Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Chad Johnson suggests trade to Redskins (merged w/other articles

GibbsRedskin

man, i hope we're smart with this situation.

i noticed no one has mentioned our need for a DE opposite of Andre Carter. i'd much rather facilitate a trade for Jared Allen or something.

ocho cinco is getting over the hill...........30.........

Trading for Johnson would be insanely stupid and would signal a return of Snyder's fantasy football mentality in running the Redskins. To get Johnson we would likely have to give up multiple draft picks, including our first rounder. That is too steep of a price to pay for a 30 year old receiver who only wants to come here so that he can get paid. Keep the picks and use the draft to acquire a receiver.

If 85 is wearing the B&G next year I sure hope we have a solid O-Line. JC needs time to throw the ball. If he doesn't have time to throw the ball it won't matter who we have at WR and if chad isn't getting his touches he's going to turn into a huge Cancer.

You're an idiot.

Im an idiot for wanting an elite WR? Im an idiot for trying to make our offense better, which had trouble scoring 20 points? Im an idiot for wanting to help Santana Moss and Randle El out, and having Moss look like he did in 05, when he's not double teamed all the time?

So you're pretty much saying im an idiot for wanting to improve the team?

Hmm, odd concept.

Here we go again...

Don't trade for him....

Thankfully Cincy doesn't wanna trade him.

...which makes me real nervous. When this front office sets its sights on someone, they take a real "cost is no object" approach. I don't care how much Cincy doesn't want to trade, if a team offers you a handful of high draft picks for him in a receiver-rich draft class, they'll make that transaction

I have a real bad feeling we may be losing a lot in the near future...

Im an idiot for wanting an elite WR? Im an idiot for trying to make our offense better, which had trouble scoring 20 points? Im an idiot for wanting to help Santana Moss and Randle El out, and having Moss look like he did in 05, when he's not double teamed all the time?

So you're pretty much saying im an idiot for wanting to improve the team?

Hmm, odd concept.

No your an idiot for wanting another idiot to be on this team.

All 'Ocho Cinco' wants is $$$....we already have enough guys on this team like that.

Just take a look at our team salary...

OKay here's where I take the Optimists glasses off.

IN the last month was the media right about:

1. Him Schwartz (Snyder enamored with him)
  2. Mora (being our next coach)
  3. Jim Fassel

What makes you think they are right on this, and let's not forget that EVERY free agent is on the top of Dan Snyder's list, that's how the media plugs things.

Nobody wants a top 5 WR who scores 15 TD's a season..Oh wait, WE DO! Remember people said T.O wouldn't work for the cowboys, and Randy Moss wouldn't work for the patriots? I'd say they have worked out.

Bring Chad Johnson here!!

Yeah, both those teams won the Super Bowl this year, didn't they?

I would say keep the draft picks and improved the defense (which incidently did win the Super Bowl this year).

Well, from what I've heard Johnson is unhappy where he is, and they clearly aren't paying him well, so lets look into how many teams really want his position as a receiver, and how many are willing to pay for him, and then you see the number of teams in the NFL shrink down to us and Miami...should be an interesting offseason to say the least.

I would say keep the draft picks and improved the defense (which incidently did win the Super Bowl this year).

imrpove the defense? we have a pretty good defense.top 10 in recent years. you know what isnt top 10? OUR OFFENSE! im not saying to get chad but lets work on our offense, we have a pretty good defense, we need to balance that out by improving and adding skill to the other side of the ball

It's been reported that CJ is unhappy where he is. I don't know if he is or isn't but if he wants to be traded, let's consider why.

1. He has a newer contract, so that's not it.

2. He has the respect of his peers, so that's not it.

That leaves internal team / management conflict issues, the desire to be on a proven winner, or some sort of mental issue he has.

Personally I don't dislike him, but I am never enamored of a player who doesnt play out his contract, or at least have a quieter series of actions when wanting a trade.

So, could he help us offensively? I think the answer is that he would help us.

The question I have, that others are not addressing adequetly is that the cost for just him would likely be so high that the benefit would be wasted. I have yet to see a refutation of that.

How good will we be without improvement on the defense? How good will we be without quality depth or improvement on the offensive line? The WCO can be nullified by a quality disruptive defense, which every team in this division has to some degree. We won't do well if we automatically chalk up 6 losses within the division.

imrpove the defense? we have a pretty good defense.top 10 in recent years. you know what isnt top 10? OUR OFFENSE! im not saying to get chad but lets work on our offense, we have a pretty good defense, we need to balance that out by improving and adding skill to the other side of the ball

If we had a better defense, we looked like we could have cleared Seattle this year with one more opportunity on offense with the ball. I think most people subscribe to the theory we need a quality pass rusher on the defensive line.

Yes Go With This All The Way We Need A Tall Reciever And He Would Be Great With Santana And Are. Trade Lloyd And Maybe A Second And A Third

Tall reciever? Chad Johnson is 6 foot with heels on. Larry Fitzgerald on the other hand is 6 foot 4 and that's what we need

The only problem I would have with Chad coming here is the Skins have a lot of holes they need to fill and would not be able to plug them, because they would have to give up a lot to get him. Other than that I would thoroughly enjoy seeing C.J. in a Redskins uniform.

Hammer Time!!! You said it best.

Archived