Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Albert the Skins need you.....

Samuels

Samuels, I hope for you sake you dont take too bad if the redskins dont draft this kid heh. I can see you building up hope until the draft and then boom, either someone else will pick him or we wont.

Nah man i get my favorites every year i seriously hope the Skins can bring in a starting caliber guard. I was a huge supporter of Kellen Winslow JR and was kinda po'ed when we took ST but both were sure things. It worked out great because we still got a probowl Te in Cooley.

I just feel like our o-line is severly overrated we have stunk on 3rd and 4th and short yardage for years even when healthy and those are drive killers. We need to give CP a real chance at success and we have'nt.

And gutlead i can tell you actually watch the games. Campbell is a bust waiting to happen the only thing he has going for him is his size. Everytime i've watched him he has left me thinking WTF is the hype about.

Albert showed great balance today in his workouts that i saw on nfl network. He ran a 5.21 40 and did 23reps of 225lbs not bad for a very long armed guy. His 10 yard speed was great at 1.71 Mayock said thats all that matters for a o-lineman. He looked great in the 3 cone drills has well showed very nice balance and footwork.

Mayock has him up to #11 overall. He said that Albert was the best interior o-lineman he has ever watched in space and that he don't lock on but mauls people finishing blocks in space.

But again i've been saying that all along he is outstanding at leading around the edge and getting out in front of screens. This kid would be a outstanding pick if still available.

the more i see of him, the more i love him too, 2 weeks ago we could take him in round 3 on most draft boards, now we'll be lucky if he's still there at 21. With Kendall able to be a back up Centre, Albert's versatility with G and T makes him fit the versatile lineman Vinny says we're looking for, and gives us nice depth on the O-line, and a much needed injection of youth!

What team is expected to take a guard 1st round? None that I know of. We may have a shot at this boy if we don't end up trading our first for somebody (or trading down). I'll have to see what we do in F/A before I can give my blessing on this one though. One of you BA pushers ought to put a video together for the rest of us.

What team is expected to take a guard 1st round? None that I know of. We may have a shot at this boy if we don't end up trading our first for somebody (or trading down). I'll have to see what we do in F/A before I can give my blessing on this one though. One of you BA pushers ought to put a video together for the rest of us.

thier is a mini clip a few pages back he is a beast.

Albert > Sweed

I means seriously, based on what the real life WASHINGTON REDSKINS need, I would rather have a Albert included line with Mix than Sweed and the same line. Do we not want continuity for Jason (Mix and Auburn - btw WCO), and more time to think about throwing and less time about protecting his knees.:2cents:

Albert > Sweed

I means seriously, based on what the real life WASHINGTON REDSKINS need, I would rather have a Albert included line with Mix than Sweed and the same line. Do we not want continuity for Jason (Mix and Auburn - btw WCO), and more time to think about throwing and less time about protecting his knees.:2cents:

Most people on this board are only clamoring for the big guys it does'nt matter if they can play or not.

I don't like Sweed or Hardy much at all even though i've only watched them exclusively in 2-3 games you can sorta get a feel. Both those guys are gonna struggle to get seperation and are'nt great route runners.

And honestly i think Jordy Nelson will be a better pro then both. At the NFL level you need quickness moreso then speed to get seperation or just be a outstanding route runner to get by at the pro level. Those bigger Wr's are'nt way bigger and faster then everyone at the next level. Look at guys like Mike Williams,Charles Rodgers etc where way better pro prospects then these guys. Charles had extremely fast straight line speed but lacked suddeness and was a very sloppy route runner even before the injuries.

Give me Albert in rd1.

The De,DT and Wr's available to us in rd2-3 are'nt much different prospects than those available at #21. While thier is a huge gap from Albert to Chilo the #2 rated guard. To me i'm taking the guarenteed 10-12 year starter and likely probowl guard very early on.

this is depest o-line draft ever, and i have said before if we do our shopping right our draft can be free to draft o line completely and get 2 guards and a tackle maybe 2 guards and 2 tackles with center for good margin. the more this team gets of starter quality young o lineman the better. these positions above all have been ignored to the hurt of all. we lost last year in the playoffs becuase of bad o line play.and b albert would be my first pick because he can play both tackle and guard, pollack a center/guard is also good. this the time to suck it up and get our foundation squared away like hasn't been in close to twenty years.i know it's not sexy but it's the way to championchip.we have the talent every where else. our line is also very good, BUT they can't stay healthy.

this is depest o-line draft ever
I agree, but we have other needs too. If we could package our first in a trade for a proven WR or CB, I would look into that. Or we might consider using the first on DL. O-line is too deep this year to commit our 1st for a guard. We can get better value there in later rounds.

Albert looks very good, but he may fall out of the first just because of the OL depth this year.

I agree, but we have other needs too. If we could package our first in a trade for a proven WR or CB, I would look into that. Or we might consider using the first on DL. O-line is too deep this year to commit our 1st for a guard. We can get better value there in later rounds.

Albert looks very good, but he may fall out of the first just because of the OL depth this year.

He is'nt falling outta the 1st round not a chance. With the ability to play LT will only increase his value. Almost everyone has him entrenched into thier top 20. Mayock has him #11 overall.

The draft is really not that deep with interior lineman. Thier are alot of tackle prospects but the guards leave alot to be desired.

The only other guard i would consider is Andrew Crummey in the 3rd-4th round.

If they seriously wanna win games next year they have to give CP the horses.

Why give the man a 50 million dollar contract and make him the franchise player if your not gonna give him the horses to succeed??

Thats like signing a franchise QB to a huge deal. Then turn around and give him a poopy o-line and recievers.

This game is won and lost in the trenches period not with the fast Wr,big safety or shutdown CB.

Without protection or a run game the whole offense struggles and thats what we've faced. How come CP can rush for over 1500 yards and a 5.5ypc average in Denver then comes here and bam 4.0ypc??

Its because Denver had a great o-line that worked together they did'nt get pushed into CP in short yardage like a group i cheer for every week they dominated and kept drives alive.

You put CP behind Minnesota o-line and see what happens that is a dominate run game because they have a great o-line.

Anyone honestly think that Peterson or Taylor run that well here??

guess why?

I've always been a fan of the skill postion players because thats the sexy pick, but i've come to realize you can't mask defiencys but so much on the lines. To be successful you gotta build from the inside, out.

this is depest o-line draft ever, and i have said before if we do our shopping right our draft can be free to draft o line completely and get 2 guards and a tackle maybe 2 guards and 2 tackles with center for good margin. the more this team gets of starter quality young o lineman the better. these positions above all have been ignored to the hurt of all. we lost last year in the playoffs becuase of bad o line play.and b albert would be my first pick because he can play both tackle and guard, pollack a center/guard is also good. this the time to suck it up and get our foundation squared away like hasn't been in close to twenty years.i know it's not sexy but it's the way to championchip.we have the talent every where else. our line is also very good, BUT they can't stay healthy.

Even so, its stupid to draft ONLY along the O-line. First off you will have all those guys contracts likely expiring around the same time, I would rather draft a sure fire stud in Albert, then draft three guys and only 1 work out. Taking more tickets in the game doesn't mean they will all hit or work out.

I've always been a fan of the skill postion players because thats the sexy pick, but i've come to realize you can't mask defiencys but so much on the lines. To be successful you gotta build from the inside, out.

I won't disagree with anything you said in that post. I just feel the "sexy" WR/CB positions are more of a gamble with the draft than taking a young, proven producer. Far riskier than developing a lineman.

I also think we have one of the best OL coaches in the NFL ever. He has basically been flipped off by the team on draft day for 4 years. If he were given a chance to select and work with some mid/late round talent of his choosing, we could build the anchor of our O without breaking the bank. Being short of resources as we are now, that would be a good thing.

It's not wise to fall in love with ANY prospective player. You must keep the team needs and the big picture in the forefront.

I also think we have one of the best OL coaches in the NFL ever. He has basically been flipped off by the team on draft day for 4 years. If he were given a chance to select and work with some mid/late round talent of his choosing, we could build the anchor of our O without breaking the bank. Being short of resources as we are now, that would be a good thing.

It's not wise to fall in love with ANY prospective player. You must keep the team needs and the big picture in the forefront.

i respect your opinion... however i dont think the team flipped him off. i think he was dependable enough to draft other areas first. now if they dont give him albert this year, after building almost everything else up, then i think it'd be a bird sign.

this is the year of the OL/DL i hope/think.

they just have to throw him a bone, right? i mean he stuck around!:rolleyes:

i respect your opinion... however i dont think the team flipped him off. i think he was dependable enough to draft other areas first. now if they dont give him albert this year, after building almost everything else up, then i think it'd be a bird sign.

this is the year of the OL/DL i hope/think.

they just have to throw him a bone, right? i mean he stuck around!:rolleyes:

Yeah, he was dependable. What have we given him to work with with since he has been here besides Dockery? Fabini is a cheap, castoff patch. Wade is average at best and should be easily replaceable by a 3rd rounder at a fraction of Wades cost (after a year under Buges). We were lucky to find Kendall, who did a good job for us considering his age and knees. If it was our own young guy, we might have opened the door to a new HOF career. Not many get to the pro bowl, but I guarantee you Kendall will never go.

Buges is another Redskin misused/misplayed. Let Buges do his stuff and build us a set of hogs.

Archived