Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where were you 16 years ago today...

ECU-ALUM

Was in college and extremely sick. I was huddle up, shivering in the middle of 30 guys watching the game. 5-6 of us were Skins fans and had been given crap for the previous years because the Skins were always on local tv. So, while I enjoyed the game, I couldn't quite enjoy it as much as I wanted, but I got the satisfaction of shutting up all those guys that complained about the Skins. :D

Now this is a thread.

I was in Tappahannock, Virginia. Virginia (I like just typing that) I was with my best friend and his dad and we had a superbowl party, just for us. Only three of us, and our women. (at the time) GOD, it was beautiful. Me and my boys got TOE UP and cheered like heck that night. I went horse and I was in my buddy's dad's den. So we're they. I feel so soory for the young kids that don't remember that, but proud of them that are with us as fans.

:billsuck:

I was at my dad's house with all the drunkards, I really remember them more than the game actually (9 years old of course). Wasn't that superbowl one of the first bud bowls? I remember that for some reason. Everyone was happy though, it was a grand ol' time not to be repeated again for decades probably.

I was ... errr .... ummm ... 16 years younger than I am now :D .... and I was watching it sitting on the couch in the rec room with my three little girls, who were 6, 3 and 3 at that time, and their dad (who passed away four years later).

I am happy to say that all three of my girls are now grown up rabid Redskins fans, just like mom is and dad was.:)

It's funny, but I remember SB XVII more vivdly for some reason. Maybe because it was the first one we won? Or because I wasn't a mom then and could actually watch the game in it's entirety. :laugh:

I was 19 years old at my girlfriends house watching in Upstate New York. I was the only skins fan there out of the 10 people there. :-) Don't think I have to go into all the details. Been a diehard fan since Mr. Gibbs took over. HAIL!! With all that is going on with the coaching staff, still looking forward to next year. GO SKINS!!!!

I was 18 years old and getting ready to go into the military. We were all scared of the draft coming back because it was the first real war we had been in.

I remember being nervous because we were considered one of the greatest teams ever and I kept thinking that Buffalo was going to play really hard. Then I remember Harry Connick Jr "misplacing" Thurman Thomas' helmet for us. That was awesome!!

I was 19 years old at my girlfriends house watching in Upstate New York. I was the only skins fan there out of the 10 people there. :-) Don't think I have to go into all the details. Been a diehard fan since Mr. Gibbs took over. HAIL!! With all that is going on with the coaching staff, still looking forward to next year. GO SKINS!!!!

how far upstate? albany or out west or even further north?

i know what you mean on being outnumbered. it got really bad from giant fans after gibbs left after 92 season...

I was in Fredericksburg, Virginia, where I was living at the time. Had my girlfriend and a couple of friends over to my old town apartment. We screamed and hollered for the entire game, drinking WAY too much (even before we went out for post-game festivities...) Luckily for us, my downstairs neighbors were deaf, so we avoided jail.

I would never have guessed what was about to befall my beloved Redskins. I always assumed the Cooke family would own them forever...

Got a heck of a early Birthday present(Jan.27th) by watching our beloved Skins whip up on the Bills in our new house in Delaware.I was 16 and my parents retired and we had just moved to Lewes,DE from Crystal City Arlington,VA..At that time,(I'm still here and happy now)I was very unhappy about moving to such a small Town and leaving my Friends.So the Skins victory helped get me through a sad time in my life.HTTR!!!!!!!!!!

Archived