5 tackles generally considered to be better at LT than Albert has shown?

I think the general concensus is that tackles have a higher "value" so they are most often picked before guards.. plus good ones are much harder to come by. I think the big thing is that the LT's in the draft have much more exp. in the position then Albert, so hopefully teams will go with the "safe" picks at tackle.

One other thing I thought i'd mention,

This guy could be for us like Larry Allen was for the cowboys..

How do you think Emmitt scored all those TD's? :D

Actually a stud OG can go pretty high. Hutchinson went #16 i believe and Albert has the ability to play LT he has spot started at LT 4-5 games and performed very well. He could have been a top 5 pick if he played LT his whole career he is very athletic and a supreme passblocker. D'brickshaw Ferguson went #2 overall and being a UVA fan, Albert is alot better o-lineman.

Hutch went #17 in the 2001 draft and that is the highest any Guard has gone in the last 10 years. He was also a 4 time 1st team All-Big Ten and 2 time 1st team All-American. While Albert certainly looks like a good prospect he has nowhere near the accolades and elite status that Hutch had when he was drafted. And I doubt that teams will see him as a Tackle or a Guard/Tackle; more like a Guard who has had some experience playing Tackle. It isn't like he alternated in and out between positions every game. Most NFL teams will be drafting him as a Guard and depending on what they see and what they need maybe try him at Tackle down the road.

Trading down at 21 then drafting Brandon would be the shiz. We could pick up another lineman in the process. Trade the 21 for Brandon and another lineman as well.

He won't be there if we trade down, he will be a 1st Round pick and will be gone by pick 25 or 28 I almost guarantee it.

Hutch went #17 in the 2001 draft and that is the highest any Guard has gone in the last 10 years. He was also a 4 time 1st team All-Big Ten and 2 time 1st team All-American. While Albert certainly looks like a good prospect he has nowhere near the accolades and elite status that Hutch had when he was drafted. And I doubt that teams will see him as a Tackle or a Guard/Tackle; more like a Guard who has had some experience playing Tackle. It isn't like he alternated in and out between positions every game. Most NFL teams will be drafting him as a Guard and depending on what they see and what they need maybe try him at Tackle down the road.

Hutch was more well known on the national scene has well especially playing at Michigan who churn out OL. Hutch was a all out mauler and overpowering OG. Albert has a nasty streak has well but he is much better in space and has a pass protector then Hutch was. Albert will be a stud when Mayock broke him down he said he could'nt find 1 play where he was clearly beaten in pass protection. He went on to say he has never seen a guy that good in space who does'nt just put a hat on you he mauls you.

Of course i already knew that having watched him for 3 straight years. This guy did'nt start playing football till his junior in HS. He was a dominating HS basketball player in MD from what i've read. He is only 21 and his ceiling is unlimited. When you see a guy 30-40 yards downfield making devasting blocks on screen plays it really stands out.

This guy is a true throwback Redskin lineman who can make a huge impact on this football team in the short and longterm.

Hutch was more well known on the national scene has well especially playing at Michigan who churn out OL. Hutch was a all out mauler and overpowering OG. Albert has a nasty streak has well but he is much better in space and has a pass protector then Hutch was. Albert will be a stud when Mayock broke him down he said he could'nt find 1 play where he was clearly beaten in pass protection. He went on to say he has never seen a guy that good in space who does'nt just put a hat on you he mauls you.

Of course i already knew that having watched him for 3 straight years. This guy did'nt start playing football till his junior in HS. He was a dominating HS basketball player in MD from what i've read. He is only 21 and his ceiling is unlimited. When you see a guy 30-40 yards downfield making devasting blocks on screen plays it really stands out.

This guy is a true throwback Redskin lineman who can make a huge impact on this football team in the short and longterm.

please send that to zorn and danny boy asap.

we GOTTA do this. seriously, the more you talk about this guy the more a man crush developes.

Hutch was more well known on the national scene has well especially playing at Michigan who churn out OL. Hutch was a all out mauler and overpowering OG. Albert has a nasty streak has well but he is much better in space and has a pass protector then Hutch was.

How are you making this comparison? Did you watch Hutch's college career as well?

How are you making this comparison? Did you watch Hutch's college career as well?

Actually i loved Hutch if you were ever on the mouthoff forums a few years back you would remember. I'm not saying Albert is better then Hutch was they are 2 totally different kinds of guards. Hutch was just a mauler he would just bury you inline. He was a very good pass protector. Hutch is the best OG in football or atleast top 2 with Faneca.

Albert dominates in a different way then Hutch. Albert constantly pulls and is on the move all game. Albert puts people on thier back at the 2nd level and has a great knack of always being out in front of the runner. According to Al Groh himself Albert coulda been a great LT but he was to important to the UVA run game at guard. Albert is the real deal he might not be the inline mauler Hutch was but he is a probowl guard in the making and a 10-12 year mainstay.

If this FO and coaching staff have good sense they won't overlook this kid thinking what we have is good enough. Why not be dominating, why not be great? Give CP the horses upfront.

We have good players on our o-line but they don't consistently get the job done even when healthy. We've had problems in short yardage for years. CP should'nt be averaging 4.0 ypc

Heard Vinny say today they are looking to upgrade the o-line thru the draft hopefully they are looking to draft the best upgrade possible.

The Washington Redskins with the 21st selection in the 2008 NFL draft select Branden Albert OG from the University of Virginia.. :notworthy

I think i'll go thru the roof.

Heard Vinny say today they are looking to upgrade the o-line thru the draft hopefully they are looking to draft the best upgrade possible.

The Washington Redskins with the 21st selection in the 2008 NFL draft select Branden Albert OG from the University of Virginia.. :notworthy

I think i'll go thru the roof.

Would be the best pick we could make at our 21st pick, hands down. He's the best OG in the country/draft and we need help at the position. He can also play OT. It's a no brainer, really.

Archived