Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where were you 16 years ago today...

ECU-ALUM

16 years ago today...our beloved Redskins won Super Bowl XXVI.

Where were you and what were you doing?

I was at ECU and I missed the opening to the game. I was in a Bible Study...and I'll never forget the moment when we finished our closing the prayer our minister said, "Amen! Now cut on the game!"

We cut it on just in time to see Byner score on a pass from Mark Rypien.

16 years ago today...our beloved Redskins won Super Bowl XXVI.

Where were you and what were you doing?

I was at ECU and I missed the opening to the game. I was in a Bible Study...and I'll never forget the moment when we finished our closing the prayer our minister said, "Amen! Now cut on the game!"

We cut it on just in time to see Byner score on a pass from Mark Rypien.

I lived in Hawaii at the time. That was the only Skins Super Bowl where I was out of town for a few years. I remember having a big party at the house.

I went to the Pro Bowl that year and I believe there were 11 Redskins playing. I had ALL my Skins gear on!

I was in good 'ol downtown Radford, VA, in the same spot on the same couch I had been on the entire year (except for the two games we lost) at my buddys apartment. Sorry for costing us the undefeated season...

I had a Glacier Bay Beer (RIP) in one hand and my cigar from my Hogettes halloween costume in the other, which I vowed I would smoke after the Skins won the Super Bowl.

After the game, we went out on the town and I dont remember much after that, except for how good that cigar was!

Amazing how the mighty have fallen...

I was 14 and living in Melbourne, Florida. I had my spot on the floor, my dad on his couch, and my mom milling about the house. No need to switch up our lucky spots this time, we were in control from the get go (...after a sloppy first quarter by both teams, that is.).

I was 9 years old Gibbs 2nd superbowl, I remember sitting in the dark living room with nothing on but the TV. I watched Marcus Allen just destroy a football team, I watched everything that the Redskins did go wrong and I felt sorry for them. really I felt sorry for them while they were getting destroyed and picked them as my team from then on.

Today I feel sorry for my fellow Redskin fans who have to watch our idiot owner continue to destroy a once prowd franchise. Back then, even though we lost that superbowl people repected the Washington Redskins organization, the coaching staff and the fans. Today they laugh at all of us, SAD!

I was down in Georgetown rocking my mullett at the Bayou watching the game on there big screen and drinking coors beer. Then we all exited out of the place and onto M St. where I was pushed by a cop and I pushed him back and then got wacked with his club haha.. great memories

I was super-psyched and completely frustrated at the same time... I was in Naples, Italy serving in the US Navy. I missed watching EVERY single game that season because of bootcamp and training school.

The night of the big game I was serving watch. I had to watch the entire game on a television with horrible reception and the game was broadcast entirely in Italian (bad Italian commercials and all).

I had no idea what was being said and wished, hoped and prayed that somehow Frank, Sonny and Sam could be there to discribe the awesome specticle that was taking place.

-B

Archived