Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Albert the Skins need you.....

Samuels

Every year after rewatching college games i've taped i always fall in love with a player. This year its Brandon Albert the LG from UVA. This kid is a absolute beast a dominant starter from day 1. The kid is 6-7 and 320lbs and could play TE. He is the best pulling guard i've ever seen at the college level. In my opinion he is hands down the best OL in this draft. He has played LT has well has a true freshman and for 3 games this year playing outstanding. If UVA left him at LT he would be a top 5 pick. He would be give Samuels a serious run for money has the best o-lineman on this team has a rookie.

No matter what anyone says this team has capable o-lineman but lets look and our o-line and be real.

LT-Samuels/ probowler 30 years old

LG-Kendall/ slightly above average will be 35

C-Rabach/ slightly above average i believe 33

RG-Thomas/ great pulling guard but struggles in short yardage 31 atleast

RT-Jansen/ 2 season ending injurys and not the player he once was 32

All 5 starters are 30 or over

Heyer is a keeper and could take the RT spot

Fabini is 35 and a Free Agent

Wade is well into his 30's

We just don't have much for o-lineman especially young guys. Having a guy like Kendall coming off the bench would be a great insurance policy if we expercience something like this year.

We struggled the last few years picking up short yardage because we lacked the stud dominant o-lineman.

In my opinion if this team wants to field a winner next year they better upgrade this o-line. Portis needs room to roam and JC needs time to throw period. It would be nice to actually see our RB not getting hit behind the line of scrimmage.

This is our biggest offseason need a dominant LG its way more important then any big Wr everyone seems to be in love with. After that dominant o-lineman they need beef on that d-line.

I saw Mike Mayock is finally watching film he has moved Albert into his top 20 and i expect the rest of these guys to do the same after watching film.

He is a better guard prospect then Steve Hutchinson was he is just flying under the radar.

offseason needs in my order

LG-Albert

Passrushing DT

Passrushing DE

Big Wr

CB

Safety

Not sure how there are two of these, but this one was actually made before the one I merged, so it wasn't the OP trying to get away with anything. Also, the OP made a point about my merging his other thread and I think it's a good point, so this will be left as a stand alone topic.

As much as the O-line is a need, we will have a complete compliment of healthy O-lineman that can still play at a high level. Jasen, Rabach, Thomas, Kendall and Samuels can still play.

That cannot be said about our DE's. Carter is the only DE that is worth starting on this team. Evans and Wilson are spot players and nice backups and Daniels has had a fork in him for the last 2 years.

1st round = DE

2nd round = BPA OL or CB

3rd round = BPA OL, DT or CB

A dominant OL will do for a team's O exactly what a dominant DL did for the Giants D.

If DL is this draft's sexy pick it would be a good idea to go OL and get better value IMO, countering all the DL upgrades teams 'think' they are getting.

In order to go OL with our #1 or #2 I think we have to pick up a DT in FA because I feel we are going CB with our first pick (and can see why).

I guess I'm game for it. I remember wanting Elton Brown about 3 years ago. He was rated as a first rounder at one point, then fell to the 4th due to attitude issues. He was a great pulling guard at UVA. Shoot, I think that's the same year DE Chris Canty came out. While Brown hasn't done much since being in the league, Canty has slowly risen up to get good playing time in Dallas.

I foolishly facebook messaged Brown one time before the 2005 draft, asking how he'd like to play for the Redskins. He said he would since it's close to home and whatnot. I was just surprised he actually responded and was pretty nice about it.

Sound like this guy would be a good pick up and probably will not be still on the board when we get to our 2nd round pick, but who knows .......

Rather than locking onto one position - has to be an O'lineman, has to be a LDE etc we need to take the best player available with our first round pick at any position apart from QB, RB, or TE IMO. Ideally that player will be a OL, DL, WR or CB.

Me I hope we go either O'line or D'line - but not as a 'need' pick.

I posted in the this in the other thread. I think Albert would be a wise choice with the 1st rd pick. Kendall's too limited as a guard and he's 35. Albert could solidify the left side with Sameuls and provide the Skins with a potential LT down the road.

DL is important too, but the top DTs will likely be gone by the time the Skins pick. Unless Philip Merling's there I don't know if I'd take a DE.

offseason needs in my order

LG-Albert

Passrushing DT

Passrushing DE

Big Wr

CB

Safety

I agree with your post. Thats why i think we should reserve the 2nd and third round for O-line only. We do have alot of holes to fill due to free agency and the unfortunate Sean Taylor passing. But a good D-end in the first round and 2 huge guards in the middle like Will Arnold in the second andMike fladell in the third would solidify this o-line for gaurd. But we would still have a need for a Safety, Corner, and a Good D-tackle to rush the middle. Our needs could also shake up pending free agency.

I dont care what anybody says. We need to fire our secondary coach immediately please.

Thier are only a few sure things in this draft.

The De spot is not high on thier priority list Vinny said that already. He stated they got 10 sacks from the LDE postion last year. I agree somewhat only because i liked Washington at rushing and Wilson really turned it on late when MW went back to LB because of Rocky getting hurt. I still think we need a young De that can be a 2 way player.

Dt- I like what we got but we defintely need a disrupter in thier moreso than a De at this point.

OL-We need help our running game has suffered bigtime especially in short yardage for years we need that mauler to run behind. I think Zorn remembers those days he had Hutchinson and now how that Seattle run game went to crap. Then you look at Hutchinson is Minnesota and Peterson and Taylor running for big chunks of yardage.

I would go with the sure thing best value everytime.

De- Long,Gholston are defintely going before we pick

DT-Ellis,Dorsey are defintely gone before we pick

Do you draft the a guy who is the 3rd,4th or 5th rated guy at a spot you think is a need or do you draft the #1 rated guy at his postion like Albert.

Hopefully Synder figures out the sexy pick is'nt whats best do whats right for this football team. You got 50 million invested in Portis and he is the supposed franchise atleast give him the horses upfront and JC a chance to blosson with a good running game and protection.

]']I saw some footage too' date=' he looks like he's built to play Washington Football.

So long as we go either WR, Pass Rusher, or G/C in the 1st Round, I could care less, because as a team, we can actually draft quite well.[/quote']

I agree Ghost, we do draft well.

That said, you will never hear me complain about drafting O-line.

We could use every pick on O-line and not have to worry about it for the next fifteen years and i'de be content. O-line problems are the absolute worst thing that can harm your football team.

6'7" doesn't usually play guard, i.e. Todd Wade last year

I've read he is actually 6-5 but was listed at 6-7. And please never compare him to Wade. This guy is a road grader but really excels in space and in pass protection. Dockery was 6-6 they are plenty of tall guards.

He will be a probowl guard very early in his career. Its amazing watching that guy running ahead of his backs making blocks 30 yards downfield its a absolute thing of beauty. UVA even lined him up at TE and threw the ball to him in 1 game he is very athletic and strong.

The last couple drafts the Skins have drafted the no brainer sure things hopefully thier smart and take the guaranteed stud.

I agree with you as well. Check out my latest update for team needs, and the subsequent mock draft, at drafttek.com

I think we can get Albert in the second. I am looking at DE/DT in 1st, OG 2nd and I am tossing between WR or DT in the 3rd.

Good post. Good to see Branden get his due.

Scott L

Redskins Team Correspondent

WWW.Drafttek.com

fully agree, the game begins and ends with OL & DL Fabini is aweful, thomas and jansen have become injury prone, I friggin hate Jansens regression, love the guy was overlooked too many times for the probowl. saw the UVA kid on Mayocks spotlight and WOW just WOW, not only does he get to the second level but he absolutly finishes people. That kind of ability is not common, then next year we get Duke Robinson and our OL is set for next 10 years.

You aren't the only one who thinks so i guess...check out this mock draft

they have us picking him in round 2

http://www.drafttek.com/round12008.html

Really? I looked and it said Kentwan Balmer in the first and then Jeremy Thompson in the 2nd.

I'd like a draft like this,

1st = Brandon albert

2nd = James Hardy

3rd = best available corner or defensive end

FA = Corey williams and then either a defensive end of corner (whichever we don't grab in the draft)

Archived