Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC - Redskins to Consider Jim Schwartz (HC candidate)

voicekiller

We're doomed! No Grillams for HC! THey are gonna blow up the team! NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Seriously, just relax. They have to go through a process before they can just name Williams the head coach. They have to interview everyone they believe is qualified. And due to our cap situation, there will be NO blow up situation, at least for this year. Whoever steps into this role has to accept that this roster will probly be what it is (with the exception of a handful of cuts) for a while. We are too expensive to blow up. So relax.

Since the team doesn't have a contractural obligation with Gregg that obligates them to give him the job, the Rooney Rule applies. Any evidence that the Skins had already decided on Gregg would constitute a violation. So, obviously they would not tip their hand even if Williams is their guy.

That's my understanding.

i might just start not reading these entries anymore. they scare me too much.

with every passing hour it looks more and more like it is the players/coaching staff vs. snyder/cerrato.

and that is a scary thouht.

tgijef

It is going to be a very interesting couple weeks that is for sure, until a new HC is named

Jim Schwartz would be an excellent hire IMO. From what I know he's got all the good good qualities as Gregg Williams, MINUS a lot of the bad. Mainly he's a better communicator then Williams is.

He came up in the Browns scouting department in the 90s when Belichick was there. So he worked with Ozzie Newsome, Scott Poili and Phil Savage on the scouting side. Then he moved on to coaching under Fisher and Williams. He also grew up in Maryland and went to Georgetown.

No the job of a reporter is to give the news ... I columnist gives their opinion with little basis in fact...JLC can do a good job at both but when caught on the hop like this he gets flustered and starts sounding like a spoilt kid with the opinion the story should be about him

What is interesting is he continues to try and shake the tree, I am not sure if people from the park are just not talking to him or don't know what is going on themselves .

I am not ruling out us doing something odd like hiring someone outside the team and blowing up the house that Joe built BUT I have not heard one rumor of Williams or Saunders looking outside for a HC gig .

There was also a rumor that Snyder and Gibbs and a defensive assistant had a meeting/meal on tuesday night ....who was the defensive assistant ?

I would love to have Schwartz come in as either DC, or even HC. This guy has a proven track record with Tennessee, and is fairly local (from Baltimore area). Plus, the Ravens fans would hate our guts for taking him if we get him before they even consider pulling the trigger. I am going to agree with the posters who said this is a smoke-screen. I hear Schwartz isn't a serious candidate in Baltimore, and Atlanta is in limbo. Didn't Marvin Lewis pretty much make a lateral move from Baltimore to DC? And I don't think you'd need permission if you "interview" him for the HC position, then hire him as DC without the "DC" interview. If Williams is HC and Schwartz is DC, then that would be a major coup for us.

he does a job with reporting the news and giving his opinion/ideas on what it could mean? isn't that a job of a reporter?

Ah, a JLC guy.

Fact is the man has worn his contempt for the Redskins on his sleeve since he got the beat as the "reporter," and, more so, in his blog, where he can dispense altogether with any of the traditional burdens of being a "reporter," like sourcing, impartiality, writing ones self out of the piece, etc.

My comment was less about anything specific he said in the latest little PFW-worthy piece than it simply my own personal opinion that he's probably pretty tickled that, with Gibbs now gone, he can turn both barrels loose at the FO again.

Could just be my take, though.

Ah, a JLC guy.

Fact is the man has worn his contempt for the Redskins on his sleeve since he got the beat as the "reporter," and, more so, in his blog, where he can dispense altogether with any of the traditional burdens of being a "reporter," like sourcing, impartiality, writing ones self out of the piece, etc.

My comment was less about anything specific he said in the latest little PFW-worthy piece than it simply my own personal opinion that he's probably pretty tickled that, with Gibbs now gone, he can turn both barrels loose at the FO again.

Could just be my take, though.

well i dont mind his little rants. For those who don't know about ES, JLC provides them with the latest news. He is wrong for making assumptions but what fun is his job then as a reporter? :laugh:

Archived