Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you could remake a classic movie...

Zguy28

I'm curious, but why would you want to have those movies remade? To me those two are perfect example of classic movies that have aged gracefully and no matter how many times I see them I can't think of any aspect of the film that bothers me or would prompt me to wish for them to be remade.

When I think of movies I'd like to see remade it's primarily classic movies that didn't necessarily suffer from lack of special effects, but movies that could be made on a much more epic and engrossing scale with todays technology and know how.

Movies like Spartacus for example or some of Fritz Lang's classics like Metropolis or Siegfried: Die Niebelungen. Mobie Dick is another one of those movies that I would put in that category.

The ending of Full Metal Jacket killed me, it's like the production people completely gave up after Gomer Pile got killed.

I guess i would have liked to have seen these movies made when technology was a little more advanced?

Remake the Wizard of Oz ? Well they did it once... 2 versions of the Maltese Falcon too (I believe).

Those 2 I hope never get re-done. Kinda like Willy Wonka and how the new one was terrible.

Yeah, you are probably right. Didn't know they already had remakes. I suppose it would be hard to do since it's so damn simplistic, which is it's beauty. Perhaps the Wizard of Oz should never be remade and just kept up to day, kinda like Gone with the Wind.

It looks like I may get my wish :)

News

New Writer on Clash of the Titans Remake

Source: Variety

May 1, 2006

Warner Bros. Pictures has hired screenwriter Travis Beacham to pen a remake of the 1981 cult classic Clash of the Titans, says Variety. Basil Iwanyk's Thunder Road is producing.

In 2002, Warners tapped John Glenn and Travis Adam Wright to pen the script. Beacham said he is writing a new script, and that he intends the redo to be darker and more realistic than MGM's "Clash."

The storyline will still revolve around Perseus' journey to save the Princess Andromeda, during which he must complete various tasks set out by Zeus, including capturing Pegasus and slaying Medusa.

The original marked the final film on which Ray Harryhausen did special effects, as well as the last in a string of films he produced with Charles Schneer.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14320

Several people have mentioned "The Day the Earth Stood Still". I think that is one of the greatest movies of all time. I would welcome a remake using modern technology and effects.

But would it be set in modern post-9/11 America or the 1950's? And who would Michael Rennie as Klaatu?

Been dreaming of this for years...yes, really

Remake of "White Lightning" or "Gator" (1973/1976, Burt Reynolds/Jerry Reed -- An ex con teams up with federal agents to help them with breaking up a moonshine ring)

Starring Matthew McConaughey as Gator McKlusky and directed by Quentin Tarantino.

51FF5XQM4QL._AA280_.jpg

Excalibur, the knights armor and all of that wouldn't be changed because I thought they were awesome armor suits, but I'd add some cool special effects and just give it a newer look but keep it relatively dark. I just hate the grainy picture of movies that old.

Anyway..Excalibur cast..directed by Christopher Nolan

Russell Crowe King Arthur

Angelina Jolie Morgana

Christian Bale Lancelot

Saffron Burrows Guenevere

Guy Pearce Perceval

Ian McKellen Merlin

Hugh Jackman Gawain

Javier Bardem Mordred

So far the one movie no one has mentioned (and I am so grateful for that)...."Casablanca".

I wouldn't touch that movie remake with a 10 foot stick.

If I were a producer and remade casablanca, that would be my first and last movie. lmao.

Excalibur, the knights armor and all of that wouldn't be changed because I thought they were awesome armor suits, but I'd add some cool special effects and just give it a newer look but keep it relatively dark. I just hate the grainy picture of movies that old.

Anyway..Excalibur cast..directed by Christopher Nolan

Russell Crowe King Arthur

Angelina Jolie Morgana

Christian Bale Lancelot

Saffron Burrows Guenevere

Guy Pearce Perceval

Ian McKellen Merlin

Hugh Jackman Gawain

Javier Bardem Mordred

King Arthur.

More historically accurate (though still lacking, I hated the portrayal of Augustine) but not as good as I would've liked. Stellan Skarsgaard was great though.

I wouldn't touch that movie remake with a 10 foot stick.

If I were a producer and remade casablanca, that would be my first and last movie. lmao.

Could you imagine being a producer and trying to convince (for example) Harrison Ford to play the role of Rick & Samuel L. Jackson as Sam.

Thankfully no one has done it...it's without a doubt my favorite movie of all-time.

Archived