Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where were you 16 years ago today...

ECU-ALUM

I was 14 and living in Melbourne, Florida. I had my spot on the floor, my dad on his couch, and my mom milling about the house. No need to switch up our lucky spots this time, we were in control from the get go (...after a sloppy first quarter by both teams, that is.).

I was 19 and just got back from Germany with the US Army. I missed almost the whole season but was able to catch the last 2-3 games of the regular season.

Watching the game at home and taping it on my VCR. After the Raider's DB debacle (and my subsequent meltdown after Allen's long TD run), I swore I'd never watch another Redskins SB with non-Redskins fans present. I still remember that my non-football fan wife ran the vacuum cleaner WHILE the game was on and I still have the tape.

After today's news, those days seem even farther away.....

I was in Germany, drunk off my ass. After hearing the last Superbowl on a Walkman while in chemical gear and hunkered in a bunker somewhere in Saudi Arabia, I was rather excited to get the chance to watch my Skins play for the championship. Someone brought jungle juice, I drank liberally, think I passed out by the 3rd quarter. :laugh:

Good times....

I was 15 years old. Before the game started, a few of my boys were over in Ft. Detrick trying to hook up with some females. Watched the 1st half...tried to get some during half time...after failing...hauled ass home to catch the middle of the 3rd qtr and the rest of the game. I miss those days of dominating fools in Super Bowls.

Over my best friend house, who at the time was a Bills fan. I remember he cried when they lost that game, he tried to be cool and hide it, but I saw it in his face and I laughed his azz out that night, he was so pissed. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Dam, I completely forgot that, I gotta give him a call, I'm going to throw that back in his face. Awww mannn, those were the days, I thought we were going to be great forever. NOTHIN beats that Superbowl game against the Broncos, awww mannnnn, I think til this day, my voice has never been the same. I went completely ape sh-t during the second half of that game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :helmet:

I was not even 6 years old at the time and was at home with my Dad and grandpa watching the game. I remember finding every bit of Redskins memorobilia in our house and putting it in front of the TV. When we won my grandpa gave me $10 and I remember telling him "I hope the Redskins win the SB every year so I can get $10"

Well needless to say since then Ive spent a lot more on the Redskins than I ever received from my grandpa

Archived