Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Chad Johnson suggests trade to Redskins (merged w/other articles

GibbsRedskin

I actually would love the thought of having Chad Johnson, but not at that price. I'll probably get crucified for saying this but I think Brandon Lloyd will be a key next season. He played in the west coast offense in San Francisco. He could be a secret weapon now that he's been forgotten on the field

For those of you who want CJ on the team...UGH! Where have you been the last 10 years. This is the exact trade and signing that has KILLED the Redskins. Keep this guy away. CJ is fun, but he is not what we need. We need to address the DLine (please look at the NY Giants success on defense) and the OLine. We were in shambles last year on both lines in my mind. All this Lance Briggs and Chad Johnson talk makes me sick. This owner is running a fantasy football team and is having fun with his "toy"

I think that adding CJ to our receiving corps would be extremely valuable. With that said, however, I feel the asking price is a little out of our reach. First of all, I feel strongly that we should hold onto our first round pick and draft a defensive end such as Calais Campbell (Miami U.) or Todd McShay's prediction of Phillip Merling (Clemson). It is no secret that our defensive line opposite of Andre Carter is getting old and we could use a true pass rusher to help our cornerbacks be able to jam opposing receivers and prevent big pass plays. The keys to stopping the pass start with the defensive front four and adding a game-changing DE through the draft would be very beneficial.

Therefore, I think that if we can somehow address our need of a true no. 1 receiver by adding Chad Johnson through a trade, it should be done for second round picks or a bundle of picks in the later rounds. Who knows, maybe we can even trade some of our defensive players because it is no secret that the Bengals need a defense.

That is just my two-cents though...

For those of you who want CJ on the team...UGH! Where have you been the last 10 years. This is the exact trade and signing that has KILLED the Redskins. Keep this guy away. CJ is fun, but he is not what we need. We need to address the DLine (please look at the NY Giants success on defense) and the OLine. We were in shambles last year on both lines in my mind. All this Lance Briggs and Chad Johnson talk makes me sick. This owner is running a fantasy football team and is having fun with his "toy"

getting a prima donna we don't need for a price we can't afford (again) is beyond stupid

For the record, I searched and got 4 hits right away. I looked with my eyes on the front page and the second page and got three hits right away. : )

Merge and....

What I was trying to convey was that when I tried using the search function last, it kept giving me that error popup. I tried about 5 times and had no luck.

I will lose all hope if Vinny trades away our 08 Draft. Remember Vin, you have that fancy new title now. That means we can finally point a decided finger.

If we pull a Ricky Williams type of trade for Chad Johnson, I will hop up and down like a raving monkey, POed beyond all belief. That kind of deal would set us back years, and we would officially be in the dark ages again.

Edit: Keep in mind I'd love to see Ocho here. I just don't want to see us blow our entire draft on just one player. No one player is worth an entire draft, not even LT or Peyton Manning or even Tom Brady.

What makes it official?

Well the article does say

"The Washington Redskins are attempting to acquire disgruntled Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chad Johnson, according to ESPN Radio and The Washington Post.

Reports say Johnson is at the top of Washington owner Daniel Snyder's wish list and that the receiver's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, is working to facilitate a trade."

Well the article does say

"The Washington Redskins are attempting to acquire disgruntled Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chad Johnson, according to ESPN Radio and The Washington Post.

Reports say Johnson is at the top of Washington owner Daniel Snyder's wish list and that the receiver's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, is working to facilitate a trade."

Again I ask, what makes it official?

Archived