Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking News: LeBron James' Ego The Size of Universe

KDawg

I'm a huge Wiz fan and everything but LeBron is 100% right. He gives that team a chance every night. How many players can give you 32 8 and 8? If I'm a Cleveland fan, I like hearing that. He is 23 years old and has the mindset of an all time great and hes not even in his prime. He expects to dominate just like all of the greats. What great player honestly doesnt believe he gives his team a shot every night? I dont want a wussy franchise player.

Am I the only one who thinks Lebron might really be 33? :laugh:

Wow, and I guess there is not law enforcement at every Skins game?

I'm no major fan of the NBA, but it definitely gets a bad rap because it's the blackest of all the leagues. The NFL & MLB have more than their fair share of problems. I'm sure NASCAR does too, but I don't care enough to pay attention. :D

Exactly. It's hilarious to hear or watch any NFL fan try to bash the NBA and it's players. And keep falling back on an incident that happened three years ago. Let me check todays paper and see what I can bring up about the NFL. Hmmm, where can I start. Give me a break.

Now, back to this thread. I'm glad it got bumped. Some friends suggested I post a couple of things in regards to Lebron:

www.ihatelebronjames.com

http://www.stopmikelupica.com/2007/03/stephon_marbury_owns_lebron_ja.php

Off the court, Marbury also beat LeBron in some sneaker sh*t talk, according to Ken Berger (once again coming through with some good Knicks info over at Newsday):

Before the game, James took a little shot at Marbury's $14.98 kicks, saying he couldn't imagine endorsing a sneaker that cheap.

"No, I don't think so," James said. "Me being with Nike, we hold our standards high."

Wow LeBron, where to come off like a total prick! I understand you get paid a billion dollars (or $90 million, to be exact), but need you be such a corporate sellout that you feel the need to belittle Marbury's sneakers, the one redeeming aspect of Steph's basketball career? Really? In case you didn't know it, his $15 sneakers are affordable for most poor kids who want to play basketball, and can't afford $150 sneakers (like LeBron's Nikes). Morever, Steph gave away a pair of his sneakers to every public high school player in NYC this year. He's doing something good for kids.

And, hell, he's not only helping kids, you know. I've brought Starbury's. I forgot to bring my kicks to work one day when I had a game that night, so instead of running home to get them (and probably having to spring for a cab), or buying a new $$ pair, I headed down to Steve & Barry's and brought some Starburys. For $10. Disposable sneakers, what a concept!

Here's Steph's response to LeBron's comments, again according to Ken Berger:

Marbury, who is friendly with James, was lacing up his Starburys before the game when informed of LeBron's comment. He thought about it for a moment and said, "I'd rather own than be owned."

That's Marbury noting that he owns his sneaker company. So, yeah, his sneakers may not be "quality" (even though everyone who has tried them that I know agrees that they are indistinguishable from Nikes in quality), you know straight from the bleeding hands of a Vietnamese child laborer getting paid a nickel an hour quality, but Marbury is getting a cut from every sneaker he sells. Which is more than you are. If Marbury ever locks the sneaker industry up, sorta like Q-Rich locks your annointed yet to get out of the second round ass up everytime you two face off, you may find out what the difference between being a follower (wannabe Jordan) and being a pioneer really is. You want to be like Hova? Well, Marbury is more Hova than you'll ever be - he's from Brooklyn, he owns his own sneaker line, and he's got a talk show. Own the rights to yourself first....

It's not a load of crap. I could care less about the Shaq fiasco, the rape charges, or his arrogance. I'll agree that he has made great strides in making his teammates better, and he may convince me that he's turned the corner in the future, but right now, I don't like his game. He has not done anything since Shaq left except launch shot after shot after shot. Simply because he has the best one-on-one game in the league doesn't mean he can lead his team to a championship. The game is a five-on-five team game, which Kobe has trouble with. Also, don't give me that he hasn't had talent on his team, because a rookie D-Wade took a team with very similar talent to the playoffs and got to the second round (and nearly beat a very, very good Indiana Pacer team). If Kobe wins a championship in the near future, it will be because of the drafting of Bynum and the acquisition of Gasol. Otherwise, he would have gunned his team to a so-so record and a first-round exit..

saying he's only a shooter is ridiculous. Kobe has consistently been on NBA 1st team defense. Defense is an aspect that gets overlooked, but Kobe plays hard on defense which is why i like his game. alot of top players in this league slack on defense (especially steve nash). i don't understand how anyone can say he isn't top 5, but hey whatever works for you.

you can't say that it will be because of bynum and getting gasol if they win the ship. kobe has definitley changed his mentality about shooting this year. he's still getting his shots, but its coming within the offense, not goin around it. imagine how high his assist total would be if Kwame could actually make a lay-up :laugh:

Archived