Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rocky has Successful Surgery, EXPECTED TO BE READY FOR THE START OF THE 2008 SEASON

#98QBKiller

Can we drop the LB talk please?

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=33936

McIntosh Has Successful Knee Surgery

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

January 8, 2008

Linebacker Rocky McIntosh underwent successful surgery on his left knee on Jan. 4, the Redskins have announced.

McIntosh is expected to be ready for the start of the 2008 season, the team said.

McIntosh suffered the knee ligament injury in Week 15 against the New York Giants and he was placed on injured reserve.

McIntosh had started 14 games at weak-side linebacker last year and continued to show progress in his second NFL season. He finished with 105 tackles (70 solo), second-most on the team, three sacks, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.

The surgery was performed by Dr. James Andrews of Birmingham, Ala.

The Redskins also announced that five other players would undergo surgeries in the coming weeks.

Defensive tackle Cornelius Griffin is expected to have surgery on his right knee.

Versatile lineman Lorenzo Alexander is expected to have surgery on his right ankle.

Linebacker H.B. Blades is expected to have surgery on his left knee.

Safety Vernon Fox is expected to have surgery on his left knee.

Tight end Todd Yoder is expected to have surgery on his right knee.

Dr. Andrews is expected to perform the surgery on Griffin, while Dr. Ray Thal of Reston HCA is expected to perform the other surgeries.

Bing ready to play and being back to full speed are different matters. It will probably take a while before he's comfortable playing at full speed.
History has shown that it takes at least 2 years to successfully recover. While Rocky will probably be healthy enough to play next season I don't think it will be fair to judge him by his performance. Let us hope that nobody gets down on him if he appears slow and weak.

History has shown that it takes at least 2 years to successfully recover. While Rocky will probably be healthy enough to play next season I don't think it will be fair to judge him by his performance. Let us hope that nobody gets down on him if he appears slow and weak.

WHAT?!!?!?! I had to read this twice. :doh:

Bing ready to play and being back to full speed are different matters. It will probably take a while before he's comfortable playing at full speed.

agreed. he won't be the same LB he was this year. Def slower and more cautious. it will take him some time to get comfortable out there. glad to hear it was successful though.

This is good news however we definitely need to address the depth at LB. Plenty of uncertainty at the position with Marcus and Godfrey getting older. We definitely still have some good guys to build around though with LFB and a young HB Blades. What's Washington's current contract status?

That's true of an ACL injury, that it takes about 12 months for someone to be 100% at-speed. Was that what Rocky had? I don't know.

Archived