Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: Darrell Green And Art Monk Inducted Into NFL Hall Of Fame

JimmiJo

Congratulations to Art Monk and Darrell Green! I was already calling you guys Hall of Famers when you were still in uniform. Art Monk's dignified way of handling seven straight years of being passed over, to me, speaks volumes about what a gentleman and class act he is. Not because of any modesty, but because he always knew his own worth, to the Redskins Nation and NFL Football. He didn't have to blow his own horn, because his actions on and off the field spoke louder than words.

Great things come to decent people who wait, and also to decent people like Darrell Green, who didn't have to put up with the indignity of the little men with notepads blackballing him the way they did Art.

Green and Monk were the biggest men in football today, and I am thankful that they have made the Sundays afternoons of my life for over two decades meaningful and memorable.

I had a good feeling this would be the year for Monk. When I heard Peter King the other day say that no other WR should be inducted before Monk, and that they have to right the wrong, I figured he was pretty much a lock.

Congrats to both of them, two great players, and great men. Guess this is my year to go to Canton.

I watched the videos on The Washington Post and it did bring a tear to my eye.

Both Monk and Green were great football players in Washington, but as good as they were, they were better men. I remember watching them on Sundays and not being worried when something wasn't going our way because I knew they would come through when the chips were down. That's what made them great players.

What made them better men is the fact that neither of them got into any trouble and have lived thier lives not by thier words, but by thier actions. They have both taken thier fame and used it to make the DC area a better place. They have given back to the area that gave them so much love.

I am proud of both of them although they don't need that from me because what they have done with thier lives stands on it's own.

Thank you Art and Darrell, for everything.

Ken

What made them better men is the fact that neither of them got into any trouble and have lived thier lives not by thier words, but by thier actions. They have both taken thier fame and used it to make the DC area a better place. They have given back to the area that gave them so much love.

I am proud of both of them although they don't need that from me because what they have done with thier lives stands on it's own.

Thank you Art and Darryl, for everything.

Ken

_____________________________-

Could not have said it better Ken, I even read your post to my 8 year old. Thanks for doing it so well. Congrats #28 and #81

Congrats Darrell Green, being one of the best cornerbacks in history you deserve this honor and to be a first ballot it just goes to show where your place in history is.

Art Monk, for too many years the voters pasted you over and made excuses of why you shouldn't be in the Hall but now the wait is over and your place as one of the greastes wide receiver in history is sealed, congrats to you Art.

Hail to Darrell & Art, Hail to the Redskins, can't wait for the season to start!!!

:helmet::helmet::logo::logo::applause::applause:

Archived