Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking News: LeBron James' Ego The Size of Universe

KDawg

TR, I almost put this in my initial post and decided to backspace, because I didn't think you realized what you were saying at the time.

As you stated most of those guys are point guards. What is the primary job of the point guard ? And tell me again what the 2 guard is typically called ?

JMU, I met Garnett about 2 years ago pretty cool guy but obviously a little paranoid since his bodyguard even went to the bathroom with him.

I'm pretty sure that's how most of those guys roll. I imagine that having multiple $100 million contracts can make you a target.

I hope he was cool guy. That's what I have always heard and he is definitely my favorite athlete, would be disappointing to hear otherwise.

LOL you didn't try to talk to him while he was taking a piss did you? :laugh:

I'm pretty sure that's how most of those guys roll. I imagine that having multiple $100 million contracts can make you a target.

I hope he was cool guy. That's what I have always heard and he is definitely my favorite athlete, would be disappointing to hear otherwise.

LOL you didn't try to talk to him while he was taking a piss did you? :laugh:

Actually most of them don't roll like that. I have met many over the years.

No, no urinal conversations for me, I hate that crap.

Actually most of them don't roll like that. I have met many over the years.

No, no urinal conversations for me, I hate that crap.

You must have sweet luck, or a sweet job. Anytime I have ever seen a major athlete in person they have had at the very least a bodyguard. Most of the time I have seen them with an entire entourage.

LBJ,MJ,KG,AI, Carmelo, and many others I have only ever seen with bodyguards when out in a public place.

I agree that you can't judge the entire league based on the actions of a few, but come on. You can't excuse going into the stands and swinging at fans either. There's a reason there's security and law enforcement at every game. And there's also a reason why NBA players are refered to as professionals.

Wow, and I guess there is not law enforcement at every Skins game?

I'm no major fan of the NBA, but it definitely gets a bad rap because it's the blackest of all the leagues. The NFL & MLB have more than their fair share of problems. I'm sure NASCAR does too, but I don't care enough to pay attention. :D

Kobe does not make his teammates better. He maybe now realizing how to, but he does not have the innate ability to know when to pass and when to shoot. I wouldn't put Kobe in my top five players right now. He can surely light a team up for many points, but as far as winning, he doesn't have the ability that people like Lebron, Nash, and Chris Paul do to raise the game of his teammates.

Dude, seriously, this is a load of crap. Kobe not in someone's top 5? That's ridiculous. You may not like the guy, due to arrogance, blame him for running off Shaq, or even the rape case. But c'mon. Let's be real here. And I would have agreed with you a year or so ago about him not making his teammates better. But I think the guy has taken major steps in this area this year. And it also has not hurt that guys like Andrew Bynum and others on the Lakers have blossomed into good players. But I think alot of that credit goes to Kobe.

Hmm, well I haven't really thought about it much, I meant it as a figure of speech. But I guess if you held a gun to my head, I'd come up with names like:

Chris Paul or Deron Williams (at this point I'd pick Deron Williams because he plays better defense and he has a better shot, although Chris Paul is the MVP of this league right now)

Steve Nash (the epitome of making his teammates better while being clutch)

Lebron (despite him being an *******, he's the new era Magic Johnson; if Mike Brown played an up-tempo style game, LBJ would average a triple double)

Duncan/KG (great defense, post presence, and they can pass out of the double-team)

Baron Davis when healthy and he's playing within the system

Caron Butler (I have a Wizards bias, but he's still definitely up there)

In a couple of years Brandon Roy, Mike Conley Jr., and Jose Calderon will be very high on my list. These guys play the game the right way.

Notice I didn't put T-Mac, Kobe, Arenas, Durant, Iverson, or Melo up there. This game is a 5 on 5 game, not a 1 on 1 AND1 exhibition. Anyone who is a volume shooter can get points. What separates LBJ and Butler and Roy from these players is that they know when to pass, they play great defense, and they board better than average.

Also notice that most of these guys are PGs. I'd much rather have a PG like Paul, Williams, or Nash than a gunner like Kobe.

Chris Paul? Deron Williams? Baron Davis? Caron Butler? These guys are better than Kobe? WTF?! :doh: :laugh: Are you SERIOUS?!?!

I understand your reasoning except for the fact that you have Baron Davis on your list . . . which doesn't make sense to me if you're talking about non-ball hogs

Well, I'll admit, Baron Davis is a guilty pleasure of mine. I do like the way he runs Golden State's run and gun offense, and he's pretty well-spoken, too. He can be the most talented player on the floor when he wants, but sometimes he really doesn't fit into my purist version of basketball.

Dude, seriously, this is a load of crap. Kobe not in someone's top 5? That's ridiculous. You may not like the guy, due to arrogance, blame him for running off Shaq, or even the rape case. But c'mon. Let's be real here. And I would have agreed with you a year or so ago about him not making his teammates better. But I think the guy has taken major steps in this area this year. And it also has not hurt that guys like Andrew Bynum and others on the Lakers have blossomed into good players. But I think alot of that credit goes to Kobe.

It's not a load of crap. I could care less about the Shaq fiasco, the rape charges, or his arrogance. I'll agree that he has made great strides in making his teammates better, and he may convince me that he's turned the corner in the future, but right now, I don't like his game. He has not done anything since Shaq left except launch shot after shot after shot. Simply because he has the best one-on-one game in the league doesn't mean he can lead his team to a championship. The game is a five-on-five team game, which Kobe has trouble with. Also, don't give me that he hasn't had talent on his team, because a rookie D-Wade took a team with very similar talent to the playoffs and got to the second round (and nearly beat a very, very good Indiana Pacer team). If Kobe wins a championship in the near future, it will be because of the drafting of Bynum and the acquisition of Gasol. Otherwise, he would have gunned his team to a so-so record and a first-round exit.

Chris Paul? Deron Williams? Baron Davis? Caron Butler? These guys are better than Kobe? WTF?! :doh: :laugh: Are you SERIOUS?!?!

I may have let my homerism get the best of me with Butler, but I still think Butler is more efficient and a better building block to a championship than Kobe. As for the others, there's no question I would rather have a fantastic PG than a volume shooter. Sorry my notion of team basketball doesn't fit into your world of AND1 highlight reels.

Well, I'll admit, Baron Davis is a guilty pleasure of mine. I do like the way he runs Golden State's run and gun offense, and he's pretty well-spoken, too. He can be the most talented player on the floor when he wants, but sometimes he really doesn't fit into my purist version of basketball.

It's not a load of crap. I could care less about the Shaq fiasco, the rape charges, or his arrogance. I'll agree that he has made great strides in making his teammates better, and he may convince me that he's turned the corner in the future, but right now, I don't like his game. He has not done anything since Shaq left except launch shot after shot after shot. Simply because he has the best one-on-one game in the league doesn't mean he can lead his team to a championship. The game is a five-on-five team game, which Kobe has trouble with. Also, don't give me that he hasn't had talent on his team, because a rookie D-Wade took a team with very similar talent to the playoffs and got to the second round (and nearly beat a very, very good Indiana Pacer team). If Kobe wins a championship in the near future, it will be because of the drafting of Bynum and the acquisition of Gasol. Otherwise, he would have gunned his team to a so-so record and a first-round exit.

I may have let my homerism get the best of me with Butler, but I still think Butler is more efficient and a better building block to a championship than Kobe. As for the others, there's no question I would rather have a fantastic PG than a volume shooter. Sorry my notion of team basketball doesn't fit into your world of AND1 highlight reels.

:doh:

I didn't forget Duncan or KG...read my post again. Also, I never said it was my top five, just people I thought played the game the best.

Good argument :rolleyes:

I already tried reasoning with you. But when you said guys like Deron Williams and Caron Butler were better players than Kobe I lost ALL hope for you, man! At that point the debate was pretty much over for me.

TR, I almost put this in my initial post and decided to backspace, because I didn't think you realized what you were saying at the time.

As you stated most of those guys are point guards. What is the primary job of the point guard ? And tell me again what the 2 guard is typically called ?

That's a valid point, but the reason I choose so many PGs is because I think they're much more valuable than a shooting guard. That's why I don't really value guys like Kobe or Arenas, because they can't make their teammates better. This might have to do with their position, but it's also inherent in their game. LBJ plays the 2 or 3 similarly Kobe, but he has an innate way of making his teammates better. So I would say while the position has something to do with it, it's more intrinsic to their games.

What it boils down to is that your position on the court should not dictate whether you make your teammates better.

I already tried reasoning with you. But when you said guys like Deron Williams and Caron Butler were better players than Kobe I lost ALL hope for you, man! At that point the debate was pretty much over for me.

"Dude, that's a load of crap" isn't really reasoning.

That's a valid point, but the reason I choose so many PGs is because I think they're much more valuable than a shooting guard. That's why I don't really value guys like Kobe or Arenas, because they can't make their teammates better. This might have to do with their position, but it's also inherent in their game. LBJ plays the 2 or 3 similarly Kobe, but he has an innate way of making his teammates better. So I would say while the position has something to do with it, it's more intrinsic to their games.

What it boils down to is that your position on the court should not dictate whether you make your teammates better.

"Dude, that's a load of crap" isn't really reasoning.

Seriously, man. I shouldn't HAVE TO go into much detail. Deron Williams? Caron Butler? Better players than Kobe Bryant? That is so ridiculous that I would actually feel dumb trying to explain to you how ridiculous that is. To borrow Mercury Morris' line.... Let me know when you're in my "neighborhood". Because, man, I think your Garmin is messed up. :doh:

Seriously, man. I shouldn't HAVE TO go into much detail. Deron Williams? Caron Butler? Better players than Kobe Bryant? That is so ridiculous that I would actually feel dumb trying to explain to you how ridiculous that is. To borrow Mercury Morris' line.... Let me know when you're in my "neighborhood". Because, man, I think your Garmin is messed up. :doh:

Well, you seem to think your argument is so persuasive, so why don't you spill it. I have yet to hear you actually say why you think Kobe is so much better than all these players. Perhaps you don't really have an argument other than to blindly support the status quo without questioning why Kobe hasn't won a title (or even a first round series) without Shaq, despite Kobe's immense talent. Instead of simply dismissing me with quotes and personal attacks, why don't you enlighten me with your oh-so-eloquent argument? You know what, screw it, I'm done with you. Next time you want to debate a topic, come up with something a little better than emoticons.

Kobe would be in my top 5, but probably 5th. You could make an argument that he would drop out if he had a bad stretch (see: Wade, Dwayne) but you could say that for anyone. FWIW, i cant stand Kobe.

Back on topic. Yes, LBJ has a huge ego. So would you if you were LBJ. Its just the fact that he is still very immature as a person and doesnt know how to work the media yet that gets him in trouble.

If you are a great player, why is saying so such a big deal? :whoknows:

Well, you seem to think your argument is so persuasive, so why don't you spill it. I have yet to hear you actually say why you think Kobe is so much better than all these players. Perhaps you don't really have an argument other than to blindly support the status quo without questioning why Kobe hasn't won a title (or even a first round series) without Shaq, despite Kobe's immense talent. Instead of simply dismissing me with quotes and personal attacks, why don't you enlighten me with your oh-so-eloquent argument? You know what, screw it, I'm done with you. Next time you want to debate a topic, come up with something a little better than emoticons.

Sorry, man. But emoticons are in order for someone that thinks Deron Williams and Caron Butler are better players than Kobe Bryant. :laugh: Further, I can't believe you actually expect me to give you reasons as to why Bryant is the better player. That is just hilarious. Seriously? Why do you even WATCH the NBA, man? And im not joking about that. And, do you really think Kobe is nothing more than a scorer? You don't think he can play defense? You don't think he can pass? Slash to the basket? Free throws? 3-pters? Turn-around jumpers? There's actually little flaws at all in the man's game. And I don't care what you say, the guy, up until probably this year, has had crap around him. Look at how much better this team is now that Bynum has matured etc And, with the addition of another quality player like Gasol, the sky's the limit. I'm not a Laker fan. But I can see this team competing for a title. But I think they are probably a year away, still. Admit it, man. You are a Kobe-hater. There's no other explanation I can think of.

Kobe gets his team to the playoffs year after year with a trashy team in the WEST

Odom has always been good although injury prone. And I wouldn't say the Lakers were "trash" any year recently. They were below Laker standards, but not trash. And year after year? Sure. But Shaq hasn't been gone THAT long.

But that's beside the point.

I'm not saying LeBron isn't good. I am saying I wouldn't like to be his teammate. He's me first, and it's obvious.

Odom has always been good although injury prone. And I wouldn't say the Lakers were "trash" any year recently. They were below Laker standards, but not trash. And year after year? Sure. But Shaq hasn't been gone THAT long.
Nah man, trash.

Devean George, Smush Parker, Chris Mihm, Brian Cook, Kwame Brown, Chucky Atkins are not quality starters. And when these types of players are in your starting 5 your bench is filled with guys like Medvedenko, Luke Walton, Vujacic and Maurice Evans.

I'm a huge Wiz fan and everything but LeBron is 100% right. He gives that team a chance every night. How many players can give you 32 8 and 8? If I'm a Cleveland fan, I like hearing that. He is 23 years old and has the mindset of an all time great and hes not even in his prime. He expects to dominate just like all of the greats. What great player honestly doesnt believe he gives his team a shot every night? I dont want a wussy franchise player.

You HONESTLY think Deron Williams and Butler are better than Bryant? Bryant is the only player in the NBA who will score 30 and lock down on the other end. His on the ball defense is top notch as evident with his all nba defensive first team nominations. He also has made a living hitting clutch shots in the postseason. He dominates in the playoffs. He is the best 1 on 1 scorer since MJ. He isnt my favorite player, but he is hands down the best the NBA has to offer.

I'm a huge Wiz fan and everything but LeBron is 100% right. He gives that team a chance every night. How many players can give you 32 8 and 8? If I'm a Cleveland fan, I like hearing that. He is 23 years old and has the mindset of an all time great and hes not even in his prime. He expects to dominate just like all of the greats. What great player honestly doesnt believe he gives his team a shot every night? I dont want a wussy franchise player.

If you're a FAN you may want to hear that, but do you HONESTLY think any teammate wants to hear from the star on their team that they're expendable? Put yourself in the situation.

I myself would despise him for all he was worth.

And yes, any great franchise player should feel that way, and should have a swagger about them. But saying things like "As long as I'm healthy we have a chance... doesn't matter who is on the court with me" (paraphrased) is unnecessary. Anyone with a brain can see LeBron is the best player on that team and one of the tops in the league. We all can see he's ****y and doesn't lack confidence.

Why put down your teammates in order to inflate your ego some more? LeBron got the Cavs to the finals, he needs another piece to get back. If he alienates enough folks, he'll be more of a bain to the Cavs than their savior.

Archived