Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Albert the Skins need you.....

Samuels

Yeah, he was dependable. What have we given him to work with with since he has been here besides Dockery? Fabini is a cheap, castoff patch. Wade is average at best and should be easily replaceable by a 3rd rounder at a fraction of Wades cost (after a year under Buges). We were lucky to find Kendall, who did a good job for us considering his age and knees. If it was our own young guy, we might have opened the door to a new HOF career. Not many get to the pro bowl, but I guarantee you Kendall will never go.

Buges is another Redskin misused/misplayed. Let Buges do his stuff and build us a set of hogs.

I don't care who you are, you can't turn water into wine. He has to have something to work with.

We need a young stud on the o-line a sure fire can't miss. Not a 3rd,4th,5th round guy who is a developmental crapshoot.

Give me Albert that is the only o-lineman we need this offseason. That will give us a great backup in Kendall who can play either guard spot and can play center even though its not his favorites. Another young guy in Heyer to backup at the tackles and seriously challenge Jansen. That is quality guys coming off the bench in case of injuries which has riddled 2 of our last 4 seasons..

For every Heyer you find you will find a Mark Wilson,Molinara etc..

Just take the sure thing he is 21 and has a bright future dominating.

I don't care who you are, you can't turn water into wine. He has to have something to work with.

We need a young stud on the o-line a sure fire can't miss. Not a 3rd,4th,5th round guy who is a developmental crapshoot.

Give me Albert that is the only o-lineman we need this offseason. That will give us a great backup in Kendall who can play either guard spot and can play center even though its not his favorites. Another young guy in Heyer to backup at the tackles and seriously challenge Jansen. That is quality guys coming off the bench in case of injuries which has riddled 2 of our last 4 seasons..

For every Heyer you find you will find a Mark Wilson,Molinara etc..

Just take the sure thing he is 21 and has a bright future dominating.

Here I disagree with you. Heyer walks in off the street. He wasn't a Vinny guy. Bugel sees this kid and gets him starting in the NFL. Imagine what he could do if we let him do a little midround shopping for his raw product. He's had Dockery to work with. That's it. We are wasting Buges, and he won't be around forever.

Here I disagree with you. Heyer walks in off the street. He wasn't a Vinny guy. Bugel sees this kid and gets him starting in the NFL. Imagine what he could do if we let him do a little midround shopping for his raw product. He's had Dockery to work with. That's it. We are wasting Buges, and he won't be around forever.

Heyer was a very highly rated player entering his last year at MD. He fell for reasons beyond his play. And i'm sure lil Danny knew all about him being a huge UMD fan.

Have you ever heard of Jim Molinara or how about Mark Wilson?

Buges drafted both guys and pumped them up bigtime after the draft. I don't care who you are you gotta have the players.

You think Bugel made Jacoby,Grimm,Bostic,Lachey,Simmons,McKenzie,Brown??

He got them playing has a unit but all those guys woulda been good o-linemen anywhere and most were at other stops.

What kinda great o-lines or o-lineman did Buges put together in Arizona? how about Oakland?

I can answer if you'd like. I like Buges but he can't work magic, if he could we would'nt struggle in short yardage his whole tenure and would have some sorta run game to lean on.

Coaches get to much credit, its the players who win games.

i disagree. buges is a great o line coach... one of the best.

every other team who lost as many starters as us tanked really really badly (ravens and rams), while we made the playoffs.

Did you see anything i wrote that said Buges was'nt a great coach?

I think Buges is a fine coach but just has i said earlier you need the players. Buges and JG are'nt miracle workers those teams from the 80's were stacked on the o-line the backups coulda started for alot of teams. They ran the same plays over and over because teams could'nt stop it because they had a great o-line.

Hopefully the FO addresses this issue.

Hopefully Zorn remembers losing Hutchinson and what that did to Alexander and the Seattle run game. Alexander went from breaking records to everybody saying he is washed up.

If you can run the ball effectively you will win alot of games,period.

What kinda great o-lines or o-lineman did Buges put together in Arizona? how about Oakland?

My claim was Joe Bugel is one of the best ever line coaches, not head coaches. His skills didn't translate well to head coaching. Theisman turned out to be a pretty lousy punter too. Jobs aren't always interchangable.
I can answer if you'd like. I like Buges but he can't work magic, if he could we would'nt struggle in short yardage his whole tenure and would have some sorta run game to lean on.

Buges wasn't calling the plays sending a 215 RB into the stacked box with a patchwork line. He has inherited a bunch of older guys who need very little coaching and will not develop into much more than they already are. Don't look for Samuels, Thomas, Jansen, or Kendall to get any better than they are right now no matter the coaching. They are all in or facing decline.

Like I said, Buges is being wasted.

i was trying to emphasize that he is an o line coach... in response to his past failures with his head coaching gigs.

im saying that he is as just as good as advertised because frankly teams dont make it into the playoffs with as many injuries as we had on the arguably the most vital part of our line. its a miracle that portis was still a top 5 rb this year. i really think hes that good.

but for next year

with albert, kendall, jansen, thomas, samuels, and rabach, along with fabini and alexander, buges has enough talent to work the sb type magic, as long as they stay healthy... speaking of which, isnt snyder hiring someone(s) or some place to help with the injurys (esp hammys and such)?

I would love us to take Brandon Albert. With the steve hutchinson comparison I'm excited for portis to have a huge year like shawn alexander used to enjoy and like adrian peterson had last year. His height is about 2 inches shorter than most people had him listed at and that is a good thing for an interior lineman. If we could possibly draft him at 21 and trade up in the 2nd to grab calais campbell/phillip merling/lawrence jackson then I think that would be the perfect draft.

I would love us to take Brandon Albert. With the steve hutchinson comparison I'm excited for portis to have a huge year like shawn alexander used to enjoy and like adrian peterson had last year. His height is about 2 inches shorter than most people had him listed at and that is a good thing for an interior lineman. If we could possibly draft him at 21 and trade up in the 2nd to grab calais campbell/phillip merling/lawrence jackson then I think that would be the perfect draft.

I'm hoping my ideal offseason.

free agents

DJ Hackett Wr

Drayton Florence CB

Vet safety to push Doughty

vet LB added depth

Draft

rd 1-Branden Albert OG

rd 2-Trevor Laws DT

rd 3-Owen Schmidt FB

rd 4-Erik Ainge QB

rd 5- Best available DE

rd 6-Tom Santi TE

rd 7- Ike Don't even wanna try to spell- CB Wisconsin

Why couldn't we trade draft picks for a guy like this instead of Lyold and Duckett I'll never understand. LOL We need this guy though. Seriously. Quit paying top dollar for WR and DB and get some guys like this on the line and we'll run in the endzone,

Danny get some OL and DL and watch us win.

Why vcouldn't we trade draft picks for a guy like this instead of Lyold and Duckett I'll never understand. LOL We need this guy though. Seroiusly. Quit paying top dollar for WR and DB and get some guys like this on the line and we'll run in the endzone,

Danny get some OL and DL and watch us win.

AMEN, to that...

Real Redskin football is making that defense stack the box and still running on them, damn i miss the glory days where our o-line dominated.

For us to give CP 50 million then nowhere to run is beyond me.

I'd be thrilled if the skins took this guy @ 21, then take BPA in round 2 for DE/DT. Sadly, this probably wont be the case. There is always a possibility the skins could trade down a few spots, land an extra pick and still get albert late lst, early 2nd.

What do you guys think the odds of this happening are? I know there are teams picking below us who desperately want one of the upper echelon DL/WR types that will still be on the board at 21..

thoughts?

I'd be thrilled if the skins took this guy @ 21, then take BPA in round 2 for DE/DT. Sadly, this probably wont be the case. There is always a possibility the skins could trade down a few spots, land an extra pick and still get albert late lst, early 2nd.

What do you guys think the odds of this happening are? I know there are teams picking below us who desperately want one of the upper echelon DL/WR types that will still be on the board at 21..

thoughts?

Alberts ability to play LT likely elevates his value you more. Most people have Albert solidly in thier top 20. We will be very lucky if he is available to us at #21. I'm just scared the people making the decisions are'nt smart enough to draft him.

AMEN, to that...

Real Redskin football is making that defense stack the box and still running on them, damn i miss the glory days where our o-line dominated.

For us to give CP 50 million then nowhere to run is beyond me.

beau, you see CC 40 time? average play + average numbers:doh: please dear god stay away from this kid

Alberts ability to play LT likely elevates his value you more. Most people have Albert solidly in thier top 20. We will be very lucky if he is available to us at #21. I'm just scared the people making the decisions are'nt smart enough to draft him.

Yeah, you're probably right. Im praying he's available at 21. It seems that most teams are hesisitant to spend a high 1st rounder on a guard, so hopefully he falls to us and we can snatch him up.. I just hope the FO isn't dumb enough to let someone like that pass by. :doh:

Yeah, you're probably right. Im praying he's available at 21. It seems that most teams are hesisitant to spend a high 1st rounder on a guard, so hopefully he falls to us and we can snatch him up.. I just hope the FO isn't dumb enough to let someone like that pass by. :doh:

Yeah, I'm really worried we're thinking about a WR or a CB, but as everyone has been saying, the reason we haven't been able to get in the endzone as much as we would like is mainly b/c our of O-line. When our O-line is banged up nothing works. We need Albert. I hope he's still available when it's our turn and I hope we don't pass on him... I for one would be really upset

He should definitely be on our target list.

I'm still hoping we can trade down our #21 for a decent pick in the second round plus a 3rd or 4th rounder.

I'd consider taking a great Guard (Albert seems to fit the bill) with our first pick in the second round -- unless a sure-thing, blue-chipper DE was available.

Alright...how's about providing some of your previous 'loves' and how they faired in the NFL. :D

I'll be honest i was a huge Kellen Winslow Jr supporter over Sean Taylor. It worked out great for us because we got ST then Cooley.

Last year i was huge supporter of Landry.

I hated the pick of Carlos and was hoping Rolle dropped but he did'nt.

I was'nt enamored with JC and hated the pick at the time but i think he'll be fine.

I loved Merriman but did'nt wanna draft him because we had Lavar at the time.

Albert is a sure thing, a can't miss stud guard. He can start day 1 and if need be can replace Samuels at LT down the road. But honestly i love him has a guard he is a future probowler and 10-12 year starter.

I'd consider taking a great Guard (Albert seems to fit the bill) with our first pick in the second round -- unless a sure-thing, blue-chipper DE was available.

He will be long gone by the time we pick in the 2nd round.

I think we NEED to take him with the 1st, the guy is a sure-fire can't miss.

plays hard, finishes plays, dominates people.. we havent had that in our o line in a looooong time.

He will be long gone by the time we pick in the 2nd round.

I think we NEED to take him with the 1st, the guy is a sure-fire can't miss.

plays hard, finishes plays, dominates people.. we havent had that in our o line in a looooong time.

And if we put him in next to Samuels we would instantly improve our running AND passing game. Not to mention if we take this particular guard he may also tarnsfer to tackle if needed and do it well.

As far as I know he is the 1 guard who can do that. Fits an immediate need plus may also turn out to be a future stud at LT. Can't draft a potential top LT at #21 which is why I think we may miss out on him, even if we were looking at drafting him.

:fingersx: he's in the M&B come training camp.

Archived