Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Albert the Skins need you.....

Samuels

Just has i told a poster earlier Albert came in at 6-5 and 310lbs today not the 6-7 UVA had listed.

He has a massive upperbody the guy is very thick. I hope the Skins are taking o-line seriously this offseason.

Jake Long has very little bodyfat that guy looks to be in great shape.

Just has i told a poster earlier Albert came in at 6-5 and 310lbs today not the 6-7 UVA had listed.

He has a massive upperbody the guy is very thick. I hope the Skins are taking o-line seriously this offseason.

Jake Long has very little bodyfat that guy looks to be in great shape.

i will go with your boy, jake seems like a RT would be interesting if jake long were to replace jansen, dont think he will be around though.

i will go with your boy, jake seems like a RT would be interesting if jake long were to replace jansen, dont think he will be around though.

Albert is better then Long in my opinion. Long is a mauler though and should be a RT he looked like he was in great shape. Albert would excel has a LT,LG,RG or RT he is very athletic. Even has a true freshman he slid from LG over to LT for D'brickshaw and they did'nt miss a beat. This year he slid over to LT for 2 games and dominated. Groh has said Brandon meant to much to the run game to move him outside. He woulda been a top 5 pick if he played soley LT.

They even threw him a pass this year.

Albert is better then Long in my opinion. Long is a mauler though and should be a RT he looked like he was in great shape. Albert would excel has a LT,LG,RG or RT he is very athletic. Even has a true freshman he slid from LG over to LT for D'brickshaw and they did'nt miss a beat. This year he slid over to LT for 2 games and dominated. Groh has said Brandon meant to much to the run game to move him outside. He woulda been a top 5 pick if he played soley LT.

They even threw him a pass this year.

I hear yah, i still insist GCG is vital to pass pro. so Groh was helping both:2cents:

no way do we take OL in round 1

I know because we got a great starting 5 that are all over 30. Samuels is the only consistent with our o-line. Jansen has been on a steady decline even when healthy. He has also missed 2 outta the last 4 seasons. Randy is coming off of IR. And Kendall did'nt practice on wednesdays the whole year because he has bad knees and is going on 35.

Our o-line is overrated by almost everyone on this board. They are a average group overall. We don't have that dominate O-lineman to run behind in short yardage and have'nt since Tre Johnson was healthy.

This FO wants to build a winner they better beef up both these lines. It all starts up front on both sides of the ball atleast the defense has some young d-lineman.

Lets say Kendall or Thomas go down next year or worse Samuels. Does that ruin our season?

What about 2 injuries?

We have a young QB trying to develop. We have a 50 million dollar franchise RB who consistently gets hit behind the line. Those 2 players are more important than anybody else on this team and need to be helped out.

I been to two UVA games this year and he was great. I loved watching Chris Long too, they were both beast. But Im stuck and my ways and I want Malcom Kelly if he is there. That dude is a beast and I love his rap. LOL

His rap is gangsta.

iam sold on this kid. Let him start at LG taking over for Kendall. If Albert is as good and versatile as Samuels(the poster) says he is, who knows, maybe in a few years he will take over for Samuels and we wont have to worry about spending a top 10 pick in the draft on a LT.

iam sold on this kid. Let him start at LG taking over for Kendall. If Albert is as good and versatile as Samuels(the poster) says he is, who knows, maybe in a few years he will take over for Samuels and we wont have to worry about spending a top 10 pick in the draft on a LT.

Honestly i don't think Kendall played bad at all he is a very good pass blocker. The problem is he will be 35 this year and missed alot of practice last year with his knees. If we had a healthy Kendall on the bench that greatly improves our team in case of injuries like this year.

We need a young hammer to open holes especially in short yardage. Our 2 most important players JC and CP should be getting the help they need to succeed. I'd love to see CP get past the LOS before he gets hit.

This team needs a smack you in the mouth dominate O-line.

Look at Seattle and Zorn probably knows this well. They had the best Guard in football and Alexander broke all the records running behind him and Jones. He leaves for Minnesota and now Alexander he is washed up and should be cut. Now look at Minnesota you got Hutchinson paired with McKinnie and what do you know thier killing people with Peterson and Taylor.

We need the dominate o-line we have a great RB now give him the horses to control that clock,help out JC and keep the defense on the bench.

We could use a big Wr but thats not what we need. I remember watching Moss running wide open on a busted coverage in our playoff loss. TC completes that pass its a different ballgame but Fabini got worked and it fell 20 yards short. Thier were way to many plays like that this year.

We have enough recieving options to succeed and if we had a real actual running threat in the redzone it woulda opened up the pass.

In reality our o-line just does'nt get the job done when healthy.

I think B Albert is like the Offensive Lineman rookie that every fan dreams of... He's no Joe Thomas by any means, but he is unlimited talent in a beast-sized frame. I would Definitely take him with our first pick. There can NEVER be enough depth and size at the OLINE positions ( see Patriots for example)

I hear yah, i still insist GCG is vital to pass pro. so Groh was helping both:2cents:

Hey I agree that you can not overlook the importance of CGC in pass protection - I played QB and having somwhere you can step into to avoid the outside rush is really important not to mention for me I needed the room to step into my throw to get the zip and accuracy on the ball. A rush up the middle will get to me a lot quicker than an outside rush as well.

However typically the speed rush and blitz will come from the outside - not too many teams blitz up the middle. Versus the 4-3 the CGC will normally have to account for the 2 DTs which the guards typically man up on and the centre will check for the MLB or safety blitz and then double one of the DTs. Stunts and twists complicate things a little. The great advantage the CGC have in pass protection versus the tackles is that they typically are operating in a crowded area and have piles they can use to their advantage to help them out. The tackle is out in space against what is normally the best pass rushers on the D and though you can give them help with a TE or back chipping that takes away from your pass receivers.

No question GCG is important but I stand by my view that as far as pass protection is concerned as a QB I want to know my blind side is taken care of - I can see and sense the pressure from everywhere else.

I hate everything UVA but I wouldn't mind taking the kid in the draft.

Rival fans are saying this about both Albert and Schmitt. Always adds valadity to the lovefests when this happens IMO.

Most are saying first season starter calibre plus some are even saying future pro bowlers.

Looks like good value at picks 1 and 3 to me.

3 may be high for a FB but if Schmitt turns out anything like people are saying then hindsight will lable him a steal.

1 may be high for a good guard but if Albert really is a dominant guard who can play LT to a high standard then hindsight will also label him a steal at 21st overall. AND we need a dominant guard to come in and play now...

If Aqib Talib isn't there or Phillip Merling, I think we should take this guy. You can rotate him into the line up to get experience, and have him take over for Kendall who you can sign to a 1 or 2 year deal as a back up if he still wants to play.

Thier will be no rotating him in. He will start day 1 and seriously give Samuels a run for his money has our best o-lineman has a rookie. He is in the same class has Hutchinson was he just dominated every year in college. This is a guy who was a basketball star in MD and did'nt play football till his junior year. But after 2 years of HS football he comes to UVA and starts from day1 and dominates.

I'm hearing they might have him in the LT drills if so he will go much higher then #21.

Also Talib and Merlin are far from sure things and are a gamble. Albert is a sure fire 10-12 year starter and a sure thing just like ST and Landry.

I'll take the #1 guy at a postion of need over the 3rd,4th or 5th ranked prospect at another postion of need.

Thier will be no rotating him in. He will start day 1 and seriously give Samuels a run for his money has our best o-lineman has a rookie. He is in the same class has Hutchinson was he just dominated every year in college. This is a guy who was a basketball star in MD and did'nt play football till his junior year. But after 2 years of HS football he comes to UVA and starts from day1 and dominates.

I'm hearing they might have him in the LT drills if so he will go much higher then #21.

Also Talib and Merlin are far from sure things and are a gamble. Albert is a sure fire 10-12 year starter and a sure thing just like ST and Landry.

I'll take the #1 guy at a postion of need over the 3rd,4th or 5th ranked prospect at another postion of need.

While I agree drafting a guy like this, he probably starts, because Kendal and Thomas are under contract, we have the luxury of not throwing him to the dogs in Game 1 if we do not want to.

While I agree drafting a guy like this, he probably starts, because Kendal and Thomas are under contract, we have the luxury of not throwing him to the dogs in Game 1 if we do not want to.

He would be better then Thomas and Kendall it would'nt matter they could'nt hold him out he is to good . This truly is 1 of the more underrated players in this draft. He is a 310lbs guard who is agile like a Te.

Archived