Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: Vinny Cerrato Named Executive Vice President (MEGA MERGED)

TK

Vinny and Brandon Lloyd? The only person in charge of personel in the entire league who would trade away a draft pick WHEN THEY DON'T HAVE TOO?

:rolleyes:

No, JG was in charge of personnel when that happened. You must have been out that day. He either set it up, allowed it, or both.
On the contrary, makes you wonder if Vinny Cerrato got over ruled on decisions that time proved him right. There would certainly be plenty of room for that. Anybody heard anything on that?
I assume that must be the case. Even Snyder must realize some of the bone headed personnel moves we did (and didn't) make.

Actually, wasn't that 2 draft picks?

Your right, a 3rd round pick that year and a 4th round in '07. The 4th round pick is what I was referring to.

No, JG was in charge of personnel when that happened. You must have been out that day. He either set it up, allowed it, or both.

Mike Nolan sought out the Redskins after BL refused their contract extension. Now, who do you think he called first?... Snyder and/or Gibbs who wouldn't have a clue?... or Vinny? He may not have anything to do with BL's ridiculous contract (I'm sure that was Gibbs with Snyders OK), but he presented his evaluations in front of their tables with a few things missing. It was after he was signed that Gibbs found out about those missing details. A responsible Vice President of personnel? I don't think so. Cerrato: "Oh yeah, he's worth an extra draft pick... and even though we don't have to offer him a new contract, he's worth the same as Moss."

On the contrary, makes you wonder if Vinny Cerrato got over ruled on decisions that time proved him right. There would certainly be plenty of room for that. Anybody heard anything on that?.

I assume that must be the case. Even Snyder must realize some of the bone headed personnel moves we did (and didn't) make.

Not saying this is the case but...

Can you imagine, for instance, if Vinny had pushed for Shawn Merriman, Ben Roethilisburger, Anquan Boldin. All fairly nobrainers at the time. Mel Kiper was very big on them, who is friends with Vinny Cerrato. And it is pretty well purported those picks went to placate coaches Williams/Gibbs & Spurrier (but as I said previously with the committee running things there is no accountability). Mean while Vinny Cerrato gets eaten up in the media but can't point the finger. After time went by wouldn't Snyder have to tell him - wow, sorry man, I'll make it up to you next time/coach around.

Just a scenario.

Archived