Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: Vinny Cerrato Named Executive Vice President (MEGA MERGED)

TK

The job description is that of a General Manager without the title. He is doing everything a GM does including picking the coach and personnel.

Actually, Vinny doesn't have the power to pick the coach. Thats a power Snyder reserves for himself.

The good thing is, we'll see how much Vinny actually has, rather than having him hide behind others. To be fair, no one outside of the organization really knows how good of a job he's doing, becuase of all the other problems this organization has had. How much of his failures under Spurrier and how much of the successes under Gibbs were his responsibility? Hard to say. Now, we get to see.

Jason

VINNY CERRATO NAMED EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT

ASHBURN, VA - The Washington Redskins today named Vinny Cerrato to the new position of Executive Vice President/Football Operations. He will assume responsibility for all aspects of the team's football organization - including personnel, the team roster, scouting and salary cap management.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Actually, Vinny doesn't have the power to pick the coach. Thats a power Snyder reserves for himself.

The good thing is, we'll see how much Vinny actually has, rather than having him hide behind others. To be fair, no one outside of the organization really knows how good of a job he's doing, becuase of all the other problems this organization has had. How much of his failures under Spurrier and how much of the successes under Gibbs were his responsibility? Hard to say. Now, we get to see.

Jason

Well i beleive under spurrior that Vinny and Dan ran the show with Steve not really wanting any input except to say "get me the cheap florida guys while im at the golf course"

VINNY CERRATO NAMED EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT

ASHBURN, VA - The Washington Redskins today named Vinny Cerrato to the new position of Executive Vice President/Football Operations. He will assume responsibility for all aspects of the team's football organization - including personnel, the team roster, scouting and salary cap management.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Oh i forgot one more thing....... :puke:

B/c Vinny has remained the one constant throughout Snyder's reign in Redskins land.

Adam Arch, B. Lloyd, TJ Duckett, Bailey/Portis 2nd rounder, Lavar contract, Deion Sanders, Jeff George, countless sqaundered draft picks and lopsided contacts, and a costant struggle to stay under the cap.

If our system "aint broke" then why are we the only club in the league to follow this model?

:doh: :doh: :doh:

If it's not Vinny making those decisions then I guess he doesn't deserve the heat.

Archived