Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC - Redskins to Consider Jim Schwartz (HC candidate)

voicekiller

How about the theory that Schwartz might be a candidate to replace GW as DC when everything comes together? I mean, it would probably triple his salary. That would leave GW in a position to further take the reigns that Gibbs handled as team president and head coach. Would that be too far-fetched?

Thank you for using your brain. If you think about what is going on it pretty clear to see what is going to happen. They are setting the table so to speak for the announcement of Greg Williams as the new HC. They are suring up Al Saunders and the rest of the coaching staff as well as everyone else Greg wants to join the staff. This doesnt happen overnight. Once they are all set then they have to go through the formalities of interviewing per the NFL rules. No question in my mind that G-Will is our next Head Coach.

I am glad that Dan is being serious about this and not trying to make a splash. I will say that. Whether or not his hire will work out or not is irrelevant (for now). At least he is trying to make sure he gets an understanding of who out there is qualified for the job.

Thank you for using your brain. If you think about what is going on it pretty clear to see what is going to happen. They are setting the table so to speak for the announcement of Greg Williams as the new HC. They are suring up Al Saunders and the rest of the coaching staff as well as everyone else Greg wants to join the staff. This doesnt happen overnight. Once they are all set then they have to go through the formalities of interviewing per the NFL rules. No question in my mind that G-Will is our next Head Coach.
This straight from JLC, to my personal email

Jim Schwartz: "He couldn't leave for a lateral move Under contract"

That won't happen Schwatrz cannot leave for a lateral move

How about the theory that Schwartz might be a candidate to replace GW as DC when everything comes together? I mean, it would probably triple his salary. That would leave GW in a position to further take the reigns that Gibbs handled as team president and head coach. Would that be too far-fetched?

This is what I was thinking, they could be getting GW's staff together

You really need to wake up and smell the coffee. This is NOT the reason for interviewing Schwartz. GW is not going to be the next HC of the skins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinsNatsFan

Could it also be that Schwartz would be interviewed to backfill Williams position if they went with Williams?

[QUOTE=drowland]No, that would be a lateral move for Schwartz. If that was the case the Titans would block it.

GW's job title is not defensive coordinator. Greg Blache is Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Line. GW is Assistant Head Coach - Defense.

Joe Gibbs taught Greg Williams a lot, its all about people. Greg is going after the people he feels are most likely to give him the best chance to win.

Archived