Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chad Johnson "We're all looking for jobs right now" (Mooch related)

Zhouse

]']Name 5 Great WRs right now who can run block well.

He is FAR from over rated. Randy Moss' date=' TO, Reggie Wayne- all were integral parts of the top three teams during the regular season- all of them are in the same class of Johnson.

He would be more than worth it. If nothing else, his dominance will lead to defenses having to give less attention to Moss, Randel El, Cooley, Portis (maybe even Lloyd?). Look at Crayton and Welker, both had career years playing behind their stud WRs. Witten and Watson also played huge roles this season.

Obviously, the addition of Johnson will be void if our line doesn't play well, but IF we get him, we could use our first rounder for a pass rusher (DE or OLB) and the rest of our picks for depth.[/quote']

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:applause::applause::applause:

Because winning changes players' attitude. See TO press conference after the Giants Game.

Ok...the Bengals have won 42 games over the last 5 seasons. The Skins have won 35. If he is a bad influence on a team with a higher-winning percentage, what the hell would he be on a worse one?

I really don't understand why people want Chad Johnson, if this was a Bengals board the guy would be getting torn apart the way he is shopping himself around. He's got no class, he's a "me first" player and his act is getting tired very fast.

he just wants out of Cinci, can't blame him too much for that. I think he would fit in here. I just wouldn't want to drop a huge FA contract on him. If we can trade BL for him in some way, or if we could get him on the cheap I would welcome it.

But make no mistake about it ... IF he were here in the B&G next year, as soon as he scores his first TD everyone will be going nuts. Imagine how much more dangerous our offense would be with him on the field.

Imagine having a WR the caliber of ARE playing in the slot? Moss on the outside? Say what you want about Ocho, but I think coming in a a FA he would understand that this is not HIS team, but that he would be a part of it.

If we're gonna give a new HC another chance, why wouldn't we give an amazing like Ocho a shot? Say what you want about TO or Moss, but I do not see ONE Pats fan or Cowboys fan complaining about either of those players.

Bottom line, Ocho produces and he just wants to win. There is a huge difference between a guy like him, and a guy like BLlyod, a huge difference. I'll leave everyone their own opinion of each of these guys.

Of course, he has to WANT to be a Redskins, and he has to not get the highest contract in the history of the game for a WR. For a modest contract, or a late round draft pick I would welcome him here, just like Mooch.

But that is all moot because he most likely wants a 10 mill signing bonus. That's my $.02.

Bram Weinstein says he'd love to have Chad here from a strictly selfish viewpoint because he would be a great interview and make his job easier. If the team shows interest in him be prepared for the Washington media to be 100% behind it, until he is signed, then they will trash the team for doing it.

Hilarious :laugh: . The guy can definitely entertain as well as CP. Mooch was definitely nervous when CJ commented the job search.

if we can get him for the randy moss discount and not give up a 1st day pick, im all for it. other than that, no thank you.

Exactly. Nobody can doubt Ocho's skills. All this talk about him being a 'me first' player is exaggerated. You can win with a guy like that, see Dallas (TO), NE (Moss), NY (Plax) , and even us with CP. Chad is also forcing the Bengals' hand. Pretty soon they're going to have to unload if he keeps talking like this.

Get'em if the price is right, which it could be.

Ok...the Bengals have won 42 games over the last 5 seasons. The Skins have won 35. If he is a bad influence on a team with a higher-winning percentage, what the hell would he be on a worse one?

The skins do need help with the offense. The fact that we are 7 wins behind a team with TJ, Palmer and Chad tell you something

Cinci has a bigger problem to deal with (perhaps keeping their players out of jail)

Why wouldn't any player get frustrated when he have Pro Bowl caliber players year in year out?

I bet you would be whining too...if you were in his shoes.

If you watch Mooch during that segment he doesn't seem to impressed with Chad's antics. I would love for Mooch to be the next HC, but I would pass on Chad Johnson. His antics take away from the team and he isn't a team guy. He is a great receiver, but he would be a risk. Although I don't think he would be as big a risk T.O. was when Dallas signed him. I wouldn't want to play for a team that called me a cancer either.

I think Chad Johnson would be a GREAT pickup for the team, and he is the exact type of player we need. Let's face it: He hasn't always been a team player, but people change. Remember Randy Moss and the "discontent" label that he carried? Remember folks being against the acquisition of Moss for the same reasons? Now, everyone is kicking themselves for not taking Moss for a low draft pick.

Players react differently to coaches, other players, and environments. Maybe this could be the team where Johnson can find peace and happiness, and where we can enjoy #85 catching TDs from Campbell.

We need that big play, tall WR, and that would be Johnson. We need our Moss. We need our TO.

Good point....if he didn't have such a high price tag I would take that risk and bring him in.

Agree... you get a Moss type deal and you have to take the risk. Of course, "Moss type deal" and "Redskins" don't seem to go together. :)

yeah i would like to see that peace because he was dodging bullets by brett farve last night on the NFL Network as well. I think most people have a lot of respect for Steve Mariucci and would love to see him get back in to football. What would be a better job than the best Job in sports, the Washington Redskins

I would have agreed with you about the "best job in sports" bit 10 years ago but I'm not so sure that's the case anymore.

I was convinced earlier that Fizzel was still the lead candidate for HC and Danny was just letting things calm down a bit but now it's starting to look like Mooch, but who in the hell knows!

I'd love for him to really throw everybody for a loop and hire Russ Grimm being that he's ditched the man that should have been our next HC but it just doesn't add up with the hiring of Zorn. Grimm and Zorn are completely opposite in their offensive philosophies and Mooch is a WCO guy.

Back on subject, yes, I'd take Chad. With or without a WCO, having Moss and Johnson as your 2 primary receivers is down right scary. Then add Cooley, Portis as a RB/Receiver and.....well, you get the picture.

]']Name 5 Great WRs right now who can run block well.

He is FAR from over rated. Randy Moss' date=' TO, Reggie Wayne- all were integral parts of the top three teams during the regular season- all of them are in the same class of Johnson.

He would be more than worth it. If nothing else, his dominance will lead to defenses having to give less attention to Moss, Randel El, Cooley, Portis (maybe even Lloyd?). Look at Crayton and Welker, both had career years playing behind their stud WRs. Witten and Watson also played huge roles this season.

Obviously, the addition of Johnson will be void if our line doesn't play well, but IF we get him, we could use our first rounder for a pass rusher (DE or OLB) and the rest of our picks for depth.[/quote']

I just think that it's time we evolve as fans. We're never one player away. Who's to say we can't get the younger, cheaper, and even better Chad Johnson with our own 3rd round pick? He's got a few great years left in him maximum, and then it's steady decline while his cap hit steadily increases. No thanks.

Or... Randy Moss since joining NE...

How could anyone on that team possibly complain? All time best win/loss record, most TD receptions record...especially after leaving a team like Oakland.

Lets not kid ourselves here...the Skins are probably not going 13-3 next year like Dallas did or 19-0 like New England. We shouldn't compare the Skins to either of these teams.

I love Chad Johnson. It's not his fault his whole team has a criminal record. He is still one of the best receivers in the NFL. That said, I don't want him on the Redskins, I'd much rather have Roy Williams (receiver) for the money. But I sure as hell don't want him to go to Dallas, especially if their Roy Williams is involved in the trade. What would Moss do without Roy to burn twice a year?

How could anyone on that team possibly complain? All time best win/loss record, most TD receptions record...especially after leaving a team like Oakland.

Lets not kid ourselves here...the Skins are probably not going 13-3 next year like Dallas did or 19-0 like New England. We shouldn't compare the Skins to either of these teams.

Give me TO, R. Moss, Chad Johnson or Harrison etc... and I'll be ready to compare. Those guys are the x-factors. They help you become a winning team. You don't agree?

Archived