Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking News: LeBron James' Ego The Size of Universe

KDawg

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nba&id=3234433

James, too, knows that adding another big player can lead to problems.

"It can mess up the chemistry a little bit and it could take a little longer for them to fit in, maybe not," he said. "The reward is you get a good player. Like the Lakers, they got a guy (Gasol) who has averaged 20 (points) and 12 (rebounds) for his whole career. Last night, Kobe Bryant gets six points and the Lakers win by 15, that's the reward.

"It all depends on what caliber of player you are getting and how fast he can adjust to the new system."

If the Cavaliers stand pat and don't make a trade, James is confident the defending Eastern Conference champs are still good enough to win it all.

"As long as I'm healthy, we're going to give ourselves a chance to win," he said. "No matter who is out on the court with me."

This is pretty much the only relevent part of the article...

There you have it. Put a bunch of monkeys in a uniform and James will have a chance to win.

Why does he need Kidd, again?

He's great all by himself :rolleyes:

Sounds pretty matter-of-fact to me, and accurate.

Accurate? I don't think so. He certainly doesn't have the best supporting cast, but that team could win games without him (albeit not a astronomical amount of games, but win none the less). LeBron DOES put them over the top.

He can't win with just anybody, as he implied here. And if I were a teammate I'd be extremely pissed at that statement and his constant parading for Kidd knowing that at least a few of them would need to be traded for him.

Accurate? I don't think so. He certainly doesn't have the best supporting cast, but that team could win games without him (albeit not a astronomical amount of games, but win none the less). LeBron DOES put them over the top.

He can't win with just anybody, as he implied here. And if I were a teammate I'd be extremely pissed at that statement and his constant parading for Kidd knowing that at least a few of them would need to be traded for him.

Have you seen them play with Lebron out?? They would be a 10-15 win team without him

Really KDawg, you have to really reach to find anything Lebron said in that article offensive. His answers were all pretty much innoucous.

Would he like to have Jason Kidd on the team?

Yeah, we'd be awesome with him on the team.

Is it necessary to have multiple stars on a team to win it all?

It helps.

But what if the Cavs stand pat?

We'll still be okay. We can win with whoever's on the floor.

Hardly Terrell Owens-esque.

Don't even get me started on this dude. One of the biggest pricks around.

Do you really think so? The impression I get is that he's one of the more level-headed mega-superstars around. And I've heard from people in the Akron-Canton area - though admittedly second- and third-hand, and admittedly more from his high school days - that supports that. Do you have evidence otherwise?

So he is a dunk-a-roo-dipsy-doo kinda player?

Then he can't carry his team. I need to know if the man can play basketball.

Yeah but he's pretty much unlike anyone that's ever played. He is ridiculously strong. And don't get me wrong, when he needs to, he can drain 25-30 footers. Dude is a pretty complete player. And we already know he can carry his team, he did it last year when he pretty much single-handedly lead them to the Finals.

I still despise him.

Do you really think so? The impression I get is that he's one of the more level-headed mega-superstars around. And I've heard from people in the Akron-Canton area - though admittedly second- and third-hand, and admittedly more from his high school days - that supports that. Do you have evidence otherwise?

Steve Buckhantz has said that he is a complete *******, that he treats the fans like ****, and that he is the exact opposite of what you want your superstars to be. I'm more inclined to go by him then your second and third hand stories from his boys back in Akron. No offense or anything.

Steve Buckhantz has said that he is a complete *******, that he treats the fans like ****, and that he is the exact opposite of what you want your superstars to be. I'm more inclined to go by him then your second and third hand stories from his boys back in Akron. No offense or anything.

Well the second and third hand stories come from upper middle class moms, not his boys. But I also have respect for Buckhantz. So assuming what you're saying is accurate, who knows?

So he is a dunk-a-roo-dipsy-doo kinda player?

Then he can't carry his team. I need to know if the man can play basketball.

Can't carry his team? You realize you're talking about the guy who pretty much single handedly led his team to the Finals last year, right?

Well the second and third hand stories come from upper middle class moms, not his boys. But I also have respect for Buckhantz. So assuming what you're saying is accurate, who knows?

Indeed, I promise what I say is true. He was on the Sports Reporters and they were talking about the biggest ******* in sports. I was actually surprised he called him out as bluntly as he did (although I doubt Lebron a) would ever in a million years hear about it, and B) he would care if he did.)

The Cavs suck. The other players on that team are not good.

Heres tonights starting five:

Lebron

Donyell Marshall

Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Larry Hughes

Ira Newble

Lebron plays point forward, ala Scottie Pippen back in the day.

Nobody on the Cavs should be insulted that he wants Jason Kidd. The problem is, they don't have the firepower to get him.

Exhibit B:

p1.yankees.jpg

Could you imagine Gilbert Arenas going to a Skins game wearing a Cowboy hat and then, to top it off, put it up in the air and laugh at everyone? And it's even worse considering this is supposed to be Lebron's hometown, the city that made him.

Unfair comparrison. The Indians and Yankees aren't arch rivals like the Skins and Boys. Plus, Lebron has said before this that he's a Yanks fan and always has been. Also, tell me you didn't love it when that Mavs player (B.J. Armstrong?) got on the mic in Dallas and said Hail to the Redskins!

Unfair comparrison. The Indians and Yankees aren't arch rivals like the Skins and Boys. Plus, Lebron has said before this that he's a Yanks fan and always has been. Also, tell me you didn't love it when that Mavs player (B.J. Armstrong?) got on the mic in Dallas and said Hail to the Redskins!

Wow, a 20 year old kid is a frontrunner. I'm shocked.

Also, being a frontrunner & being a douchebag are 2 different things.....

I think that the fact that it was a playoff game for a team that hasn't won the WS in 50-some years makes it a fair comparison.

And yes, let's look at Lebron's "favorite" teams shall we (as he has admitted to himself, and I'll pull a link if I have to):

Baseball - Yankees

Basketball - Bulls

Football - Cowboys

Give me a break.

Archived