Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: Darrell Green And Art Monk Inducted Into NFL Hall Of Fame

JimmiJo

Does anyone else think the numbers are neat?

Darrell Green was drafted with the 28th overall pick.

He wore number 28 on the field.

He was elected into the Hall of Fame in 2oo8.

He will be enshrined on August 2nd (8-2), reveresed but still cool.

Congrats to Monk as well. Long over due. But I am glad that the two of them got to go in together.

I'd have never thought that the HoF Commitee would allow 2 Redskins to go in at once. The bias they have shown against Art has been amazing, so I'd was just hoping that one would get in. I thought that if they decided "guys, if we dont vote Art in, we'll probably be killed" they would leave Darrell hanging for a year.

Sometimes I really love being wrong. :point2sky

Two of the classiest men to have ever played the game. Canton is a much better place than it was yesterday due to them.:applause:

Congratulations to two men who were instrumental in helping my childhood memories of the Redskins be positive ones.

I will always appreciate the class and dignity with which Art and Darrell performed their jobs.

Hey mods, what are the chances that we can switch the entire board's avatars to Darrell Greens and Art Monks to celebrate their entrance in the pro football Hall of Fame until the end of August? ;)

Anybody with me? :)

The Coach that stood for Character, Integrity, Playin' with Heart, Dedication to the game, Committment to God, Family and Team -

well,

this Coach was talking about many players of that era - and another 2 were honored this weekend for their committment to the Redskin Nation :point2sky

:logo: A big congrats to the Washington Redskins Monk and Green :logo:

Well deserved

Archived