Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN News: Ron Meeks to get second interview Tuesday.Updated: Reid confirms.(Merged)

praise_gibbs

He isn't going to name anybody this week, so it makes sense to do 2nd interviews with candidates he was impressed with, such as Meeks and Schwartz. I'm sure given how we hear the 1st interview went, we'll interview Schwartz again too. Clayton did say 3/4 HC candidates approved of this staff of coordinators, so it's still open at this point.

So Gregg was the one that didint approve!?

Did anyone expect this? I wouldnt mind Meeks at all.

Most real reports have stated that BOTH Meeks and Fassel remain the front runners, so this isn't totally unexpected.

With Dungy making the decision to stay in Indy, this certainly isn't surprising.

Most real reports have stated that BOTH Meeks and Fassel remain the front runners, so this isn't totally unexpected.

With Dungy making the decision to stay in Indy, this certainly isn't surprising.

Ok, i just thought we would interview Spags and maybe Mcdaniels, i diidnt think that Meeks was a frontruner, and btw most reports on this search have been completly wrong...

I'd take Meeks over Fassel, that's for sure.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Meeks should've gotten a head coaching job a long time ago - I really think he deserved it after Indy's defense helped get them in the Super Bowl, especially. Indy plays in a tough division and his hiring here would really help get this team in the right direction.

True true but is he higher on Dan's list than Scwartz?

Thats somehting i wish to know.....

Wasn't Meeks the 3rd or 4th interview? I know Schwartz was first, with Fassel the mystery guy 2nd. GW was 3rd if I'm correct, then Meeks. Since GW dropped out, with Fassel already accounted for, perhaps they interview Schwartz and Meeks again. I'm sure GW was the one not approving of the OC of Zorn, seeing how Saunders and Williams were both released at the same time.

heres something i gathered by reading between the lines on fassels feeling used comment.

Dan interviewed both meeks and schwartz who are probably his picks to be H.C. on hearing names that he wasnt prepared for he tapped someone he tapped before for a interview (fassell) J.F. probably gave the same review of Zorn that had been previously uttered by other interviews. therfore zorn gets the offer. zorn most likely popped up in the mora interview as well.

blache also can be proven by this theroy as the skins will want a continuity link(i swear when all this is over if i hear that word again i will scream) between g.w.s succsessful d and the new d's of either schwartz or meeks.

Wasn't Meeks the 3rd or 4th interview? I know Schwartz was first, with Fassel the mystery guy 2nd. GW was 3rd if I'm correct, then Meeks. Since GW dropped out, with Fassel already accounted for, perhaps they interview Schwartz and Meeks again. I'm sure GW was the one not approving of the OC of Zorn, seeing how Saunders and Williams were both released at the same time.

Thanks for clearing that up.....

This would be a smart hire...

We don't need an offensive head coach to come in and second guess Zorn the same way Gibbs did saunders

Aside from that

Meeks specialty is DB's

which would complete our defensive staff because we kept Blache (O line coach)

we kept Kirk Olivadati (linebackers), and Meeks could do alot of work with the DB's to balance things out..

Look at the production he got out of small time guys like Bathea a Howard university grad for gods sake..

Bob sanders turned into a beast under him and maybe he could do the same with Landry..

I'm jumping on the Meeks 08 wagon!!!!

True true but is he higher on Dan's list than Scwartz?

Thats somehting i wish to know.....

Only The Dan would know that. According to reports, Fassel is on tope of the list.. then, it is reported that Meeks is getting his second interview.

It is all guess work from us fans and media. The only one who knows who he will hire is Snyder. And given all of these random interviews.. maybe even HE doesn't know. :whoknows:

Archived