Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN News: Ron Meeks to get second interview Tuesday.Updated: Reid confirms.(Merged)

praise_gibbs

Only The Dan would know that. According to reports, Fassel is on tope of the list.. then, it is reported that Meeks is getting his second interview.

It is all guess work from us fans and media. The only one who knows who he will hire is Snyder. And given all of these random interviews.. maybe even HE doesn't know. :whoknows:

Ye, at this point ill support whoever Dan hires but i honestly dont think he knows what hes doing or who he wants thats why hes gonna take his time, and i dont blame him.

This would be a smart hire...

We don't need an offensive head coach to come in and second guess Zorn the same way Gibbs did saunders

Aside from that

Meeks specialty is DB's

which would complete our defensive staff because we kept Blache ([d] line coach)

we kept Kirk Olivadati (linebackers), and Meeks could do alot of work with the DB's to balance things out..

Look at the production he got out of small time guys like Bathea a Howard university grad for gods sake..

Bob sanders turned into a beast under him and maybe he could do the same with Landry..

I'm jumping on the Meeks 08 wagon!!!!

Dude I forgot about the job Meeks did with Bob Sanders. Laron Landry can be even better. Especially with our secondary coaches needing to be replaced. Make him our x-factor like Sanders is over in Indy.

I don't know if you realized this but you just got me in the Meeks bandwagon too!

Interesting. I am all for Meeks over Fassel and I like the resume.

However, I tend to think we should lean more toward an Offensive minded coach. We have a DC that has experience at the position with good results as a Bears DC, and his resume for us speaks for itself. In our OC we have someone who, to the best of our knowledge, has never called a single play in the NFL. I like the Zorn hiring too but wouldn't we be a little better off with an O-minded coach kind of overseeing things?

Interesting. I am all for Meeks over Fassel and I like the resume.

However, I tend to think we should lean more toward an Offensive minded coach. We have a DC that has experience at the position with good results as a Bears DC, and his resume for us speaks for itself. In our OC we have someone who, to the best of our knowledge, has never called a single play in the NFL. I like the Zorn hiring too but wouldn't we be a little better off with an O-minded coach kind of overseeing things?

The other side of the argument is the Cowboys hiring first-year offensive coordinator Jason Garrett while Wade Philips is a defensive guy. Turned out ok enough to earn the #1 seed, Romo sits to pee's choke-job notwithstanding.

If they can do it so can we. Only thing is we'll be better.

Yeh, I mentioned liking meeks a few days ago but kinda felt he was dropping down, don't know why. Fassel is not liked by many people here. :)

He reminds me of Wade.

Exactly. And that's not a good thing. :)

By the way, your big question mark "face" is a little disconcerting ... on several levels actually. :D

I was thinking Meeks earlier today. Was wondering if the reason for holding off on an announcement had more to do with maybe honoring a request by Dungy that we not do it until after the SB because THEY have somebody in mind to take Meeks' place.

Who knows? But count me as another Meeks guy.

I was thinking Meeks earlier today. Was wondering if the reason for holding off on an announcement had more to do with maybe honoring a request by Dungy that we not do it until after the SB because THEY have somebody in mind to take Meeks' place.

Who knows? But count me as another Meeks guy.

Could be you never know.... Im starting to like Meeks more by the second and idk why!!!!!

Archived