Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chad Johnson "We're all looking for jobs right now" (Mooch related)

Zhouse

chad johnson wants to win... period

hes exactly like clinton portis, he wants to just win, and he has fun doing so.

has johnson thrown any of his teammates under the bus? no

has he played through injuries, and proven his toughness on a consistent basis? yes

seriously, if you dont think johnson is overrated, or is a cancer, you really no nothing about football and should just keep your mouth shut

B.Lloyd and Betts i would think would get the job done. swapping wr's that dont want to be on the team they currently are on, and we throw in Betts to make up the difference in caliber of players being swapped.

If all it took to get Chad Johnson was Lloyd and Betts, then i'd do that without even having to think about it.

Posted at 1:59 PM ET, 01/31/2008

Ocho Cinco

Cincinnati Pro Bowl WR Chad Johnson wants to be traded. There's really no denying it. He's doing every TV and radio show possible at the media circus that is the Super Bowl, letting it be known that his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, is "The Shark" and working on finding ways to make Johnson more happy.

Sure, Johnson hasn't come right out and said publicly that he wants out, but the spectacle he is making of himself is clearly intended to put pressure on the Bengals to do something with him, as to this point Coach Marvin Lewis has said he will not trade the highly talented but enigmatic wideout.

Don't surprised to the see the Redskins as major players in the sweepstakes to land him should the Bengals shop him around. He has been discussed by owner Daniel Snyder and executive vice president Vinny Cerrato at length and his name came up frequently in conversations with coaching candidates, league sources said, expecting the Redskins to make a concerted push if he hits the market

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Posted at 1:59 PM ET, 01/31/2008

Ocho Cinco

Cincinnati Pro Bowl WR Chad Johnson wants to be traded. There's really no denying it. He's doing every TV and radio show possible at the media circus that is the Super Bowl, letting it be known that his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, is "The Shark" and working on finding ways to make Johnson more happy.

Sure, Johnson hasn't come right out and said publicly that he wants out, but the spectacle he is making of himself is clearly intended to put pressure on the Bengals to do something with him, as to this point Coach Marvin Lewis has said he will not trade the highly talented but enigmatic wideout.

Don't surprised to the see the Redskins as major players in the sweepstakes to land him should the Bengals shop him around. He has been discussed by owner Daniel Snyder and executive vice president Vinny Cerrato at length and his name came up frequently in conversations with coaching candidates, league sources said, expecting the Redskins to make a concerted push if he hits the market

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Com'on Danny...press the button!!

I would take CJ in a heartbeat and would do whatever it took to get him. He's the big play, big receiver we need. Despite what others say, he's not a headcase, unless you call guys who want to win headcases. On a team that has had more trouble with the law than any other pro sports team, CJ has never had any off the field problems (that I know of). From what I've heard, his work ethic and film study is legendary.

Get CJ if you can. There isn't a single player or draft pick that I wouldn't give up to get him (yes, that includes CP - but I would expect more in return like a second round pick or something).

Hail,

H

If all it took to get Chad Johnson was Lloyd and Betts, then i'd do that without even having to think about it.

What if they didn't want LLoyd (contract not withstanding an issue you'd need Lloyd to take a resctructure or something to make him tradable)

What about Moss and Betts? And maybe Jon Jansen while we are at it :D

I think most people agree that CJ is a game breaker. And he would help a team stretch the field. But, IMO there are bigger needs...the entire starting OL is over 30. What good is a stretched field when the QB is laying on the ground with the ball in his hand? By most accounts, the loss at Seattle was due to an overmatched OL. So now the answer is to get a WR?

I think most people agree that CJ is a game breaker. And he would help a team stretch the field. But, IMO there are bigger needs...the entire starting OL is over 30. What good is a stretched field when the QB is laying on the ground with the ball in his hand? By most accounts, the loss at Seattle was due to an overmatched OL. So now the answer is to get a WR?

Most people here would probably go with the plan of getting CJ, then focusing our draft entirely on OL, if not a little for depth at DB and possibly a DE/OLB. This way, we build depth, we build potential, and our OL problem is temporarily (if not permanently, should we draft a stud) fixed.

I agree.. I would only make a move for CJ with a couple of our players and maybe a late 2nd day pick.

]']Most people here would probably go with the plan of getting CJ' date=' then focusing our draft entirely on OL, if not a little for depth at DB and possibly a DE/OLB. This way, we build depth, we build potential, and our OL problem is temporarily (if not permanently, should we draft a stud) fixed.[/quote']

I dunno man...this team needs to make some moves just to get DOWN to the cap. After doing so, they will probably need a QB or 2, a CB (or 2 depending on Rogers), OL, DL, and maybe more before taking on another monster contract at WR. And we still don't even know what kind of offense this team will run.

Heard on the Dallas radio today with Galloway, the rumor has it a deal with Chad Johnson for Roy Williams and a couple of picks is a possibility.

We all know how likely trades are, but man.

TO and Ocho Cinco on the same team? I can't wait to see that one explode once one of them isn't getting the ball

OCHO CINCO to DC!!

I really don't understand why people want Chad Johnson, if this was a Bengals board the guy would be getting torn apart the way he is shopping himself around. He's got no class, he's a "me first" player and his act is getting tired very fast.

Chad is made from the same cloth as TO and Randy Moss. If the team is doing well and they are getting the ball you won't hear anything from them.

It's the risk you run with a player like Chad.

I really don't understand why people want Chad Johnson, if this was a Bengals board the guy would be getting torn apart the way he is shopping himself around. He's got no class, he's a "me first" player and his act is getting tired very fast.
CJ would be a definite talent upgrade for us, but I agree with Grimm. Not to mention the payday he would be looking for.

Archived