Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Albert the Skins need you.....

Samuels

I completly agree. Year after year we take high defensive players. The defense was top 10 or better and we have coaching continuity. We will need a corner to make up for the loss of Rogers, but we can expect the Defense to be good as they are even without the Dlineman. The same cannot be said of the Oline. With the decline of Jansen and the age of the line we can expect problems this year, and it is clear our backups cannot carry us through the playoffs. Also, with a young QB it is time to start building the core of his protection so they can stay together his entire career.

Glad to see someone voice this, as most pwople always think the WR is the one to carry us to wins when the WR is ineffective without the QB and oline play.

That Mayock piece is just a small sample of this kids ability. I'm a diehard UVA fan so i've been seeing this week in and week out.

Now is the time when all the draftnics are really watching film and he is gonna be a 1st rounder without a doubt.

I believe Hutchinson went #17 thats about the highest a guard has went recently.

I think we can possibly still get him at #21 unless some team views him has a tackle which he can play at a high level. If he was left at LT he would be a top 5 pick.

He is a better guard though in my opinion because he is a truck in the open field. If we can pair him with Randy we would have 2 great pulling guards.

It was pretty funny watching Mayock break him down he said he could'nt find 1 flaw in his play. He showed 1 pass protection play where he passed a guy off basically saying it was his only even remotely bad play and was'nt his fault.

Vinny and Dan all i ask has a diehard of the Skins is just watch every game this kid has played in.

We've got to balance our needs with what value we can get. I'd much rather take a good CB, WR or OL if the high class DEs and have gone, even though i think that is our biggest need, as there seems to be a big drop off after the first 4/5. As a U.K. College LG who does a lot of pulling, I'd love to see him if we could pick him up 2nd or 3rd, but wouldn't want to reach for him.

We've got to balance our needs with what value we can get. I'd much rather take a good CB, WR or OL if the high class DEs and have gone, even though i think that is our biggest need, as there seems to be a big drop off after the first 4/5. As a U.K. College LG who does a lot of pulling, I'd love to see him if we could pick him up 2nd or 3rd, but wouldn't want to reach for him.

Thier is 0 chance he last till our 2nd round pick unless he gets hurt before the draft. In my opinion he is by far the best o-lineman in this draft bar none. The other guys get the pub because they play tackle. You watch Long for Michigan and he gets beat and really struggles with protection againest speed guys.

Albert is the complete package and the best o-lineman that i've ever seen come thru UVA in my time.

Unfortunately his stock is on the rise and it may take the Skins 21st pick to land him.

That being said I wouldn't be mad if the Skins took him in the first round, he's an absolute stud and could anchor the interior of the line for years.

He's rising really fast. After the combine he probably will be in the teens. If he falls to us, it would be a steal.

Samuels,

What did you think of D'brickashaw Ferguson when he was coming out?

Honestly i always felt he was overrated because he played LT. He was a good pass blocker but could be beaten. He was more of a finesse player and never was much of a run blocker. He is struggling in NY with his passblocking right now and that was his strenght, alot of people think he is a bust. He has a ton of potential though i think he just needs to hit the weight room and develop a mean streak. He should be a above average starter in NY for 10-12 years but never dominating.

Grubbs looked great last year and still dropped to the bottom of the first.

I hope this guy is on the board when we pick.

Of course i'de be happy to see us draft five straight O-linmen. :)

I think Albert will be available at #21 unless somebody views him has a LT. Hutch went i believe #17 he won't go higher then that. I believe Albert will get drafted in the 20's..

Archived