Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Chad Johnson suggests trade to Redskins (merged w/other articles

GibbsRedskin

These people thinking the Skins do not need a player like Johnson is simply ridiculous....

Yeah....we don't need a loud mouthed WR that catches TDs (Gary Clark)

If the Redskins can get Chad Johnson or any other WR that catches TDs then they would be smart to go after them.

Whats absurd is thinking plugging another WR into the mess we have will fix anything. Whats even more absurd is thinking we can actually afford him, and have the resources to actually trade for him. Ive always liked Chad Johnson, but recently hes shown another side of him I really dont like.

So, if Dan wants Chad or another egotistical wide receiver, does he hire Mariucci for his (mostly solid) handling of TO (including chilling him out for one playoff run)? Or does he hire the doormat that is Jim Fassel ("Sure Chad, don't worry about training camp, catch you in late August on opening day! Oh, and take Cooley with you, find him some cheerleaders to date or something, and Portis too, maybe you guys can practice a costumed song and dance routine! Smoot might be able to book you guys a nice boat to practice it on too.")?

You guys are crazy. He is not a cancer. He has played for the same team for 7 years with no major problems. And look at these numbers. He is DURABLE. He has started every game for the last 6 years. And the man is a yardage machine.

Season Team Receiving Rushing Fumbles

G GS Rec Yds Avg Long TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost

2007 Cincinnati Bengals 16 16 93 1,440 15.5 70T 8 6 47 7.8 16 0 2 1

2006 Cincinnati Bengals 16 16 87 1,369 15.7 74T 7 6 24 4.0 8 0 1 1

2005 Cincinnati Bengals 16 16 97 1,432 14.8 70T 9 5 33 6.6 11 0 1 0

2004 Cincinnati Bengals 16 16 95 1,274 13.4 53T 9 4 39 9.8 18 0 1 0

2003 Cincinnati Bengals 16 14 90 1,355 15.1 82T 10 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2002 Cincinnati Bengals 16 14 69 1,166 16.9 72T 5 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2001 Cincinnati Bengals 12 3 28 329 11.8 28 1 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

TOTAL 559 8,365 15.0 82 49 21 143 6.8 18 0 5 2

I expect chad to go to Dallas, they have two first rounders this year. The only way we get CJ is if we give up our first me think. Other then that we can afford him if they (and it appears they are by the recent moves) are going free up space by restructures. At the current pace we can easily be 20 mil under come FA.

I would love to have Chad Johnson on our team, Then imagine the explosiveness of our offence, and Santana and Randel El Should flourish along with Cooley. No stacking 8 in the box so CP gets his yards as well. I think CJ would help our offense get to the point we have all been waiting for. Trade them Brandon Loyd and what ever else they want for him.

The more I think about it, it would actually be good if Chad comes here. He'll fit in here too.

I still think though, if we bring him in, we're undoubtedly going to have to give up a lot to get him. This won't be a Randy Moss like situation where we will only lose a 4th rounder to get him. Not to mention the money he'll be demanding.

Chad Johnson, 30 year old receiver who wants to get his last big payday from the Redskins, realizing that the Bengals aren't going to give him megabucks.

Who needs this jerk?

What was the Bengals record with him on the field last year?

Thought so :D

Since 03, I believe it was, Chad is #2 in the NFL in catches, 1st in yards, and 5th in TD's..Yeah we DO need him.

Do it. Seriously.

Seriously.

Chad Johnson is a big-time talent who also makes the game a BLAST to watch. The whole country LOVES Ocho-Cinqo. Why? Because he basically rocks as a player AND a personality. No TO or Randy Moss hatred for this guy. He plays for every fan.

i would like him here as long as they dont give up the draft to get him. He is better than any Wide Receiver we have. He can scare opposing defenses by himself. We certainly dont have that now. Also he is taller than 5'10". Think of what is capable on offense if we actually have a receiver who could demand a double team. Portis could thrive also as well as cooley. I love the fire Chad brings and for those of you blaming him or asking why they didnt win with him there, it is pretty easy if you watch football THEIR DEFENSE SUCKED. Last i checked he didnt play defense.

if you want to go down the current road of having a roster of 30 year old players that are fast eclipsing their primes and you are then paying for their soft landing towards retirement, then by all means continue to tie up vast resources in guys like Chad Johnson.

the Redskins are not the Patriots who are that one player away from being an immediate contender where a move for a Moss or Johnson who are both over 30 makes sense.

this team was 9-7 last year and couldn't generate pressure on the quarterback, couldn't consistently establish a ground game with the OL up front and suffered from injury problems to many of its already 30 plus year old performers.

at what point do you realize the team needs to be rebuilt and the right way? :)

or is the rush to seize that crummy #6 seed in the NFC at 8-8 or 9-7 such a draw now for Redskins fans that hopes for more are no longer in the vocabulary?

if you want to go down the current road of having a roster of 30 year old players that are fast eclipsing their primes and you are then paying for their soft landing towards retirement, then by all means continue to tie up vast resources in guys like Chad Johnson.

the Redskins are not the Patriots who are that one player away from being an immediate contender where a move for a Moss or Johnson who are both over 30 makes sense.

this team was 9-7 last year and couldn't generate pressure on the quarterback, couldn't consistently establish a ground game with the OL up front and suffered from injury problems to many of its already 30 plus year old performers.

or is the rush to seize that crummy #6 seed in the NFC at 8-8 or 9-7 such a draw now for Redskins fans that hopes for more are no longer in the vocabulary?

We tried rebuilding the "right way" by bringing Gibbs back. He brought in people who had "character". Maybe we need to try bringing in someone like Ocho.

Woooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrddd

It's time to stop the bleeding. How many Brandon Lloyds, Archuletas, Deions, and Bruce Smiths do we need to go through before we realize that you can't BUILD through FA. Suppliment - yes. Build - no.

Even when it DOES work out, it's only good for two or three years (Marcus Washington anyone?).

We might as well trade Betts since we are PAYING HIM and we REFUSE to let him get any clock...coaches love portis too much....(sigh)

No reason to believe Betts won't get his touches with a new coaching staff. I agree that he wasn't given the chance to perform HIS part of the 1-2 punch last season, but there's no reason to ASSUME that that will continue.

Bringing Chad Johnson in is going to hurt Jason Campbell alot more than it will help. Campbell is still developing and learning a new offense again, though he is somewhat familiar with the west coast style from his Auburn days...but the last thing he needs is an ego-maniac screaming to throw him the ball everytime, blaming every incomplete pass on the QB. Johnson is a great player, but for a young developing QB to have someone like that will be a major set back. I think we would be better served to go after another young up and coming receiver like D.J. Hackett from Seattle:applause: , Bryant Johnson from Arizona:applause: , or Benard Berrian from Chicago, then get a reciever in the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft, there will still be talent at that position in the later rounds. The last thing the Redskins need is another distraction, and sooner or later,Chad Johnson would become a distraction.:dallasuck

Archived