Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When the Giants win SB XLII

KiwiSupaFlyNuka

The week 17 matchup when these two played was entertaining! And it wasn't even supposed to be! Coughlin was supposed to rest his starters while his backups got raped by the record book chasing "60 Minutes EVERY game/"What do you want us to do? Kick field goals?/Let's run 4 WR spreads and throw the ball even though we're up 30 pts. in the 4th qtr." Patriots.

But that was the exact opposite of what we got! Good football and almost as close to losing as the Pats were when they played the Baltimore Gayvens. I know, I know...so sue me...but just this once...Go G-Men!!!

The week 17 matchup when these two played was entertaining! And it wasn't even supposed to be! Coughlin was supposed to rest his starters while his backups got raped by the record book chasing "60 Minutes EVERY game/"What do you want us to do? Kick field goals?/Let's run 4 WR spreads and throw the ball even though we're up 30 pts. in the 4th qtr." Patriots.

But that was the exact opposite of what we got! Good football and almost as close to losing as the Pats were when they played the Baltimore Gayvens. I know, I know...so sue me...but just this once...Go G-Men!!!

I'm just not seeing how it's going to be the same this time around. 38-35 wasn't quite as close as it seemed. It was 38-28 until the Giants scored a td shortly before the game ended. The Pats adjusted somewhere and took the lead in the second half.

That also neglects the facts that the Patriots were missing two members of their offensive line, and one of their linebackers on defense.

I'm too lazy to use the quote system, but someone on the Patriots board said something like the 2 weeks off will be better for the Patriots because it will help heal them... Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Giants entire secondary pretty much either out or wouldn't have played in a regular season game because of injury, against Green Bay? I think that the Giants will actually be better off with the extra week off.

Guess we'll see though.

I'm too lazy to use the quote system, but someone on the Patriots board said something like the 2 weeks off will be better for the Patriots because it will help heal them... Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Giants entire secondary pretty much either out or wouldn't have played in a regular season game because of injury, against Green Bay? I think that the Giants will actually be better off with the extra week off.

Guess we'll see though.

The Giants' subs in their secondary were playing better than their regulars...

I do think the Pats will win. However, I don't think it will be by 14 points unless Eli watches tape and models his game after his Minnesota performance. NE has had the long ball shutdown and it has made them a better team offensively because they've run the ball well and dinked & dunked their way to TDs. All 3 of their SBs have been close games, and I think this one will be similiar.

I'd say 27-23 Pats.

I can't say who will win come Super Sunday but the line is presently 14 points and you'd be a fool to not take the Gmen and get that big of a line. I cleaned up taking the Bolts and the points this past weekend. Just saying...

Wow...that is easy money right there.

EDIT: The biggest spread usa today has is Pats -12.5. Where did you see -14?

I'm just not seeing how it's going to be the same this time around. 38-35 wasn't quite as close as it seemed. It was 38-28 until the Giants scored a td shortly before the game ended. The Pats adjusted somewhere and took the lead in the second half.

That also neglects the facts that the Patriots were missing two members of their offensive line, and one of their linebackers on defense.

I think a lot of people forget that bradshaw didn't play at all in that game, and has been a huge part of the offense in the playoffs so far, also jacobs was nursing a bruised ankle supposedly. I would expect the running game to be much more effective.

Oh plus we were the home team and now we are the away team.

Well, there is some evidence of that slow decline. Early in the year, the Pats were blowing everyone out. Lately, they've been scoring less and less and barely winning their games. If it comes down to a last second field goal, the Giants might have a shot.

Of course, I am already disgusted at the thought of all the Manning talk and really don't want them to talk about back to back Manning wins. I'm also really sadened at the thought of an end to making fun of Eli and Coughlin. I'll give the coach the benefit of the doubt, maybe Coughlin isn't so bad. However, Eli will always be Peyton's "slow" little brother.

I think a lot of people forget that bradshaw didn't play at all in that game, and has been a huge part of the offense in the playoffs so far, also jacobs was nursing a bruised ankle supposedly. I would expect the running game to be much more effective.

Oh plus we were the home team and now we are the away team.

Even though one team is designated as the home team, you are both away.

Even though one team is designated as the home team, you are both away.

And it really doesn't matter to the Patriots, they're 10-0 at home and 8-0 on the road. The home team in the SB has 1 advantage. They get to pick what color uniforms to wear. The visiting team has 1 advantage. They get to yell heads or tails one time. I still think NE wins 38 (their favorite number) to 24.

Hmm, I am viewing this as the equivalence of Mcrow coming here saying how the vikings were going to beat us.

You ruined it for your team, dude.

Awww shucks. I guess I ruined Tampa, Dallas, and Green Bay as well. :)

Not to mention the thousands of arrogant Patriot fans who cancel my prediction out x 1,000,0000.

Re: When the Giants win SB XLII

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks, I needed a good laugh after all this Fassel News.

Archived