Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking News: LeBron James' Ego The Size of Universe

KDawg

Wow, a 20 year old kid is a frontrunner. I'm shocked.

Also, being a frontrunner & being a douchebag are 2 different things.....

Ummm... I think you're agreeing with me. Right?

I think that the fact that it was a playoff game for a team that hasn't won the WS in 50-some years makes it a fair comparison.

And yes, let's look at Lebron's "favorite" teams shall we (as he has admitted to himself, and I'll pull a link if I have to):

Baseball - Yankees

Basketball - Bulls

Football - Cowboys

Give me a break.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I don't agree with frontrunning... BUT if you choose those teams and then stay with them its not that big of a deal. Loyalty is more important. None of those teams have won a championship in almost a decade, hell one of them hasn't won a playoff GAME in over a decade. So he may have been a frontrunner when he was young - but at least he stayed loyal.

I'm not really defending what he did as much as I just thing its an overreaction to grill him for this instance.

Ummm... I think you're agreeing with me. Right?

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I don't agree with frontrunning... BUT if you choose those teams and then stay with them its not that big of a deal. Loyalty is more important. None of those teams have won a championship in almost a decade, hell one of them hasn't won a playoff GAME in over a decade. So he may have been a frontrunner when he was young - but at least he stayed loyal.

I'm not really defending what he did as much as I just thing its an overreaction to grill him for this instance.

Yes I was. I should have quoted GACOLB instead, but I didnt.

Hell, if I wasn't a frontrunner as a kid I wouldn't be a Redskins fan today. :)

I'm not really grilling him for it.

I stated that he was a prick. The first thing I submitted as evidence of this was the very reliable, very likable, very local Steve Buckhantz saying he was a prick.

The second thing I submitted was him openly rooting for the opposing team in the playoffs in his hometown-team's stadium. I'm not trying to say that's equatable to raping a baby. I'm just saying that that was a prick move on his part.

And I disagree on front-running. It's bull**** all the way. But that's another topic for another time.

I've always thought Melo was better, still do. Best lookin jumpshot in the game, and when he's on there isn't no stopping him

You've got to be kidding right? Melo doesn't make his teammates better, and he takes a ton of shots to get his points. He may be an offensive force, but he can't board, pass, or defend nearly as well as LBJ.

Actually, I met LJ in a restaurant lobby, and we left at the same time waiting for the valet. We chit chatted while we waited and offered two seats in my name for the game the next night. I took him up on the offer and called to confirm the next day.

I thought for a mega-sports star he was pretty laid back and respectful, not to mention approachable. My wife said the same thing. This is first hand experience.

Just an FYI, people used to call Monk egotistical, simply because he didn't talk to certain media members. His separation and refusal to promote himself probably was the leading factor in it taking this long to get into the HOF.

You've got to be kidding right? Melo doesn't make his teammates better, and he takes a ton of shots to get his points. He may be an offensive force, but he can't board, pass, or defend nearly as well as LBJ.

I'm serious. When Melo is on his game he's as solid as anybody. I've never liked LeBron...but I don't take anything from how good he is. One thing that bugs me is that he rarely gets challenged when he drives to the net. I'm talking a good hard foul, not a love tap on the wrist, he's too big and strong for that to matter

Why does anyone watch the NBA...?It really,really sucks!

Dudes...I stopped watching when Jordan retired...well,actually magic,but at least Jordan wasn't a ****y,pimp my ride,slap the ho's,make a rap tape,run in the stands and beat the audience type a crapper prick like ALL of THEM are...

NFL,college hoops is it...everything else really truly SUCKS!

Sorry,but sometimes the facts need to be presented....

Accurate? I don't think so. He certainly doesn't have the best supporting cast, but that team could win games without him (albeit not a astronomical amount of games, but win none the less). LeBron DOES put them over the top.

He can't win with just anybody, as he implied here. And if I were a teammate I'd be extremely pissed at that statement and his constant parading for Kidd knowing that at least a few of them would need to be traded for him.

Yeah, good points. And they were saying this very thing today on First Take. I'm assuming that's where you got it from. They also said that Kidd has said, at least, privately, that he doesn't want to play with James. That he would rather go to Dallas and play with Dirk. OUCH!

I'm serious. When Melo is on his game he's as solid as anybody. I've never liked LeBron...but I don't take anything from how good he is. One thing that bugs me is that he rarely gets challenged when he drives to the net. I'm talking a good hard foul, not a love tap on the wrist, he's too big and strong for that to matter

Dude, no offense. But thinking Melo is a better player than LeBron is freaking NUTS!

Kobe and Steve Nash would be your top two players. I would probably put LeBron 3rd, though.

Kobe does not make his teammates better. He maybe now realizing how to, but he does not have the innate ability to know when to pass and when to shoot. I wouldn't put Kobe in my top five players right now. He can surely light a team up for many points, but as far as winning, he doesn't have the ability that people like Lebron, Nash, and Chris Paul do to raise the game of his teammates.

Kobe does not make his teammates better. He maybe now realizing how to, but he does not have the innate ability to know when to pass and when to shoot. I wouldn't put Kobe in my top five players right now. He can surely light a team up for many points, but as far as winning, he doesn't have the ability that people like Lebron, Nash, and Chris Paul do to raise the game of his teammates.

Not in the top five ? Are you serious ?

List your top 5 then. Just curious.

Why does anyone watch the NBA...?It really,really sucks!

Dudes...I stopped watching when Jordan retired...well,actually magic,but at least Jordan wasn't a ****y,pimp my ride,slap the ho's,make a rap tape,run in the stands and beat the audience type a crapper prick like ALL of THEM are...

NFL,college hoops is it...everything else really truly SUCKS!

Sorry,but sometimes the facts need to be presented....

I feel sorry for you. You're missing out. The NBA has never been as talented, league-wide, as it is now.

Of course you stopped watching when Magic retired so you wouldn't know that.

And keep judging an entire group of people based on the actions of a few individuals who were prodded by one disturbed individual. You sound like a real swell guy :rolleyes:

And keep judging an entire group of people based on the actions of a few individuals who were prodded by one disturbed individual. You sound like a real swell guy :rolleyes:

I agree that you can't judge the entire league based on the actions of a few, but come on. You can't excuse going into the stands and swinging at fans either. There's a reason there's security and law enforcement at every game. And there's also a reason why NBA players are refered to as professionals.

Yeah, good points. And they were saying this very thing today on First Take. I'm assuming that's where you got it from. They also said that Kidd has said, at least, privately, that he doesn't want to play with James. That he would rather go to Dallas and play with Dirk. OUCH!

Nope. Didn't even get to see First Take.

Lebron is definitely not a ball hog . . . and he makes his teammates better. I happen to be a big Garnett fan and although their games are completely different and they play different positions, they both have the ability to make teammates better and are fierce competitors. I won't ever knock Lebron for his game, besides the below average jumpshot he came into the league with . . . that has been steadily improving ever since.

However, the guys story about meeting Lebron and him getting tickets from him is the first story I have ever heard about Lebron being a good guy and not some egomaniac. All the stories I have heard before that had involved ignoring fans, getting boyguards to kick people off of PUBLIC basketball courts so Lebron could use them, etc. Assuming his story is true it would be nice if he were growing out of being such a douchebag. That is why I am such a big Garnett fan, besides being a great player he makes his team better and has always been known to be a great guy off the court.

Not in the top five ? Are you serious ?

List your top 5 then. Just curious.

Hmm, well I haven't really thought about it much, I meant it as a figure of speech. But I guess if you held a gun to my head, I'd come up with names like:

Chris Paul or Deron Williams (at this point I'd pick Deron Williams because he plays better defense and he has a better shot, although Chris Paul is the MVP of this league right now)

Steve Nash (the epitome of making his teammates better while being clutch)

Lebron (despite him being an *******, he's the new era Magic Johnson; if Mike Brown played an up-tempo style game, LBJ would average a triple double)

Duncan/KG (great defense, post presence, and they can pass out of the double-team)

Baron Davis when healthy and he's playing within the system

Caron Butler (I have a Wizards bias, but he's still definitely up there)

In a couple of years Brandon Roy, Mike Conley Jr., and Jose Calderon will be very high on my list. These guys play the game the right way.

Notice I didn't put T-Mac, Kobe, Arenas, Durant, Iverson, or Melo up there. This game is a 5 on 5 game, not a 1 on 1 AND1 exhibition. Anyone who is a volume shooter can get points. What separates LBJ and Butler and Roy from these players is that they know when to pass, they play great defense, and they board better than average.

Also notice that most of these guys are PGs. I'd much rather have a PG like Paul, Williams, or Nash than a gunner like Kobe.

Hmm, well I haven't really thought about it much, I meant it as a figure of speech. But I guess if you held a gun to my head, I'd come up with names like:

Chris Paul or Deron Williams (at this point I'd pick Deron Williams because he plays better defense and he has a better shot, although Chris Paul is the MVP of this league right now)

Steve Nash (the epitome of making his teammates better while being clutch)

Lebron (despite him being an *******, he's the new era Magic Johnson; if Mike Brown played an up-tempo style game, LBJ would average a triple double)

Duncan/KG (great defense, post presence, and they can pass out of the double-team)

Baron Davis when healthy and he's playing within the system

Caron Butler (I have a Wizards bias, but he's still definitely up there)

In a couple of years Brandon Roy, Mike Conley Jr., and Jose Calderon will be very high on my list. These guys play the game the right way.

Notice I didn't put T-Mac, Kobe, Arenas, Durant, Iverson, or Melo up there. This game is a 5 on 5 game, not a 1 on 1 AND1 exhibition. Anyone who is a volume shooter can get points. What separates LBJ and Butler and Roy from these players is that they know when to pass, they play great defense, and they board better than average.

Also notice that most of these guys are PGs. I'd much rather have a PG like Paul, Williams, or Nash than a gunner like Kobe.

I understand your reasoning except for the fact that you have Baron Davis on your list . . . which doesn't make sense to me if you're talking about non-ball hogs

TR, I almost put this in my initial post and decided to backspace, because I didn't think you realized what you were saying at the time.

As you stated most of those guys are point guards. What is the primary job of the point guard ? And tell me again what the 2 guard is typically called ?

JMU, I met Garnett about 2 years ago pretty cool guy but obviously a little paranoid since his bodyguard even went to the bathroom with him.

Archived