Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN News: Ron Meeks to get second interview Tuesday.Updated: Reid confirms.(Merged)

praise_gibbs

Wait! I thought that one website was saying that Meeks was just a poor pawn because of the Rooney Rule (They are idiots)? I am happy, that Meeks is getting a 2nd interview, he could be a great coach.

Is it kind of unethical to root for him, in addition to his football intelligence and leadership skills as attested to by Dungy and the Colts organization, also because he is black? I can't help but feel a certain pride, being a minority myself, at the Redskins being led by an African-American, given the challenges and immense hurdles they face getting hired in head coaching positions.

Is everyone is this thread in favor of Meeks because you believe that he can do the job or because you don't want to see Fassel as our HC? Or maybe the thread already answers that question for me? :doh:

Of the candidates left in consideration for HC, we have two that are defensive minded and one that is....Fassel. We've already hired a first time OC, promoted a former DC from within, and we could possibly (based on speculation anyway) be leaning towards a defensive guy? I would think that an offensive minded coach would seem to make more sense? :whoknows:

There's a lot of cats on this board who will be mysteriously silent about Snyder and the FO if they hire Meeks and I think you know why. (and don't get it twisted, these 'cats' will be of varying backgrounds but they all will shut up if Meeks gets hired.)

You're speaking in codes. What does this mean? :laugh: (No, truly, I need clarification...though I think I have an idea.)

My only issue with Meeks (and I really mean only) is that we are not set up for the Tampa 2.

We are almost an inverse of it. Dungy doesn't rely on superstar shut-down corners. And his D-Line is supposed to be extremely fast. In fact the whole defense is supposed to be very fast.

To me, we seem to be set up for gap-control defense.

Yes, we have run a lot of Cover 2. But that is a style of secondary coverage. That is not Tampa 2, which is more of a defensive system.

Coaching Resume

• Arkansas State 1984-85

• University of Miami 1986-87

• New Mexico State 1988

• Fresno State 1989-1990

• Dallas Cowboys 1991

• Cincinnati Bengals 1992-1996

• Atlanta Falcons 1997-1999

• Washington Redskins 2000

• St. Louis Rams 2001

• Indianapolis Colts 2002-present

Rut roh Raggy.

Scooby-Doo-Magnet-C11747661.jpeg

BG4Life

I'm saying there are some 'homers' of another type or people who feel 'guilty' for some long-gone injustice and thus would feel differently about the hiring of Meeks than Fassel or even Spagnuolo.

I don't want my post deleted or edited, so I'm leaving it there. But if you've seen Remember the Titans, do you remember how the assistant coach treated Petey after he got chewed out by Coach Boone (Denzel?) And how Boone lectured the other coach (formerly the head coach) about not coddling certain players?

Is it kind of unethical to root for him, in addition to his football intelligence and leadership skills as attested to by Dungy and the Colts organization, also because he is black? I can't help but feel a certain pride, being a minority myself, at the Redskins being led by an African-American, given the challenges and immense hurdles they face getting hired in head coaching positions.

Would he be the first African-American head coach of the Redskins? If he's the best candidate, it would be nice to finally break that barrier.

Curious about this:

Single father of 4 children, Jayson, Clayton, Quenton and Sadie, and one stepson, Christopher.

Is he divorced twice, or a widower? Not a big deal in terms of evaluating a coach, I am just curious.

To be honest, I root for him for the same reason as Full Monty.

BD

Before we get the usual, "this thread is useless without pics".. I agree

Here is our NEXT HC

2vbkdpl.jpg

Be patient my fellow Redskin family. Maybe it won't be Fassel afterall. Maybe there is something to look forward to next year. :cheers:

somebody photo-crop this with a Skins logo on him... :cool:

I don't want my post deleted or edited, so I'm leaving it there.

You know better then that. Have the balls to say whatever it is you actually want to say. All we've ever asked is that you do it within the Rules.

Archived